Tilson Technology Management Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Mar 26, 2020

4.5
Tilson Technology Management CEO Joshua Broder (no image)
Joshua Broder
Pros
Cons
  • "None if you like to work in a fast growing and exciting company(in 4 reviews)

• "The demands of a fast paced work environment are not for all people(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"A place to be a part of something bigger than yourself"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tilson challenges you to be your best self with respect to your career. It’s a high-functioning, fast-paced creative environment that attracts people who believe in the work and want to make a difference. Some of the smartest, hardest working people I ever worked with. I really appreciate the positive “we can do that” attitude.

Cons

This is not a place if you want to do the same thing every day, don’t enjoy a dynamic environment, or want to cruise along. They don’t suffer fools for long.

March 29, 2020VP Workforce

Thank you for sharing this review! We hope to attract more people who are looking to be part of something bigger and also pitch in anywhere help is needed - it's part of our fabric and it makes who we are. Thanks for being part our Team!

"Rocketship with Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great leaders, fast-paced interesting work

Cons

Sometimes the pace is a little TOO fast. LOL

February 14, 2020VP Workforce

Thanks for your review! It IS a fast pace and at times, you're right, it can feel overwhelming. When it feels too fast, take a break and make sure you're not feeling out-of-control and responding to the speed around you. Take your PTO and check-in with your team to make sure they're ok as well. We need everyone on the rocketship to be accountable and honest about what's happening on the rocketship!

"Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Fantastic, fast paced tech company. Explosive growth with excellent room for career opportunity. Great communication. Larger company that feels smaller.

Cons

None so far. No job is perfect; Tilson is a fantastic place to work.

November 25, 2019CEO

Thank you for the feedback and glad your first year at Tilson is off to a great start. I especially liked hearing that we feel smaller than we are from a communication prospective. Keep us posted on where you see room for improvement.

"Excellent work culture and personal/professional growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been at Tilson for over four years and have been fortunate to work as part of a fast-paced, high-growth company that hasn't lost sight of its core values. The quality of individuals who comprise my colleagues is something I've never experienced in any other work environment. At Tilson, the company is extremely high growth and places value on employees who embrace challenges as well as the unknown and who know how to solve problems, with a great many incredibly talented resources to draw from as well. Tilson is interested in its employees' professional development and rewards its employees with more opportunities to challenge themselves. Tilson employees handle the rewards and the challenges and meet both with calm composure. Tilson is incredibly good at identifying employee strengths and placing individuals into positions that maximize the potential. The culture at Tilson is its strongest asset--people are invariably kind and while they take their work seriously, and with focus, they never deviate from the high character attributes which hiring managers at Tilson seek in each job candidate. I have been at Tilson for over four years and each year has been better than the previous.

Cons

With a high growth company, there are always the typical growing pains in terms of developing processes and allocation of work. Despite these, the quality of the people are always able to overcome such challenges, and do so in a way that strengthens these processes moving forward.

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Thank you for sharing your perspective from inside Tilson! Sounds like you're a great fit and enjoy the challenges of solving hard problems with your colleagues. People like you have made Tilson what it is and what it will be. If we keep our core values at the forefront and challenge ourselves to do the same, we can overcome any challenge in our path.

"Great Place to Be"

Current Employee - Director in Bow, NH

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive management, Fast-paced, Plenty of Work, Safe Environment, Culture/Values, Opportunity for anyone to make large contributions, Leader in field, Lot's of energy and brainpower, Best Tower Crews in the industry, Nothing but great equipment for the crews.

Cons

Fast-paced, lace'm up and hold on, not everyone is adaptable enough to flourish here, Hard to get to know everyone due to growth of company.

"Tilson Culture"

in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management for more than a year

Pros

Tilson's culture is one of a kind. Post college I worked for two different companies prior to coming to Tilson. The first company was a very "corporate" company and the second was a small Maine business. The first "corporate" company, moral was low among your co-workers, issues with sexual harassment, and very hard to move up to be successful. The second small business company I went to sexual harassment was high, moral even lower, and it was every man for himself, opposed to a team. Coming to Tilson, I found the exact opposite in the culture. We are fast paced and in cutting edge industry and I believe it is our team which makes us so successful in what we do. We face hurdles daily (which can be stressful), but we are able to over come with the team effort. When we face a new obstacle, the Tilson team attitude is "let's figure this out," thinking thoughtfully and logically as we can. It is very nice to have the comfort to be able to "lean" on your co-workers opposed to defending yourself, which inevitability creates higher productivity. Also, as a female, and a victim of extreme sexual harassment in the work force, it is comforting to not have to worry about those issues when coming to work. Tilson's #1 priority is safety, not just in the field, but all around. I am grateful to have found such a great team to work with.

Cons

WEX is going to block out Casco Bay view soon....

February 21, 2018CEO

Thanks for the positive feedback, and I couldn't be happier to hear that your view is that the company culture protective of team safety, not just physically, but as a comfortable and professional place to work without fear of inappropriate behavior. While we have the usual policies around not tolerating harassment, I'd think that the current positive climate is an outgrowth of our team cohesion - people seem to genuinely respect and value each other. Your point about not losing the vibe as we grow is well taken! If we start to slip, speak up!

"Great Work Environment, Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Portland, ME

Pros

Really great people, company culture, and team environment.

Cons

The demands of a fast paced work environment are not for all people.

December 1, 2017CEO

Thanks for the positive feedback, and good call out that the pace and intensity of what we are doing is not for everyone. We are trying to communicate that to folks during the interview process to find the right fit. I think the culture will stay good if we can keep focusing on that fit by being candid in the interview process.

"Great company that provides the ability to gain experience well beyond job title!"

5.0

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-challenging and exciting projects with the ability to work in different departments -high caliber of smart and driven coworkers -ability to take on and learn more than just what your title says. Tilson gives you exposure to complex business problems and the hands on learning that other companies don't at lower levels. -the feeling of working as a team to grow a bigger and better Tilson together -very fast paced and you can feel the energy!

Cons

-processes sometimes lag behind the growth and can be challenging tactically. -project based work means constantly changing teams and project type. Can be challenging but is also a big Pro for those who thrive in a fast paced environment.

January 6, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you are enjoying the peer group, we are excited about the peer group we have built. I'm glad you pointed out that the process lags behind the growth. While the process improves, we keep growing so that's an ongoing feature of our business. We are looking for people like you that want to help write the book, rather than be given it!

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.