TitleBucks Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at TitleBucks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to move up in, hoyr lunch breaks

Cons

drive own vehicle, horrible training at my location, bad paying customers. low store ratings.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Gm at the Azalea Ave location

TitleBucks Response

Oct 19, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

2. "Not a safe job."

I worked at TitleBucks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting different people. Pay is decent but not worth the risk. You are helping people when they don't have the money to afford life's problems at the time. As long as they pay more than the minimum then you feel you have done your job

Cons

The way this company works, you bring in your title and get a loan on it. They place their name as a lien holder. They set a payment plan for the loan. They tell you the minimum payment is due on a certain day. But what they don't like to reiterate is the minimum payment is only the finance fee so if you continue to only pay that you will never pay the loan back. The majority of the day is making collections calls. Once a week you have to 'chase' these past due customers. You have to go to the customers' home, work and relatives' to find them. I did not feel safe on these 'chase' calls. You don't collect money but you have to put them on the phone with the store manager for a promise payment. I had to go through three different interviews for this job. They pay was not worth the risk or working after hours to finish collection calls.

Advice to Management

Managers should be the ones doing the chase calls. The collector is supposed to put you on the phone with them and if you're needing to talk to them anyways you take on the risk. You get paid the bonus for having your payment percentage high. Not the collectors.

TitleBucks Response

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. In 2015, we stopped certain collection activities Company-wide, including visits to customers' homes and places of work, and we updated our policies... More