TitleVest Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Tormey

"So far so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at TitleVest for over a year now. Perks: The benefits - 401K, medical/dental/HSA. I work remotely which provides me with greater flexibility and as a result a higher morale. TV also makes it easy for anyone to work from home which cannot be said for many employers. I believe having that option even just once in a while makes for a happier staff. EVERYONE is efficient, competent, and eager to help at all times. I've never worked with such skillful, responsive individuals before. In fact, I was a client many times prior to becoming an employee and I would recommend TV to any former colleague, family member, or friend.

Cons

I actually had a hard time with this section because I am quite happy with my position. The only stand-out item is that the salary isn't great. Occasionally volume gets quite high but I feel every team adapts well and continues being efficient while still maintaining accuracy.

Advice to Management

Provide a higher cost-of-living raise each year (as long as work product merits it).

"Work Culture and Benefits"

Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are amazing. My managers and senior staff are supportive and resourceful. The benefits are incredible. Great 401k match and child tuition assistance.

Cons

TitleVest is a busy company. The workflow has always been busy, but our clients are raving fans as a result of all the hard work our teams put in.

Advice to Management

The "What's on your mind" sessions with managers have been a great way to brainstorm ways to make the company an even better place to work. Thank you for allowing our voices to be heard.

3. "TitleVest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Despite the crazy amount of challenges and changes brought on by being purchased in 2015, senior management does their best to be transparent and explain the reasons behind big changes. There is room for growth that stems from seniority and you can tell that there is an effort in making the office culture a fun one. The extremely relaxed dress code, flexible hours, ability to work remotely, and monthly free lunches, happy hours, or breakfasts make for a good culture. There are generous annual bonuses and raises. Despite all of that, the people here are the best part.

Also, I'd like to use this space to address some false information on this site. There are no drug tests during interview nor employment and only one person has been let go (for good reason) in the past year.

Cons

The nature of the industry creates entry level positions that many would find repetitive. There is no denying that the integration was bumpy but I think that is mostly behind us.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep up the cultural improvement initiatives!

"Badly coordinated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The large growth that took place was a boon -- surely you'd find at least 1 nice person to commiserate with.

Cons

The low pay grade, the expectations that management's expected were simply unattainable. This company burns you out and when you're done, replaces you. The quick expansion of employees was quickly nullified by the rapid exodus from firings. Firing Friday as it was come to be known.

Advice to Management

Don't run your business like a sweat shop.

5. "Good for getting foot in door of real estate industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Young, friendly workforce, open-plan office, occasional beer Fridays and company events (picnics, happy hour, etc.) Good way to get entry-level foot in the door of New York real estate market.

Cons

Very low pay, high turnover so experienced employees end up shouldering more and more work. Little communication from upper management and not much cross-training so employees often get pigeonholed in one specific duty.

"Wall Street Star"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at TitleVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only are you working with some of the top talents in the title insurance industry, but some of the nicest people around. The two floors buzz with interesting personalities; more Cheers than The Office... Space.

Cons

You work on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"White collar sweatshop with a glossy vaneer"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

The every-day people are really great. Youthful, casual atmosphere and while the workload may vary from almost none to highly intensive, the friends you make and keep are what made my stay here worthwhile.
    Casual dress code, managers are generally low stress and available to help. Fresh fruit, occasional beer cart, and even less occasional events (~once every three months)

Cons

The pay is very low, this is the problem for most people and what causes the very high turnover rate. There is also very little growth opportunity. The executive team and a few of the more seasoned managers probably make a really decent salary. Everyone else lives on 35k a year, fighting a losing uphill battle to lock down a raise in the near future.

They spend a lot of resources and effort making for a pleasant and casual work environment which is nice for the day-to-day but they do this to keep people happy while keeping them poor.

The CEO has some demonic super power to be the most charming, pleasant, and downright disarming person you will ever encounter. I'm serious, the guy could become President on his warm smile, hand gestures, and engaging attitude alone, it's freaky. However, he will not hesitate to use this witchcraft to, again, keep you poor.

There seems to be a disconnect between the upper echelon of executives and managers and the day to day churn. This is a good job to start right out of college if only to learn what it's like to work in a casual office environment that would maybe prepare you better than jumping head first into the corporate maelstrom. You learn a lot about etiquette and responsibility without too much stress and formality to freak you out or stress you out. But make sure to take what you can learn from it and get outta there before you get too comfortable and find some way to live in the bottom 25% of revenue earners.

Advice to Management

Salespeople bring in the money, we get it, they get some slack. It would be nice, however, if the simple folk that make the wheels turn would get some love once in a while too.

"Becoming A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TitleVest is really making an effort to be a great place to work. They are very flexible with their employees and are open to remote working, which can be very helpful. They have started putting together group activities and social functions. The upper management really seems to take an interest in the happiness and wellbeing of their employees and supports them in pursuing their goals, whether it be at TitleVest or outside of TitleVest. Personally, I am extremely grateful for their flexibility and support- it's allowed me to pursue other interests I wouldn't be able to otherwise and have a fuller life outside of my work there.

Cons

Like with any job, there are little things that can be frustrating on a day-to-day basis, but as a whole there aren't too many cons. Most of the issues are department specific or are older issues that are still being figured out. Things seem to be improving since the merger with First American, as a whole; the only thing I don't love is the new health insurance plan compared to the old, but for some people it did turn out to be a better plan.

Advice to Management

I like that the management has taken a more active interest in improving the employee experience. The only advice I have is to keep communicating with the employees- it's been good for the most part lately, but I think when communication is down, people get frustrated.

"Awesome Place"

Current Employee - Reader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Reader in New York, NY

Pros

Management makes you feel appreciated and valued. Total support for your personal life flows from the top management down and results in an amazing place to work.

Cons

The Company does not honor all legal holidays - only the major ones.

Advice to Management

Keep the outstanding "open door policy" growing...

"You are a minion here. Go look for a job elsewhere."

Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The one and only perk about this job is that they give you free fruit. Read the other reviews on this website and I assure you, you will not find another benefit.

Cons

Senior management will keep you on board for as long as they need you to push the papers for them. The insane high turnover speaks for itself, the staff will either leave or be fired from their job. I have seen many people come and go during the time that I worked for TitleVest.

Many of the upper management members have moved onto other opportunities, if this doesn't ring any alarm bells in your mind then I don't know what will. The upper management do not care about you, you are a minion to them. You are expendable and do not forget that!

Advice to Management

You are all under the control of the CEO, who never speaks a word to anybody when he decides to visit the office.