Tilson Technology Management Employee Reviews about "josh broder"

Updated Jun 10, 2020

4.5
Tilson Technology Management CEO Joshua Broder (no image)
Joshua Broder
Pros
Cons
  • "None if you like to work in a fast growing and exciting company(in 4 reviews)

• "The demands of a fast paced work environment are not for all people(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "josh broder"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Tilson Provides Leadership, Care and Expansion During Pandemic"

Current Employee - Construction Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have always taken pride in working for Tilson. This has been reinforced going into and during the Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to grow America's infrastructure at a time it is needed most. Senior Leadership, starting with Josh Broder, CEO, has been proactive in all aspects of how the company is meeting this head on, ranging from establishing proper work stations at home for employees, access to PPE, care (physical and mental) for all and most importantly clear communication of expectations, events, obstacles and opportunities. I cannot express my appreciation enough, during this time of extreme uncertainty, I can get a straightforward message of how we are expected to take care of others, ourselves and our business.

Cons

I do not have a con to add.

December 21, 2020CEO

Thank you for your feedback on our focus on safety during this pandemic. We have worked hard to make sure our employees are have a safe and healthy environment, and that we are communicating effectively despite being more remote than usual.

"Tilson Cares"

Current Employee - National maintenance manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Now more than ever, Tilson has shown their support, care, concern, dedication and value to all it's employees. We feel like family. Josh Broder is honest, real, cautious, smart and continues to show how essential all his employees are, how important they are and makes us all feel like we are truly apart of the success. Tilson is flexible, genuine and a great place to work.

Cons

None if you like to work in a fast growing and exciting company!

May 12, 2020VP Workforce

Thanks so much for sharing how you feel about Tilson and Josh's leadership during this difficult time. It means so a lot to know how you feel and that you're willing to share with others. Thanks for being part of a great team.

"On a mission with amazing people and leadership"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think Josh Broder deserves an extra note of thanks for all of his ongoing leadership and support during this difficult time. Thank you very much because your leadership has been my inspiration each day. Thank you!

Cons

There are no cons to report.

May 12, 2020VP Workforce

Thanks for giving Josh a shout out! His leadership and compassion during these difficult times uplifts us all, prioritizes working safely so we can continue our mission building America's information infrastructure. Thanks!

"So proud to be part of the Tilson team"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Business Development in Denver, CO

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CEO Josh Broder has created an amazing culture. Leadership cares about the health and safety of every employee. My peers are talented and creative. Ideas are welcomed at every level.

Cons

It is hard to find Cons here at Tilson

Continue reading

"Tilson is a fantastic growing company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Tilson is at the forefront of building out 5g and small cell technologies across the US. Tilson CEO Josh Broder is an outstanding leader for the organization, consistently growing the company across many areas of telecommunications. Tremendous professional growth opportunities within Tilson.

Cons

None come to mind at this time.

February 14, 2020VP Workforce

Thanks for your review! Tilson is a great place to be if you like to be pushed by those around you and make a real difference in today's highly connected world. If any cons do come to mind, please be sure to let us know when you identify it and in a way that's productive. We're growing, which can be challenging, and we don't want to wait for things to be uncomfortable or unbearable before anyone's aware and able to address it.

"Lives up to the hype"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Pros

Velocity. The time between conception and execution here is often breathtaking. My team jokes about “Tilson time”: in the six months since I started Tilson has added about 100 employees, opened (at least) 5 offices, and raised $5 million in financing. Quality of work. Tilson has a big social media presence that describes the work the company is doing all over the country (“Today at Tilson we . . .”). As an outsider I always sort of rolled my eyes at this, but now that I’m here: 1) Tilson is *actually* doing all that stuff, and 2) a lot more, sometimes way cooler stuff that for competitive or client confidentiality reasons don’t make it onto the Twitters. Culture. These are all the people you want to be working with: wicked smart folks who genuinely want to help each other solve complex problems at pace (see above re: velocity). It’s striking how happy everyone seems to be given how demanding the work is. Everyone works hard but also recognizes that people have lives and family, which I've really appreciated with small children of my own. The CEO, Josh Broder is the real deal. Brilliant, creative, deeply ethical, and really cares about his people. Opportunity

Cons

It's not for everyone. And if someone is not a fit the company tends not to wait to see if things improve.

February 21, 2018CEO

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm flattered by the personal call out. I have to deflect though to the team. I love my job because the team is awesome, I'm learning and being pushed as well. Could not agree with you more about this not being for everyone. Fit matters, and what we do, how we do it, and what we expect from our team is a real challenge.

"The Way Work SHOULD Be!"

Current Employee - Director in Portland, ME

Pros

Tilson Technology is a unique company and employer in every sense. Tilson is the fastest growing, hardest working, most challenging company for which I have ever worked. For me, and for my colleagues, Tilson provides the greatest opportunity to challenge oneself with growth only limited by your own efforts and desires. Tilson hires smart people, gives them autonomy and opportunity to create (personally and in business). It heralds their successes and mentors their fall-backs. Few companies do so much for their employees current and future opportunities, even if they move on to other positions outside of Tilson. Josh Broder, CEO and owner, actively leads the company and takes daily personal interest in fostering a team of great people by offering good pay and good benefits, with a eye toward making Portland, Maine, and Tilson's other local branch communities, great places to live, work, and thrive.

Cons

As a fast growth, aggressive mover in the marketplace, Tilson can be taxing in its pace. With all of the opportunities for personal growth and advancement noted above, much is asked of each employee: hard work, long hours, occasional crossed signals on company direction. Even as it is highly successful, it is still maturing in policies, processes, and staffing. The road to success is not always a smooth curve up; there are bumps along the way. However, the positives outnumber the negatives by a significant multiple.

June 26, 2017CEO

Thank you for your positive review, and noting the opportunity for people who want more. Agreed on the challenges of growth - the bureaucracy has not caught up to the pace of operations!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.