Tires Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Tires Plus President Joe Venezia
Joe Venezia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "decent pay and laid back work enviroment" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great people I have met and very few of the people below management level have not been a great person/people" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Retail, long hours, biased schedule towards store managers" (in 10 reviews)

• "Limited access to upper management" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Tires Plus/Bridgestone is a great place to work and build a career"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay, benefits, sky is limit for career path. Your pay and career are only limited by what you are willing to put into your own self advancement.

Cons

typical retail stuff: have to be there to take care of customers when they are off of work which means you work most minor holidays, weekends, etc.

Advice to Management

I feel employee retention can be increased by letting more team mates know what they are capable of achieving within the company .

2. "Service"

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Tires Plus full-time

Pros

Decent pay for the job.

Cons

Unattainable goals with companies cfna.

3. "Really Good place to work for."

Former Employee - GSTL in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - GSTL in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work as much as you want ..

Cons

Never off on New Years! They want you to work on holidays , when it’s time to be with your families!!!!! But the big wigs are off and HR .. must be nice !!!!!! And who comes in at 7 pm to get there car fixed , we are so dead at that time ... the hours of operation should be 7-6 , the big wigs don’t know anything.

Advice to Management

What advice it won’t do anything.

4. "Technician"

I worked at Tires Plus full-time

Pros

Great benefits! Kinda flexible schedule

Cons

To strick on yellow chains and safety glasses at all times. As well as monthly phone safety meetings and yearly testing

5. "WAS a GREAT company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They're in the past... The offer benefits just like everyone else. Used to be able to get help from HR but not anymore.

Cons

Literally sat in meetings in February. Was told that we're getting back to the basics. Everyone was thrilled for 5 minutes. Then they introduced the 4dx strategy. Let me tell ya... I thought micromanaging couldn't get worse. In the same meeting we were told "this is all we will implement this year. We are not going to put anything further on your shoulders."

Not 5 months later we have another meeting to discuss a new Workforce Optimization (WFO) plan. This plan was thought of by a consultant firm. It is very clear the consultants have never worked in an auto repair facility. To sum up WFO... Generate more productivity and profitability with less manpower.

I wish I was making this stuff up.

When it was stressed to our corporate staff at great lengths that this will hurt our business and lower car count - they didn't listen. Now the company is down in car count, and it's because salesmen and women are not good at saying yes to the customer.

Now we have a fast finish for 2018 that involves more micromanaging because it's the store level teammates fault.

Prepare to miss family engagements and question your morals. Because the new model is to maximize what you can out of customers VS providing trustworthy advice.

HR is a total disaster. Can't get help from anyone. Everything (including our banking) is done now out of the country by those who don't speak English.

Advice to Management

Ditch the consulting firm and listen to your managers at the store level. Get back to honesty and integrity. Be a trustworthy auto repair company. Stop trying to be like NTB...

6. "Technician"

Pros

Co-workers and day to day conversations.

Cons

Upper Management, False Promises, Long hours

Advice to Management

Reward your employees for hard work instead of attempting to keep them in the same capacity as long as they will put up with it.

7. "Tires plus"

Former Employee - MTS2
    Former Employee - MTS2

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Some co workers discounts on tires

Cons

Retail, long hours, biased schedule towards store managers.

Advice to Management

You can expect to work 10 days straight with little to no overtime being they'll schedule the payroll reset in the middle of your week. You can also expect to close 99.9 percent of the time which usually can leave you to stay late to almost an hour or more past your scheduled time to leave, and some small stores you will work Sunday by yourself so no real time to use restroom or really have lunch unless one of your techs get you food. Absolutely no backing of employees when it comes to customer disputes. Really no time out of work, no consistent schedule.

8. "Having the right TEAM"

Former Employee - Master Mechanic/Advanced Diagnosis in Hollywood, MD
    Former Employee - Master Mechanic/Advanced Diagnosis in Hollywood, MD

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the most enjoyable places I have ever worked. We worked our butts off, but we made money and stayed honest.

Cons

1) At times the long work days were exhausting. 2) being contacted on your days off for Mechanical advice or the "please come fix this."

Advice to Management

when I worked for them Management was great . The store Manager Scott was the most fair , laid back manager I have encountered. you knew what was expected of you everyday and when we were short staffed he would be there working next to you if needed. The Regional Management team was also easy going and supportive at the time. Continue to take care of your employees but everyone needs family/ time away.

9. "Automotive technician"

I have been working at Tires Plus part-time

Pros

Great place to work in naples

Cons

Lots of sitting down and learning

10. "best career decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Technician in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

tires plus is owned by bridgestone and is the best company I've ever worked for. Bridgestone offers all the benefits that you would need. the customer is our boss! That's how it goes day by day you can't ask for anything better!

Cons

working at Tires plus their really isn't any cons it's a great company to me

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you guys have a great idea! The customer is the boss!