Toast Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2020

4.0
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato
  1. "Phenomenal company and culture!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career growth, challenged every day, high reward, flexibility, leadership

Cons

not applicable at this time

Toast Inc2019-02-22
  2. "Amazing place to work and grow"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, benefits, management team, growth opportunities, product

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow it is just as important to scale the services and support team as we scale sales.

Toast Inc2019-02-17

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

- unlimited PTO - free snacks are nice - all around great atmosphere

Cons

can't really think of any

Toast Inc2019-02-16

"The rocketship that just keeps on flying"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm thrilled to be a part of the Toast family. Since starting here, I've seen the company evolve from bands of engineers to highly disciplined, cross-functional teams. The opportunity that we have to become the leader in the restaurant POS industry is the kind that you're lucky to see even once in your career. It remains a privilege to work alongside the incredibly talented team here. Things haven't always been perfect. The last time I reviewed Toast, I had to include a few cons: that work/life balance could sometimes be stretched, that there was no 401k matching, and that compensation relative to the industry was a little on the low side. Management here listens, and the proof of that is that a little over a year later, all of those concerns have been addressed. Compensation, including equity, feels right for Boston. The 401K match was overdue, but is finally here. The hiring of additional engineering leadership has helped make individual teams function more efficiently and plan their workloads better. We do stupid things a lot less often. For those of us who have been around longer, we are even now also offered a "Toast sabbatical", a one-month long paid vacation provided in additional to your normal annual PTO.

Cons

This is not the kind of workplace you can expect to perform the bare minimum in. Is that even a con?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The time spent addressing employees concerns has not gone unnoticed.

Toast Inc2019-02-15
  5. "Amazing Culture, Career Development, Comp., and Innovation"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative and rocket ship metrics. Competitive Compensation plans. A obsessed focus on customer and employee success. Matched 401k, full benefits, unlimited PTO, wellness stipend and much more employee benefits.

Cons

I have not been able to find any other than the predictable early stage road bumps a couple of years ago.

Toast Inc2019-02-14

"Amazing growth Story"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent company culture promotes self-motivation, high engagement, high energy levels, and productivity. It beautifully blends work ethic, fun, and freedom. I look forward to going to work every day. It offers huge potential for career growth and even invests heavily in self-development

Cons

Hard to find but some employees seem to be getting a free ride

Advice to Management

Free riders should be taken off the bus to ensure high morale amongst the rest

Toast Inc2019-02-08

"One of the best companies I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive culture, diversity, the investment in their people, flexibility and the product is amazing! We are continuing to grow and Toast is big on promoting from within! Recognition is given to our teams and the leadership is one of a kind.

Cons

Growing pains and lots of hours! However, this is to be expected of a company that is constantly looking to progress! Toast is moving in the right direction and it takes grit, dedication and commitment to continue our path to success. When you love what you do, you don't really notice the number of hours worked. You do what it takes to get stuff done and it's appreciated! I've worked for many companies that don't recognize or appreciate their people. Toast has a really positive culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote a positive culture, diversity, equality and the no-ego mindset.

Toast Inc2019-02-07
  8. "Tons of career growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Toast is a fast-paced, amazing place to work. We have an intense culture of winning but high performers do well here and have a ton of room to grow. I have had an incredible experience at Toast, have been promoted twice, and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Cons

We are growing incredibly fast. It's hard to keep track of new departments and who does what.

Toast Inc2019-01-23

"Toast is the place to be if you want to truly love coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing start-up culture. Eclectic group of people that all have something to bring to the table. Work life balance is very much encouraged with unlimited PTO and wellness benefits - Toast really cares about the well being of its employees. The (Omaha) office is beautiful AND environmentally friendly (we compost!), which makes it really easy to be there for 8 hours a day.

Cons

With Toast’s incredible growth, there are a lot of growing pains/systems changing rapidly. Definitely not the type of workplace for someone who is adverse to change and can’t go with the flow.

Toast Inc2019-01-21
  10. "Took a leap to change companies and I made the right Choice!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

room to dictate what your day looks like, great space that keeps you motivated and excited to come to work.

Cons

A newer company so get ready to hit the ground running!

Toast Inc2019-01-18