Tink (Sweden) Reviews

Updated May 5, 2020

3.2

"Stereotypical scale-up with miserable hiring practices"

2.0

I worked at Tink (Sweden) full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Exciting product and company - Cool offices - Ambitious people

Cons

- Probation periods are used as a way to unfairly get rid of people. An alarming amount of ex-employees have had their managers writing "today was X team members last day" in a public Slack channel. They excuse the high turnover as growing pains. - Parts of management completely removed from the day-to-day, setting unrealistic deadlines for projects - HR has been a complete mess in the fall of 2019, with people being forced out

Continue reading
  2. "Exciting journey with good people"

Current Employee - Product Management

I have been working at Tink (Sweden) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Unique experience of a scale-up that is leading an industry transformation on european scale - Incredible opportunities for personal development and career growth - Contributing to making financial services more consumer friendly, mission driven company - Competent, humble and results oriented colleagues - Great employee experience and work life balance - Interesting products and tech

Cons

- Hyper growth, ambitious goals and constant change is demanding - not for everyone. The re-org every 6 months is a thing - Everything can be (and will be) 10x better but resources are limited leading to constant prioritisation, can be frustrating - High growth rate means many employees are new in their roles, and fast hiring means c 10% of hires have not been prolonged past probation causing some minor tension - Internal processes and structures are surprisingly good given the stage of the company, but nonetheless have some ways to go

Continue reading

"Ambitious, driven and kind tech company"

I have been working at Tink (Sweden) full-time

Pros

Good mix of Swedish business culture (candid but kind) and driven fast-paced growth-stage environment

Cons

(hyper) Growth stage companies are certainly not for everyone.

"Something's rotten here"

2.0

I worked at Tink (Sweden) full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Central location, opportunity to join huge fintech trend taking place (open banking), snacks and breakfasts, smart people from many nationalities. Entertaining and inspiring top management. - People are trying hard to deliver high-quality results. Many people here will be the movers and shakers of the open banking industry.

Cons

- Culture. You can tell the company went from 15 to 50 to 100 to 300 employees in the space of three years. The direction and culture of the company is expressed well during interviews and all-hands etc., but when it comes to everyday work, you just sense that there's so many recent joiners being led by managers who are stuck between ambitious growth targets and what they tend to perceive as inefficient teams. The result is that there's this sense of rush and urgency, it's all on you and if you fail it's your fault. Besides, as an employee you don't really get to enjoy the tools or the right organisational setup or leadership vision to make the most out of it all. Strategy can change from month to month. - There are serious signs of an entrenched elbowing and backstabbing culture. The HR team had some feuding going on during the fall and a handful of recruiters were closed out and eventually left. Isn't HR supposed to set the example for a healthy culture and living up to company values (challenging, responsible, sincere, friendly, excellent)? - No big tech company was built without some ruthlessness, politics and skeletons in the closet (looking at you Klarna, iZettle and Spotify). And besides all the recent hype, Tink will definitely be no different, and part of it is surely because the business model is so...... tough: to deliver IT infrastructure to the most powerful banks in Europe, and to also try to make enough cash until open banking really becomes a big business opportunity (and to crush all Europe competition along the way.)

Continue reading

"Changing the financial industry"

Current Employee - Technical Product Specialist in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at Tink (Sweden) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tink is a great workplace if you want to be a part of changing the financial industry and help banks/financial institutions be innovative with financial data. It's a flexible and open work environment where I can manage my own time, work from home or another office in Europe. If you want to, you can impact the direction of the company and there are plenty of opportunities if you want to test something new. I work with a lot of talented people that have been recruited from various start-ups and well established companies across the world.

Cons

Tink has grown from 100 - 270 people in just a year, which means that a lot of people are new in their roles. This means that everyone is not super productive but the new organisational changes is starting to take shape so this is just a matter of time.

"Great people and culture at a company with a fantastic outlook"

I have been working at Tink (Sweden) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The first and most obvious thing you'll notice is the people working here. They are so friendly and helpful. Very smart and responsible peers. - The founders are very down-to-earth and inspiring fellows. Very approachable at the office and always takes the time to talk to you. - Great atmosphere to be able to grow in, you'll be challenged as well as supported to succeed. You're encouraged to try out things, shoot ideas, fail and learn. - Fantastic product on a very promising market. Technology in the very forefront of the industry and amazing funding (raised 95 MEUR in January 2020).

Cons

- Tink experienced hyper growth last year (2019) in Stockholm which made us split into two offices due to shortage of office space. They both are nice offices (10 min walking distance) but the best had of course been if all could be under the same roof. - A gaming/creative/relax room would be nice

"Fast growing environment with great individuals"

I have been working at Tink (Sweden) full-time

Pros

- Great working culture - Highly competitive and skilled people - Family feeling - People open to feedback - Big scaled projects with impact - Great offices, locations Tink is a great company with great people. I have been working in the company for about a year now. People are very kind and polite and also experts in their fields. My manager has contributed to my growth. What I appreciate is the open channel that we have, where we both feel that we can address our feedback and that is respected. I also feel that the company has invested in my growth and that is, from my point of view, the approach for all the employees. People are reachable. When there were work-related topics to discuss I had the freedom to discuss that with different people from hr to top management. Multicultural and non-discriminatory environment where everyone feels welcome. Also, amazing office and IT teams making sure nothing is missing.

Cons

- Growth pain The company is growing a lot. There are things that are thought of and others that are not. That can be tricky and sometimes creates friction however, the company culture is such, that those things can be discussed and addressed. Yes, there are things that might not be defined and unclear but I always had the chance to discuss those with both my manager and my team and eventually move forward. People care and that is great to see even when the number of employees and responsibilities are booming.

"Ok but not great!"

I worked at Tink (Sweden)

Pros

- Good place to learn new tech. - Competent colleagues - Inspiring mission - Good hardware - Breakfast, snacks, AW.

Cons

- High work pressure. - Not a ver competitve sallary considering work pressure. - Not very good work/life balance - very young and inexperienced managers - Messy software architecture - Micro-management in architectural decisions. A few previlaged engineers (engineering-success) mostly dictates what is right and what is wrong. - Previlaged colleagues who get special benefits. - Infra team has too much control over infrastructure and are not very friendly and helpful. - Too many junior developers.

"RUN AWAY! Don't stain your career working there!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm

I worked at Tink (Sweden) full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Friendly colleagues, people feel engaged * Friday beers * Office facilities

Cons

They try to sell a culture they don't have. They state "friendly" and "challenging" as values, but if you put it to test, it just crumbles or explodes in your face. People take the values seriously, but management couldn't care less. There are serious engineering problems that affect the company to the core, and they simply won't face them, they'll sugar-coat them forever, defending a status quo that is rotting the company. Try to change it, brave it for the good of the company and you will get burned. If you like sound engineering you will hate everything that you see there. Don't get fooled by the "we are replacing our monoliths" talk, they are not, they are just repeating the same mistakes in a "microservice" way. Your colleagues might be friendly, but don't expect that from management. Some of them are very nice and competent people, but most of them are clueless and completely incompetent to manage anything. Also, you can expect to be fired without any kind of prior warning and complete disregard for the damage it could cause to your life. If you work at Tink now you can see it happen: in the #people channel in Slack, if someone posts "I'm leaving" or the manager posts "Jack is leaving in X time", the person obviously quit on its own, but if it's a manager saying "Unfortunately, Jack left the company" then the person was told that day that they were being terminated, they are given some lame reason, packed its stuff and was already escorted out fo the building on a matter of one hour. Check the Linkedin profile, and most likely the person was about to complete its probation. It's that simple, and it happens all the time, easily multiple times a week. They won't tell the person the real reason for firing, but they will certainly blame the person itself, especially with the overused "bad cultural fit" excuse. Ask anybody in their teams and probably the person was an amazing colleague, and everybody was shocked about the sudden termination. I read these reviews before joining the company, but expected them to be isolated cases. They are not. Don't go there, just don't! Seriously! The interview might look good, that they know their goals and how to do it, but in the end it's a real mess.

Continue reading

"Immature organisation and lack of decency"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Stockholm, Stockholm

I worked at Tink (Sweden) full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Beautiful breakfast during once a week - Friday AW - Fruit and snacks during weeks - Receptionist and office IT is top quality

Cons

- Bad feedback culture. - HR is totally absent. - Values is stated but not lived up to...not even close - Elbow culture - Seniority got rewarded with a management position even though the thought people generally lack leadership attributes as a whole. - No expectations from manager. It is up to you as an employee to guess the expectations and own your development plan.

Found 16 reviews