KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Match Group
Is this your company?

Tinder

Add a Review

Tinder Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated May 27, 2021

Found 6 of over 125 reviews

3.6
Tinder CEO Renate Nyborg
Renate Nyborg
Pros
  • "Everything at Tinder is really great(in 18 reviews)

• "Promotes an inclusive culture and work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Tinder is one of the most poorly managed companies I’ve ever personally experienced(in 12 reviews)

• "Not to many cons, great company(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

What people are saying about Tinder

Join the conversation on

New York City

7d

a

Director

Trying out dating sites recently and think I ran through just about everyone on hinge and not a fan of tinder. Do people under 40 in nyc use match?

45 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job I've ever had

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Awesome people that actually care about and have pride in their work. -Work/life balance and scale of a bigger company with the impact of a startup. -Fun, collaborative environment. -Great perks (basketball court, food, massages, great health benefits, etc...)

Cons

-As Tinder as grown from a startup to a mid sized tech company there have been growing pains and turnover in execs. All changes for the better but in the meantime there is inherent frustration of changes priorities and processes.

3 people found this review helpful

People Team

Thanks for the review! We plan to incorporate our core values and mission in everything we do - thank you for recognizing the recent changes as for the better! We're so happy this is the best job you've ever had!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Politics abound

May 27, 2021 - Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Good benefits.

Cons

As Tinder grows into a larger company, it becomes more and more political. So difficult to get headcount. Certain teams are ignored in favor of others

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Jan 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commitments to DEI are far greater than other tech companies. Promotes an inclusive culture and work/life balance.

Cons

constant change in leadership makes it hard to move the needle.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good not great

Oct 1, 2020 - Designer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers are intelligent, talented, and have truly pure intentions for the users. Nice work life balance and a great opportunity to learn a lot about product.

Cons

Leadership typically consists of people who are older and have little to no online dating experience. Very out of touch with our user base and relies mostly on quantitative data. Products that actually get shipped goes through a very political process. Most senior positions are hired outside of the company which makes it difficult for internal growth.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Declining

Feb 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're a responsible employee, flexibility in your work-life balance is there.

Cons

1) Some managers and leaders on teams are afraid they're going to get demoted and replaced by new hires. People fear that they're going to lose their jobs every day, they work not knowing whether or not they're going to be there tomorrow. 2) While financial performance seems solid, employees feel none of that. The more we hear about good things happening, it seems like the less we are treated well.

16 people found this review helpful

People Team

Your feedback is greatly valued and appreciated. While we are glad to hear we are doing well with work-life balance, we are deeply disappointed to hear about your concerns. We believe our employees make Tinder truly special, and creating an environment where every employee feels valued and appreciated is of utmost importance to us. We are actively working on communicating more frequently and transparently. We are committed to protecting and fostering our culture as we continue to grow. Please reach out to a member of our People team and we will be glad to address your concerns in more detail.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Enjoy Coming to Work!

Mar 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart co-workers, motivating atmosphere, flexible schedule, great team support. The work/life balance has drastically improved as of late. Tinder is really listening to their employees regarding positive changes. Good opportunity for growth.

Cons

As the team grows there are organizational changes, which are expected.

5 people found this review helpful

People Team

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews