Tintri Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Tintri CEO Tom Barton
Tom Barton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Market pay with a great work life balance" (in 18 reviews)

• "Great company, great tech, great people" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is no such thing as a no jerk policy in EMEA, you are hired to be quiet, to do as you are told and to brush things under the carpet" (in 6 reviews)

• "The C level did horrible job and after they screwed things, they left the company too" (in 8 reviews)

"Great Product, most awesome Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working as Technical Support Engineer. The product is great and customers love it but what I am very proud is about Tintri Support. We truly go above and beyond to make sure customers' issue is resolved in timely manner and they are satisfied.
    I don't think you will find such a great Support team in any other companies.

Cons

Unfortunately due to financial issues and recent lay offs, the moral has dropped.
    The C level did horrible job and after they screwed things, they left the company too. Hope our new CEO will bring some positive changes.

Advice to Management

Management needs to do something to sustain the team. Give some bonus or little promotion, or whatever you can to keep the team happy to stay. Be aware that the competitors are hiring aggressively.

"Dirty founder/cto. 200 person layoff"

I worked at Tintri full-time

Pros

Great product, great people

Cons

The founder/cto destroyed what was left of company. Ceo has a deal with major company to acquire and save Tintri. Cto destroyed deal and ceo had no choice but to resign. Founder/cto plans to file bankruptcy and sell the assets off to make his money back.

Advice to Management

It’s too late now, but they should have fired cto when they fired former ceo back in March. The company is closing down now. Don’t ever let these guys work in valley again! Dirty deeds

"Disgraceful excuse of a company"

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Technology, and the people that worked in the worldwide field organisation, and historically in engineering, were a passionate and integral group of people that always tried to do right for their customers, despite Kieran Harty's refusal to speak to the people that paid Tintri's bills

Cons

The Board of Directors have zero ethics; zero morals; and zero sense. Through their decisions to allow Ken Klein to remain CEO despite hearing from many investment bankers that he was a crackpot demonstrate that they were completely absent when leadership was required. Kieran Harty, the co-founder of the company should have been forced out years ago when the former CTO recommended a strategic change to software only; but Kieran crushed that mutiny and drove the company into bankrupcy. Tom Barton was a wonderful CEO who was brought into the company after being fed a pack of lies by the board. He should have been part of the solution; but his hands were tied.

Advice to Management

The the BoD: You should be ashamed of yourself for your complete lack of oversight. To Kieran Harty: you should never again be allowed to manage people in any capacity. To the liquidators: you will eventually have to look in the mirror, and realize that life is about more than spreadsheets. You will have to meet your Maker, and it will not be a good day for you.

"Buh Bye Tintri - It's over!"

I worked at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As many have said Tintri has/had a great product. Outside of that the only pro is the employees in the field who hung around because they were told there was a chance and were told they would be paid til a certain date (they weren't). If you're reading this and know of anyone from Tintri and a job they might fit then consider them as they are some of the most loyal people out there. They stood by a company that did nothing but find ways to do the wrong thing by them.

Cons

Outside of the actual product it's one of the worst run company ever which is why the majority of the company has been released as of June 25th. Even in the end everything was mismanaged from the people to the space to the marketing. They couldn't even fire people in a properly managed manner which all leads to a company that went public and will be de-listed within a year.

"Worst Executive Level | Founder (CTO)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good team and great product

Cons

CTO and board members are very selfish and just want to fill their pocket by selling the company asset, even though our new CEO worked hard for an acquisition.

Advice to Management

GO TO H**L

"Sales"

I worked at Tintri full-time

Pros

Innovative product that worked as described and loved by customers

Cons

Inept management team that ran company into bankruptcy

Advice to Management

Think hard

"Sr. Event Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! Lots of dedicated and hard-working people. We have a new CEO and I like his dedication to the company. Excellent products. Our customers LOVE us.

Cons

It's a challenging time right now. We are trying to right the ship and fighting a lot of FUD from our competitors.

"Challenges abound"

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall good people at the individual contributor and manager level.

Cons

CEO and CFO departure leading to major attrition. Pretty deep hole to climb out of.

"Top executives screwed up the company"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good engineers (not many left anymore), Tintri Storage, Office area, Mon food, Wed Bagels, Fri Donuts, HSA

Cons

Top management, No transparency, No Roadmap

"Sales Manager"

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Technology with fanatical customers that see great benefits from the products

Cons

Poor Executive Leadership around IPO