Tim Hortons "minimum wage" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated Nov 24, 2019

3.4
Tim Hortons CEO Jose Cil
Jose Cil
Pros
  • "Flexible hours and great experience(in 224 reviews)

• "If you do not have any work experience relates to customer service especially in fast paced environment, it will be a perfect place to get trained(in 210 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too much work for a minimum wage job(in 136 reviews)

• "Have extremely rude customers and we aren't allowed or dont get defended by our managers(in 106 reviews)

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews

"What you would expect"

Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, free coffee. Flexible for college.

Cons

Working your average minimum wage job

Advice to Management

None

Tim Hortons2019-01-25
  2. "The Worst!"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Meeting kind hard working employees and customers

Cons

Horrendous Management. Good hard working employees working average 50+ hours a week making minimum wage. Store managers with years of hard work making 26k.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees along with customers. as you would want to be treated. Quit advertising specials when you know your not going to have them.

Tim Hortons2019-02-03
  3. "Cashier"

I have been working at Tim Hortons full-time

Pros

They work around your availability

Cons

They start off minimum wage even with experience

Tim Hortons2017-08-22
  4. "Great college job"

I worked at Tim Hortons

Pros

Had very great customers and great co-workers.

Cons

Minimum wage pay. Had too many side duties.

Tim Hortons2015-05-14
  5. "My experience working at Tim Hortons not what I expected"

I worked at Tim Hortons

Pros

Friendly daily senior citizens customers. Free drinks if you work under 7 hours Free food and drinks if you work over 8 hours. Free work uniform Paid Training Paid breaks Opportunity for advancement in management positions. Tim Horton's employee discount But if you get close with management and coworkers you'll get free food and drinks even if you did not work that day.

Cons

Biweekly pay (Every two weeks) No raises or bonuses They pay you State Minimum wage They pay Wage goes up when your state minimum wage goes up. :( Rude customers Managers will talk about you to co workers and vice versa. (Could be different at other stores) Benefits could be way better. You do everything from washing dishes to changing toilet paper even if your assigned to work at the front register or drive Thur.... Which can be hectic at times. Drive Thur time clock have to be under 25 sec. You wont make that 25 sec in the morning trust me. Long lines wrapped around the corner in the morning and lunch hour. Poor employee Training Techniques. The computer does a better job than hands on training. Management don't even know what to do sometimes No break room.

Advice to Management

Retrain your management team more often. Keep them in a refresh course at least 3 times a year. Give your employees raises so they can have a reason to deliver better service to the customers. Give hard workers bonuses for a job well done. Something they can look forward to when working at Tim Horton's. Add break room to all cafe's everyone does not wants to sit in the cafe part with customer's to take a break.... Assign permanent positions so everyone wont be running around doing everything.

Tim Hortons2015-04-12
  6. "Good for short term only"

Store Front in New Albany, OH

I worked at Tim Hortons

Pros

The team I worked with was great. Manager always concerned about you and made the staff feel like a family.

Cons

Owner wants to take the cheap way out every time thus things were always breaking. Not much room for growth and Supervisor's pay was barely an upgrade from minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what would make each store more efficient. Don't hire bad attitudes to ruin the atmosphere of the store.

Tim Hortons2015-03-19
  7. "Great job for high schoolers, but nothing to make a career out of"

Current Employee - Tim Hortons Team Member in Erie, PA

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free coffee, food discounts, and a positive atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity to improve problem solving and people skills. If you have a good crew you're generally going to have a good day at work. Management is friendly, patient, and helpful and owners are good too.

Cons

Pay Is just a hair over minimum wage and will likely stay there for younger workers. Lack of consistent management and major lack of communication. Can also be slow so prepare to clean. A lot.

Advice to Management

Communicate better, leaving notes isn't an effective tool. Also some supervisors are too lazy. When they don't do their job right it hurts everybody. When there is a task that only supervisors can do and we start our shift and it's not done it makes it really difficult to get things done

Tim Hortons2014-08-21
  8. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Tom Hortons - Store Front/Baker in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy-going fun place to work. The kids who have problems haven't worked other places and can't compare.

Cons

Minimum wage job - is good for kids just starting out in the workforce, or older folks who just want a supplemental income, without stress.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be better at stocking supplies --and the product being produced - some of the "Bakers" are sending out donuts that look bad, and no one wants to buy an unappetizing donut - it just adds to waste - because I will toss them when I get in and can't fix them, and if I am not there to do that, I doubt they get sold.

Tim Hortons2014-04-21

"I wish I could give less than one star..."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros

most of the customers were very sweet and a pleasure to work with, also there was a handful of funny, smart, and kind employees that worked here too.

Cons

The owners and management is ridiculous! They gossip, they yell, they're rude, they treat their employees like dirt. They except perfection out of you, and if you mess up they either fire you, dump your hours, or yell at you; and all this you're dealing with for a measly minimum wage (by the way, theres no way you're getting a raise). I clearly remember how I once puked at work, and had to sit there till the owner... showed up for 40 minutes (mind you while I was still puking), and only then did they let me go home, and to add to that they cut my hours to only 8hrs a week, because the manager told the owner that i was "faking puking" ... I was afraid to leave work when I found out that I had a case of the flu, so i had to work through it, I can't even imagine how many people i got sick there, and they saw me coughing and unwell, and still said nothing about it: I think its really unprofessional when your customers have to be subjected to your employees illness. Oh, and don't except to get any time off, I had Christmas plans with my family and I asked for a few days off 3.5 weeks ahead of time and the owner flat out told me "no!" ... even though the policy is that if you give 2 weeks notice its acceptable, and then I got punished even more and she even cut my hours down to nothing. And to add to all this working there during the actual shift was hell! They were so disorganized I had to run back and fourth several times to grab donuts because the showcase was often empty and some of the donuts weren't even placed in it to begin with; all this and while taking other orders and making sure that the cars got through the drive through in under 30 seconds, which is totally unrealistic especially if people get for example a mocha latte and a breakfast panini (all time consuming things to make) and then I got yelled at for voiding things on the POS, because while i was running around sometimes I wouldn't be as careful (on a bad day maybe 10/400 orders, thats 2.5% ON A BAD DAY! ) Overall the job would have been just fine had it been slightly more organized and owned by somebody else, and that did't seem to be happening, so after 6 months I quit.

Advice to Management

Act like professional business owners and adults (gossiping, yelling, snide remarks, rudeness, and disorganization is not part of that)

Tim Hortons2014-03-05
  10. "A great experience for new comers"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast-paced industry, great diverse, opportunity to grow within the organization

Cons

Start from minimum wage, can be repetitive

Tim Hortons2019-11-06