Tintri Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Tintri Reviews

Updated May 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Tintri CEO Tom Barton
Tom Barton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Market pay with a great work life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Great product that delivers on it's promises (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as a no jerk policy in EMEA, you are hired to be quiet, to do as you are told and to brush things under the carpet (in 6 reviews)

• The C level did horrible job and after they screwed things, they left the company too (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Product, most awesome Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working as Technical Support Engineer. The product is great and customers love it but what I am very proud is about Tintri Support. We truly go above and beyond to make sure customers' issue is resolved in timely manner and they are satisfied.
    I don't think you will find such a great Support team in any other companies.

Cons

Unfortunately due to financial issues and recent lay offs, the moral has dropped.
    The C level did horrible job and after they screwed things, they left the company too. Hope our new CEO will bring some positive changes.

Advice to Management

Management needs to do something to sustain the team. Give some bonus or little promotion, or whatever you can to keep the team happy to stay. Be aware that the competitors are hiring aggressively.

2. "Sr. Event Marketing Manager"

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! Lots of dedicated and hard-working people. We have a new CEO and I like his dedication to the company. Excellent products. Our customers LOVE us.

Cons

It's a challenging time right now. We are trying to right the ship and fighting a lot of FUD from our competitors.

"Challenges abound"

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall good people at the individual contributor and manager level.

Cons

CEO and CFO departure leading to major attrition. Pretty deep hole to climb out of.

"The Old Boys’ Club..."

I have been working at Tintri full-time

Pros

Pros as I see -
    - You get paid for not working! Only a handful of folks show up for work these days. If they show up, they are busy polishing their interview skills.

- If you threaten to quit, you might get loaded with more goodies (cash/retention bonus, equity, pay hike etc.). Management desperation to keep the bodies around is on full display.

- Perfect place to work for a son/daughter of an exec, you will be hired without any relevant or prior experience and will be protected from any future lay offs and RIFs.

Cons

Here are some of the cons in my opinion -

- Old boys' club is still alive and doing well, all of the leadership positions are held by men.

- Gender discrimination is extremely visible within Engineering and Operations. Women should try to stay away from both of these orgs. Recent promotions and RIFs are a huge indicator and reflection of the leadership. All women in operations were let go as part of the recent RIF (except for one that was a family member of another exec). Also, on the same day as RIF, large number of employees within these orgs were handed off promotions and bonus and guess what, once again, the recipients were all men. For these leaders it has never been about individual performance but it's all about their own inflated egos and narcissism, one of the reasons this company has been on a path of self destruction!

- Horrible, awful human resource department, never seen an organization that is so spineless. No action is ever taken to transition out management folks that are total jerks (and yes, there is a NO jerk policy), won't hold leaders accountable for their inappropriate behaviors at the workplace and instead the employees take the hit (complaint is overlooked, ignored or the employee will be fired/let go).

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees with respect and compassion even when you are conducting a RIF, it will go a long way in your professional careers as leaders. Foster an agile and nimble culture, get rid-off all these EVPs, SVPs, VPs and directors - overhead that adds zero value! Build a culture that is "inclusive" and institute gender diversity in leadership.

"Avoid"

I worked at Tintri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Product
    Customers love the product
    Employees are incredibly smart and creative

Cons

CEO and board made terrible business decisions with IPO execution, resulting in the company's current state, and continue to execute on the same decisions
    Company is hemorrhaging talent and money
    Morale is at a low point across the entire company

Advice to Management

To avoid bankruptcy, most of the C-Level needs to resign and be replaced in order to quickly establish confidence in the market, customers, and employees for the company to move forward.

"Top executives screwed up the company"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good engineers (not many left anymore), Tintri Storage, Office area, Mon food, Wed Bagels, Fri Donuts, HSA

Cons

Top management, No transparency, No Roadmap

"Sr Staff Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Product, Great people. Lots of work. It performing excellently well in DataCenters and Cloud Infrastructure Labs. Design and groomed by season engineers in the industry.

Cons

Bit of bad luck. Burn rate was higher than anticipated. But company taking measures to control it.

Advice to Management

Good luck to you folks. You are doing your best.

"So much potential but horrible management/leadership!"

I worked at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture was great. Food and drinks flowed endlessly. Holidays, birthdays, and product launch celebrations really brought team camaraderie together.

Cons

Ken (CEO) and Kieran (Founder) really have to understand and take ownership of their lack of vision and ability to go to market. For such a small company, Ken, please walk down the hallways with your head up, smile and acknowledge your staff. Kieran, you are smart and a visionary but let people and PM go to market with ideas that customers want. You started it but let other that have taken companies to the next stage do what they do best.

Advice to Management

It might be too late unfortunately. You lead the space in storage technology before anyone else. Everyone took a 6-1 reverse split going IPO - and who goes public and everyone loses money?! Get a good buyout and don't wait until your down to your last dollars to declare bankruptcy.

"Sales Manager"

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Technology with fanatical customers that see great benefits from the products

Cons

Poor Executive Leadership around IPO

"Great product, survival is tough"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great product, great engineering and support team

Cons

- Company is struggling a lot

Advice to Management

- Improve the strategy to come up with profit