Tinuiti Reviews

4.7
Tinuiti CEO Zach Morrison
Zach Morrison
Pros
Cons
  • "Other than that there's really no cons(in 11 reviews)

• "We're growing and there will be growing pains but we are proactive and have a great plan for the future(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great spot to work - lots of perks & awesome work life balance"

Current Employee - Channel Account Specialist

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time

Pros

You don't have a sense of being micro-managed here. Managers want to see you succeed. Pay is great - compensation is a huge plus, get a huge spike in annual pay from it and keeps you motivated. "Unlimited" PTO, they don't count days but cant take 2 months off consecutively after one dude who quit was able to...

Cons

Getting new clientele can be slow, growth is restricted by the clients you receive. AKA promotion titles are dependent on how much clients spend, if you don't get new clients (sales team drives this) then you dont get promotion opportunities.

Tinuiti2020-05-15

""This is fine" .. get paid, get better, get out"

2.0
    Former Employee - Technical in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Tinuiti full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the whole, it's a decent enough agency with all the usual perks. Pros include commitment to remote work, some interesting clients (some, not so much), an active Slack culture, and so forth. It's a good place to start out or spend some time early-career, but there are not really as many career-growth opportunities as they promise. Lots of time spent chasing the shiny objects, perhaps not enough time spent on the fundamentals.

Cons

There's a lot of chasing all the "Top Workplace" awards but, to be honest, this simply accentuates the problems inside the company. Upper management is pretty disengaged from the VP level on downward, and at least in my (technical) department the middle management is being filled in with less-than-technical candidates. But you would think that at least they're experienced, skilled managers? Also, no. HR is a joke, just nod your head and steer clear. Remote work can be a great benefit, but it can also hide a lot of problems. IMO, management requires a lot of hands-on, face-to-face work with other human beings -- no shortcuts there! Observe certain personality types, perhaps individuals attracted to management for the paycheck or the power (not necessarily the work or responsibility), who can talk a good game do pretty well in this environment. Nothing bad to say about the rank-and-file; plenty of smart, talented, underpaid people working here. This could be so much more, but it's not clear Tinuiti knows how to get to "great agency" status. Hope they do, but chasing rankings ain't gonna cut it.

Tinuiti2020-05-09

Tinuiti Response

May 14, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for your thoughts - We truly apologize for your experience. At Tinuiti, we live by our Core Values and always strive to grow our employees. Over the past 2 years, Tinuiti has gone through tremendous growth which comes with growing pains. I recognize your feelings, and it is not the great experience we strive for, especially with our management level. We are currently working on expanding our training offerings to include more in-depth manager training. We strive to have the right people for the right roles and will do what we need to make sure that happens. I hope that if the opportunity presents itself in the future, you would be willing to consider employment with Tinuiti again!

3. "Still Feel Connected with your co-workers from all over the country"

Current Employee - Marketing & Events Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time for less than a year

Pros

People-first, progressive, great benefits, hard-working, fun, pleasant, understanding

Cons

Long but thorough interview process

Tinuiti2020-04-21
  4. "A company that cares"

Current Employee - Strategist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, great upper management, full transparency, fun culture, WFH, free lunch, great pay, people first company

Cons

Going through growing pains of growing quickly, but Zach and the team have done a wonderful drop treading through and being transparent with any company changes.

Tinuiti2020-03-15
  5. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Creative Strategist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing team who is very supportive and very flexible work from home benefits

Cons

Not many cons to share the only thing is that at times the workload can get a bit taxing. Good thing there is a supportive culture in place to get you through it.

Tinuiti2020-03-13
  6. "Amazing"

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time

Pros

Great Work Every single day

Cons

Loved it all when I was there

Tinuiti2020-03-11
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You will work alongside a truly talented and motivated group of people. The company is very employee-centric, and this manifests itself in many facets.

Cons

There are no major cons I can come up with.

Tinuiti2020-01-02

"Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Tinuiti part-time

Pros

Treat their employees well, everyone wants to help you grow

Cons

Growing at a very fast past due to recent acquisitions and a lot of things get lost in translation

Tinuiti2019-12-19

"Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tinuiti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a lot to be said after working there for over five years, but I think the most important thing is that this is an agency that truly cares for its employees. I've worked in two other agencies before and can say with confidence that Tinuiti blows them out of the water in that regard. This is true starting all the way up to the founder of the company as well as the rest of the executive team. I was also constantly impressed by the quality of people Tinuiti hired, even as they have grown rapidly in the last few years. There are very few people I encountered that I would not be happy to work with or hang out with outside of the office. If you are someone that cares about your quality of work, this is a great place to be. Aside from that, the amount of flexibility they offer is pretty unprecedented from what I've seen. If you can demonstrate that you can be trusted to handle your work and keep your clients happy, it has one of the most relaxed work-from-home and vacation policies I've ever encountered in the agency world.

Cons

The company has grown a ton in the last few years as they have built out their service offerings and become more of a wholistic digital marketing agency than just a paid search agency. That comes with more rigid and corporate procedures, but I would say they've done a great job of maintaining their values and not getting too lost in the growth phase. Also, it's an agency so there will be periods of time where you will have to work a lot, especially around QBR season. It all depends on the clients you're on.

Tinuiti2019-10-25
  10. "Hard to beat this agency"

Current Employee - Strategist

I have been working at Tinuiti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The previous reviews about benefits (flex hours, remote working, unlimited PTO) and a great exec & mgmt team that cares are all true. Heard from many colleagues that came from other agencies that this is by far the best. Truly emphasizes a "work-life balance", but matched w/ hard work.

Cons

Very few--most come with the territory of agency work: QBRs, periods of high workload, holiday rush, the occasional bad client, etc.

Tinuiti2019-10-20