Toast Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.0
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato
  1. "Great Place To Work!"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager

I worked at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

Nothing but great things to say about this company! I worked there for about a year as a Territory Account Manager and loved the experience as management is very hands on and always willing to help. The culture is amazing and by far the best I have been a part of.

Cons

None that I can think of

Toast Inc2019-07-17

"Overpromises and Underdelivers"

Former Employee - Operations Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food and "unlimited paid time off".

Cons

Lack of structure, lack of communication, band-aid fixes, buggy/low quality product, phony company culture(which doesn't even apply to THE WAREHOUSE) and values which you're pressured to buy into, no real path for advancement, no bonuses, lack of respect, incompetent employees, manager is almost never present and tends to patronize.

Advice to Management

This is a warehouse job and you should promote and hire accordingly. Cut out the fluff, be direct, recognize the people who deserve it. Be present and genuinely responsive or put people in positions that will be.

Toast Inc2019-07-24
  3. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and career growth options

Cons

I don't have anything to share at the moment

Toast Inc2019-07-15

"Free Cheetos and beer"

Current Employee - Remote Implementation Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Cheetos and beer, not much else

Cons

Work life balance is a joke. Unlimited PTO as long as you still hit your goals for the week on vacation. Boston lives on high. Management poorly developed and mostly uses intimidation to motivate

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you're making our lives better and just admit you're essentially mining your people for profits.

Toast Inc2019-08-09

"So-So job"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks and drinks comfortable seating open office environment convenient location caring and genuine management and team office events and games

Cons

The product that we were all working to sell, support and work with is sub-par at best. Several outages, red flag software issues and a messy escalation process made Toast hard to like. Billing and deposit errors occur more often than I've ever seen and the front line customer service agents are not given any reasoning for any of the issues that customers need assistance with. The ever-changing and data-driven... android platform confused a lot of the team and majority of the client base. A lot of staff in Boston and remotely (Account managers, Sales Representatives and others) rely WAY too heavily on the support team to resolve small issues that are barely technical in nature to the point where it seems like they have never had experience with the product. Many tenured people also are quite rude to new-hires that make minor mistakes. There's quite a large disconnect between the Boston and Omaha offices and since the personal piece of working face-to-face is not there, the contacts are typically short and snippy. Toast was in the process of changing pay processes when I departed but at one point, the pay between agents doing the same job with the same tenure could be from 1-3$ per hour difference. They also have been hiring like CRAZY in technical support and will likely continue due to the complications and issues that the Toast application causes restaurateurs on a daily basis as well as the lack of product training for other teams.

Advice to Management

Work harder to integrate the remote and Omaha employees. Improve processes for resolving matters

Toast Inc2019-07-13

"This too shall pass..."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

Awesome product, really does make an impact to the bottom line of restaurateurs.

Cons

Making deals happen is complex as there are many moving pieces to include cross departmental challenges.

Toast Inc2019-07-10

"The People are Amazing!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people make this company the best place I have worked at. Everyone picks each other up and supports one another. - The culture is fun and relaxed. - The managers are great at keeping things light and giving advice to improve. - They promote well from within.

Cons

The only thing I would say is just that this specific job involves cold calling which can get tedious and can give you some stress. But, like I mentioned before, everyone works together to keep spirits up and light. It's a very supportive atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from inside the company. It's great incentive for current employees.

Toast Inc2019-06-03

"Great company, high stress sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture that makes you feel like you are part of something important and special! If you have a passion for hospitality and technology this is the perfect job to consult restaurants. The product is high quality solutions for restaurant operators so you can stand behind it. The company puts a lot of effort into training and continued education on product and internal processes to assist in your... success.

Cons

Stress! High pressure quota driven sales makes you feel like you are just a number and you are only as good as your last month. Extreme micromanagement happening in some cases. Expected to work round the clock so difficulty in work/life management aspect.

Advice to Management

Consistent, clear approach to teams for District managers. I know so many reps across the country and everyone is being managed differently with work requirements. The quota remains the same but some are being loosely managed on other metrics and some have insane micromanagers. Creates a bit of resentment across the org from a rep level on the inconsistency across teams management.

Toast Inc2019-05-20

"I Finally Like My Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never been at a job that truly cares about it's values and has such amazing upper management. The execs truly care about their employees and it is clear they want all employees to have a work/life balance. That being said, be prepared to work hard/play hard! If you like to keep busy and be challenged this is definitely the place for you. I have never felt such support. It's true Toast is 100% Sunday Scary... Free!

Cons

Can't think of any. Just challenges consistent with a rapidly growing company but we are all in it together.

Advice to Management

So advice. Just thank you. After over a decade of job hopping and feeling like I'll never figure out where I belong... I have found Toast!

Toast Inc2019-05-24

"Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

this company has been a blessing to work for. I think I can speak for myself and all of my colleagues on the sales floor when I say I actually like coming to work. When I applied, I was promised fast career progression, support, perks, and an overall great quality of life. That is exactly what I have been given. The managers here actually want to help and look out for the interest of their team. The culture cannot... be beat. Everyone is here to play as a team, and if you have an ego, you probably dont work here. This is a work hard, play hard environment, so come to work hungry to learn and achieve!

Cons

Growing so fast i cant keep up!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your team as a whole, treat all as equals, dont just say "do better" actually tell us how to do better, give examples of better talk tracks or actively show and tell us how to be better everyday.

Toast Inc2019-05-15