Toast Inc Business Development Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato
  1. "Toast Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started my sales career here at Toast about a month after I graduated and I couldn't have asked for a better company to start my sales career. Sales Associates (SAs) are given all of the tools and resources that are needed to be successful in this role. I'm incredibly grateful for the culture and collaborative sales environment that Toast fosters. I can't speak highly enough of the resources offered to SAs... that help to advance their careers. As someone who struggled as an SA early on, I can confidently say that if you are willing to work hard, are receptive to coaching, and have the desire to be successful, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

As with any company that is growing as rapidly as possible, there are always going to be growing pains. While there are definitely things that I think could be improved about the company, senior leadership has done a good job of being very transparent about all of the changes that are happening within the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing! Being transparent and approachable are two traits that every sales manager/executive in the organization possesses. As we continue to scale and grow, these are two things that are very important!

Toast Inc2019-09-20

"The People are Amazing!"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people make this company the best place I have worked at. Everyone picks each other up and supports one another. - The culture is fun and relaxed. - The managers are great at keeping things light and giving advice to improve. - They promote well from within.

Cons

The only thing I would say is just that this specific job involves cold calling which can get tedious and can give you some stress. But, like I mentioned before, everyone works together to keep spirits up and light. It's a very supportive atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from inside the company. It's great incentive for current employees.

Toast Inc2019-06-03
  3. "Great place to work."

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back environment allows you focus and still develop great relationships.

Cons

No cons looking to work at a perfect with overtime and great people. Toast is the place for you. The pay might not be as high ad other companies but plenty of room for growth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing.

Toast Inc2019-03-15

"Business Development Rep/Sales Associate"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Workplace benefits Catered lunches and fun team events Supportive and collaborative team members Immediate management is empathetic and supportive Solid career progression paths with managers helping you get there

Cons

Disconnect between Omaha office and HQ Less resources for success than the Boston office Some extreme pressure/stress to do well Condescending management from Boston towards Omaha team

Advice to Management

I never feel micromanaged from immediate managers, however everyone can tell that upper management keeps things very secret from the BDR managers. This creates disconnect from top to bottom, and causes a bit of animosity towards upper management when you can tell your direct manager has no idea what's going on. If anything I think it's discouraging towards those who want to go into the BDR manager position. It's not... a huge issue but it'd be nice for everyone to be on the same team and have some input towards decisions that come from the top.

Toast Inc2018-12-12
  5. "great company"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

a company on the rise, lots of good perks, great environment

Cons

expectations can be high at times

Toast Inc2018-10-20

"Business Development Representative"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Toast is a great place to quickly grow your career and you will as long as you are competitive, don’t mind making 75 calls per day, you’re disciplined, thick skinned, and self-motivated. It’s a fun, energetic, and competitive environment. Management is solid. Great product, fast growing, and huge growth potential.

Cons

The base salary is pretty low. However, you can make good money if you consistently make or exceed the quotas.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Be careful not to micro manage too much. Doing good though.

Toast Inc2018-07-13