Toast Inc Customer Success Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2019

3.7
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato

"Great Coworkers... very little career growth"

Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers. People last on this team because of the closeness of our peers. We need to continue to foster this with events and team outings. Tons of agency within the role to take on projects. Others on the team say they have a poor work/life balance but I have built in ways to structure this and it's helped me tremendously, and I still hit goals/key metrics. No complaints there.

Cons

Very little mentorship and targeted career growth. Seems like it is up to the individual contributor plead their case for growth since the managers are not around to actually assess the competency. Tons of great people on the team that are just stagnating with no growth professionally and very little compensation growth year over year.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in your teams, it can sometimes feel like you're alone on an island.

Toast Inc2019-07-19

"Low Salary"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Benefits, Fun/ Flexible work environment

Cons

Salary is below average for Boston. You are told not to discuss pay with other employees. Men tend to make more then females even with same experience and hired at the same time. You are told you are valued as an employee but management will not consider evaluating salary even when an entire department is voicing they are underpaid. Evaluation has been " worked on" for over a year with no action. Even working as a... full time employee you can't afford to live around the Boston headquarters due to the cost of living in the area. You will be hired with a "start up" salary at the same time Toast will boast in publications on being a billion dollar company.

Toast Inc2018-11-30