Toast Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Toast Inc Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2020

4.0
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato

"The People are Amazing!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people make this company the best place I have worked at. Everyone picks each other up and supports one another. - The culture is fun and relaxed. - The managers are great at keeping things light and giving advice to improve. - They promote well from within.

Cons

The only thing I would say is just that this specific job involves cold calling which can get tedious and can give you some stress. But, like I mentioned before, everyone works together to keep spirits up and light. It's a very supportive atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from inside the company. It's great incentive for current employees.

Toast Inc2019-06-03

"I Finally Like My Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never been at a job that truly cares about it's values and has such amazing upper management. The execs truly care about their employees and it is clear they want all employees to have a work/life balance. That being said, be prepared to work hard/play hard! If you like to keep busy and be challenged this is definitely the place for you. I have never felt such support. It's true Toast is 100% Sunday Scary Free!

Cons

Can't think of any. Just challenges consistent with a rapidly growing company but we are all in it together.

Advice to Management

So advice. Just thank you. After over a decade of job hopping and feeling like I'll never figure out where I belong... I have found Toast!

Toast Inc2019-05-24

"Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

this company has been a blessing to work for. I think I can speak for myself and all of my colleagues on the sales floor when I say I actually like coming to work. When I applied, I was promised fast career progression, support, perks, and an overall great quality of life. That is exactly what I have been given. The managers here actually want to help and look out for the interest of their team. The culture cannot be beat. Everyone is here to play as a team, and if you have an ego, you probably dont work here. This is a work hard, play hard environment, so come to work hungry to learn and achieve!

Cons

Growing so fast i cant keep up!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your team as a whole, treat all as equals, dont just say "do better" actually tell us how to do better, give examples of better talk tracks or actively show and tell us how to be better everyday.

Toast Inc2019-05-15

"Fast paced, customer (restaurant) focused"

Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced quickly growing company means there's never a dull moment! Lots of exciting work to be done, challenges to tackle and problems to solve. Toast truly lives by it's " no ego" value. Founders and upper management are approachable, available and willing to get their hands dirty. There's very limited hierarchy here, which is refreshing! Many people come from hospitality industry backgrounds and are very passionate about improving the restaurant industry.

Cons

Scaling quickly and can, at times, feel chaotic. Many tasks come at you at once and it can be difficult to prioritize. Because Toast moves quickly, sometimes new programs and processes are not rolled out/executed as well as you'd expect for a company of this size. Not a good place for someone who wants a 9-5 M-F work week. Most departments have flexibility surrounding hours and working from home, but in return, you need to be ok with your work/life balance tilting more towards the work side.

Advice to Management

Focus more effort on effective change management and prioritization.

Toast Inc2019-05-15
  5. "Nothing but a positive"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open, honest, transparent, ethical and concerned

Cons

Sometimes rapid growth brings rapid change: some don’t like that

Advice to Management

Keep following your vision and keep sharing your vision.

Toast Inc2019-05-06
  6. "Express Train to Success"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

-inclusive workplace -accessible leadership -awesome benefits -managers and teammates are super supportive and want you to succeed -fast moving train but so many opportunities to grow your career quickly -Toast Core values (Recipe of a Toaster) are highly considered

Cons

-Boston HQ is getting cramped as we grow in numbers. Luckily there are renovation plans in place to recreate our office and make room for our projected growth.

Toast Inc2019-05-03
  7. "Amazing company, growing like crazy!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture, people, opportunities for career progression, and management are unlike any other company. Such a wonderful atmosphere!

Cons

The company is growing SO quickly, and some of the organization surrounding accommodations can feel a bit wonky

Toast Inc2019-05-03
  8. "Amazing Experience!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company and great energy all around! Employees are engaged and committed to the success of the clients, the company and each other. The office atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, very supportive leadership. A wonderful combination of fun perks and inclusive culture - and a truly innovative product!

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing!

Toast Inc2019-04-25
  9. "Awesome company, lots of room to grow."

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Toast Inc2019-04-24

"Excited to be a new toaster!"

Current Employee - Remote Implementation Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just started but so far, it’s been great! What really stands out is that Toast really cares about their employees. Any company is going to make their customers a priority but it takes an organization with some vision and foresight to prioritize the benefits for their employees. I felt that immediately upon arriving more than any place I’ve ever worked. And the office is just fun and cool! And everyone seems excited to be here! What dimension is this?!

Cons

I can’t honestly think of any cons so far. Perhaps the onboarding could be a little more seamless but that’s a minor quibble.

Advice to Management

Keep caring and listening and all place will go far!

Toast Inc2019-04-17