Tires Plus Tire Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Joe Venezia
  1. "Decent Job"

Current Employee - Tire Technician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Tires Plus

Pros

Good job especially if you like to work with your hands. they teach you everything you need to know. If you like working on cars its a good job.

Cons

Fast paced job at times. Managers can be on you to get cars out. HR is not very helpful

Tires Plus2016-03-22

"Alright place for a college student living with parents to work or if your lucky enough to become a store manager."

Current Employee - Tire Technician in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay not the worst I have seen. Great people I have met and very few of the people below management level have not been a great person/people. Employee discounts are pretty awesome though.

Cons

Inconsistent on what they pay people and very little raises unless you threaten to leave if they want to keep you around. Asked to do WAY more then what your pay earns you.

Advice to Management

Care about your people more and then you will have happy employees and if you have happy employees you will get people who want to come in more often and be regular customers and for the company to make more money.

Tires Plus2013-03-04

"A good place as a starting job in the field"

Former Employee - Tire Technician in

I worked at Tires Plus

Pros

Tires plus was my first job in the automotive industry when I moved to this town. Most of the training was on the job. People were always around to show you what needed to be done, and help you out along the way. I really enjoyed most of the people I worked with, and always felt they cared about me and my family. I actually miss some of the fun things our team used to do after work together such as going out after...

Cons

The management had no authority with anything. They were pushovers, which sometimes made it harder to get things done. They always wanted you to work faster, even if it meant sacrificing quality of the work you did. I was not ok with this as I take alot of pride in what I do, and do not believe in doing a half way job of repairing something.

Advice to Management

Strive to have your workers work smarter, not harder. This means you may need to spend a little money to have some maintenence completed on the building so we are not working around problems. Or maybe buying some equipment that is more efficient that can save time, instead of relying on the worker to cut corners.

Tires Plus2009-12-01