Toast Inc Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2019

4.8
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato

"Great place to grow career"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

-very clear expectations surrounding what you need to do to get promoted -training, felt like I had all the tools and training I needed for a successful ramp -transparency around performance and weekly conversations with manager

Cons

Not really a con, but as long as you are flexible and are able to adjust to change, you're golden. Toast is going through constant change as they develop new offerings for customers and scale as a company.

Toast Inc2019-11-25
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

Great environment full of good people, stocked pub with plenty of surrounding food options.

Cons

Mishandled construction plans as well as unorganized in certain aspects due to hyper-growth

Toast Inc2019-12-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Good But Growing Pains"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, they care for your success

Cons

Changing up commission plans and sales structure constantly. You need to be social and suck up to the right people to get ahead here.

Advice to Management

It makes people uneasy when they sign a contract for one commission plan and be told they are rolling out a new plan the next week.

Toast Inc2019-09-12
  5. "Awesome Environment and Rewarding"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love coming to work every day. Unlimited PTO is real as long as your putting in work to deserve it. Fast track to growth and great office environment

Cons

Unclear metrics, the hiring spree seems disorganized and not correlated well to ensure every team is well equipped.

Advice to Management

N/A

Toast Inc2019-08-28

"The best company to begin your sales career!"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started my sales career at Toast 6 months after graduating from college and I couldn't have picked a better company. I am most grateful for the effort Toast makes in helping entry-level employees grow their careers - helping us develop key, lasting, and transferable sales qualities. As a Sales Associate (SA), you are given all the tools and resources to succeed. Your direct manager, Sales Enablement and senior... players are all here to refine your skills. I cannot speak highly enough of the opportunities for career progression at Toast. If you perform, show you are a hard worker, and have the fire in your belly to advance, there will always be opportunities for promotions. This past week, after being 120% over quota for 6 months, 40 of us were rewarded with a 4-day, all expenses paid vacation to Iceland. Talk about motivation to perform! This trip was planned to a tee and all 40 of us had the time of our lives exploring a country and city that most of us had never been too. Thank you Toast.

Cons

Due to Toast growing so rapidly, the first 2 months I was here the commission plan was very unclear. At the moment it was frustrating, but senior management continued to be transparent as they worked out final details, and 7 months later nobody on the sales floor would have a bad thing to say about our commission structure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! Be transparent as the program grows, which you have been doing, and continue to offer office hours. I love that if I needed to I could put time on someone's calendar like Adam Mavrikos (VP of Sales), which I have done before.

Toast Inc2019-07-30
  7. "Great Company Great People Just Great"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work culture, friendly people, value employees

Cons

no pros at all it is a great company

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

Toast Inc2019-07-27

"Amazing culture"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

this company has been a blessing to work for. I think I can speak for myself and all of my colleagues on the sales floor when I say I actually like coming to work. When I applied, I was promised fast career progression, support, perks, and an overall great quality of life. That is exactly what I have been given. The managers here actually want to help and look out for the interest of their team. The culture cannot... be beat. Everyone is here to play as a team, and if you have an ego, you probably dont work here. This is a work hard, play hard environment, so come to work hungry to learn and achieve!

Cons

Growing so fast i cant keep up!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your team as a whole, treat all as equals, dont just say "do better" actually tell us how to do better, give examples of better talk tracks or actively show and tell us how to be better everyday.

Toast Inc2019-05-15

"Sales Associate"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

work life balance, growth, oppertunity

Cons

pay is livable but not competitive

Toast Inc2019-03-06
  10. "Unbelievable Transition From College To Full Time"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a motivating, empowering, helpful team to work with- you just found it. After graduating from college 6 months ago , I was nervous & excited to get started working full time. Toast has proven to be the best transition I could have asked for. The culture of this company is like no other, the growth opportunities are endless and I truly can't envision myself anywhere else at this point! I'm... excited to continue at Toast and look forward to continuing my career with some great people.

Cons

I genuinely do not have anything to add in this category.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Toast Inc2018-11-01