Toast Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.0
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato
  1. "Fast Paced, Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, fun motivated people, and awesome opportunity to be part of such a rapidly growing company

Cons

Because the company is growing so fast, it's outgrowing its offices (they're being renovated but it still makes day-to-day work cramped)

Toast Inc2019-12-06

"Great place to grow career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

-very clear expectations surrounding what you need to do to get promoted -training, felt like I had all the tools and training I needed for a successful ramp -transparency around performance and weekly conversations with manager

Cons

Not really a con, but as long as you are flexible and are able to adjust to change, you're golden. Toast is going through constant change as they develop new offerings for customers and scale as a company.

Toast Inc2019-11-25

"Great opportunity for Growth!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

- As the company keeps growing, there are more and more resources being provided for employees to develop new skills and learn from others - Career trajectory is unlimited here! There is so much opportunity for growth and development at Toast - There are so many amazing people to learn from here. Everyone (even across teams and departments) is willing to drop everything and help you develop new skills and be... successful.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult with any company, but I think Toast has done a really great job updating processes to make this a seamless transition. For example, the new onboarding program is amazing. It gives new employees all the information they need to be set up for success, and is a great way to fully immerse yourself in Toast's culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what's next for Toast.

Toast Inc2019-11-25

"Best sales job in the country"

Current Employee - Territory Account Executive

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly? Everything. Toast is an incredible company to work for. Almost all of the sales team I’m on (1/4 of the country) hits or beats quota every month. You also get to sell something you can believe in. I’ve had sales jobs selling snake oil, but when I call up my customers and ask how they’re doing, ALL of them are doing significantly better with Toast. Also, the commissions are insane. You can easily clear... 100k, and the top reps are making 50% more than that.

Cons

Not much really. Toast is growing very quickly, so there are small changes every now and then, but management does a great job of minimizing the effects on the sales team.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you’re doing, ESPECIALLY promoting from within! We all love to see this, and makes us want to work at Toast long term.

Toast Inc2019-11-22
  5. "The Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture, team attitude, no ego, work hard play hard

Cons

None it’s the best place

Toast Inc2019-09-25
  6. "Toast Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started my sales career here at Toast about a month after I graduated and I couldn't have asked for a better company to start my sales career. Sales Associates (SAs) are given all of the tools and resources that are needed to be successful in this role. I'm incredibly grateful for the culture and collaborative sales environment that Toast fosters. I can't speak highly enough of the resources offered to SAs... that help to advance their careers. As someone who struggled as an SA early on, I can confidently say that if you are willing to work hard, are receptive to coaching, and have the desire to be successful, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

As with any company that is growing as rapidly as possible, there are always going to be growing pains. While there are definitely things that I think could be improved about the company, senior leadership has done a good job of being very transparent about all of the changes that are happening within the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing! Being transparent and approachable are two traits that every sales manager/executive in the organization possesses. As we continue to scale and grow, these are two things that are very important!

Toast Inc2019-09-20
  7. "Love the Team"

Current Employee - PAYMENTS in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, intelligent coworkers, motivated to make an impact

Cons

Typical start-up woes when the company is growing fast

Advice to Management

Growth above all else can come at a cost occasionally. I don't have any advice on how to manage better

Toast Inc2019-09-12
  8. Featured Review

"Dream job, dream company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly can't say enough good things about this company. What a breath of fresh air it is to have found a place where you can believe in the product, love who you work with, and love your job. The perks/benefits are awesome - free breakfast and snacks everyday, beer fridge and tap, regular outings and events, unlimited time off - the list goes on. Work-wise, I've never found a more transparent, honest, and "no ego"... group of leaders at a corporate company. It truly defies the norms. Coming from a job where bosses were there to intimidate and demand, Toast was quite a culture shock when I found the exact opposite. Managers sole purpose is to help you grow your career. The culture and environment is excellent. Everyone is happy to be here, and gives their all everyday - not because they are forced to, but because they believe in this company's mission and the product we sell. It's truly something to get behind. I love my job and who I do it for - I never thought I'd find that!

Cons

No real cons. Things are changing all the time, but that's not a negative for me - it just shows the company is still agile and flexible to improve operations, so that we can continue to grow.

Toast Inc2019-09-05
  9. "Innovative and growing company that cares about it's employees"

Current Employee - G&A in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee Benefits: Time-off, 401k match People and Culture: No Ego. Fun events. Tech stack: Using the best of breed tools

Cons

Fast-paced environment that is changing rapidly

Toast Inc2019-09-03
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Toast Inc part-time

Pros

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Cons

None At this time for now

Advice to Management

Great

Toast Inc2019-09-01