Toast Inc "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Nov 25, 2019

4.0
Toast Inc CEO Chris Comparato
Chris Comparato
Pros
  • "I'm thrilled to be a part of the Toast family(in 46 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO is real as long as your putting in work to deserve it(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "I haven't personally experienced anything that could be considered a 'con' in my time at Toast(in 33 reviews)

• "The standard growing pains of a growing company(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Great opportunity for Growth!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

- As the company keeps growing, there are more and more resources being provided for employees to develop new skills and learn from others - Career trajectory is unlimited here! There is so much opportunity for growth and development at Toast - There are so many amazing people to learn from here. Everyone (even across teams and departments) is willing to drop everything and help you develop new skills and be... successful.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult with any company, but I think Toast has done a really great job updating processes to make this a seamless transition. For example, the new onboarding program is amazing. It gives new employees all the information they need to be set up for success, and is a great way to fully immerse yourself in Toast's culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what's next for Toast.

Toast Inc2019-11-25
  2. "Toast Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started my sales career here at Toast about a month after I graduated and I couldn't have asked for a better company to start my sales career. Sales Associates (SAs) are given all of the tools and resources that are needed to be successful in this role. I'm incredibly grateful for the culture and collaborative sales environment that Toast fosters. I can't speak highly enough of the resources offered to SAs... that help to advance their careers. As someone who struggled as an SA early on, I can confidently say that if you are willing to work hard, are receptive to coaching, and have the desire to be successful, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

As with any company that is growing as rapidly as possible, there are always going to be growing pains. While there are definitely things that I think could be improved about the company, senior leadership has done a good job of being very transparent about all of the changes that are happening within the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing! Being transparent and approachable are two traits that every sales manager/executive in the organization possesses. As we continue to scale and grow, these are two things that are very important!

Toast Inc2019-09-20
  3. "Great place to develop and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

We are company focused on people development. Our people are our most important asset and are creating a culture of learning and development to support this growth and engagement. If you are looking for your first job or wanting to make a career change Toast is the best place to do this. We work hard, and we play hard. Our company culture is unique from any other place I have worked . We are a big family, one... with no ego, focused on team work and collaboration. We say it and we do it!

Cons

Like any company with explosive growth we have growing pains. We recognize what these are and are working very hard to improve them daily. For some, ambiguity may be difficult, but at if you like challenge and change Toast is the place for you!

Toast Inc2019-03-11

"Not your typical call center job"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits & perks: unlimited pto & sick time, health/dental/vision insurance, paid garage parking, game room with a Nintendo switch, free snacks & beer. Paid training in a classroom setting. Unlimited knowledge resources, both from online database & peers. Room for growth.

Cons

The standard growing pains of a growing company. Not meant for those that cant handle change.

Toast Inc2019-02-23

"One of the best companies I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive culture, diversity, the investment in their people, flexibility and the product is amazing! We are continuing to grow and Toast is big on promoting from within! Recognition is given to our teams and the leadership is one of a kind.

Cons

Growing pains and lots of hours! However, this is to be expected of a company that is constantly looking to progress! Toast is moving in the right direction and it takes grit, dedication and commitment to continue our path to success. When you love what you do, you don't really notice the number of hours worked. You do what it takes to get stuff done and it's appreciated! I've worked for many companies that don't... recognize or appreciate their people. Toast has a really positive culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote a positive culture, diversity, equality and the no-ego mindset.

Toast Inc2019-02-07

"Toast is the place to be if you want to truly love coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing start-up culture. Eclectic group of people that all have something to bring to the table. Work life balance is very much encouraged with unlimited PTO and wellness benefits - Toast really cares about the well being of its employees. The (Omaha) office is beautiful AND environmentally friendly (we compost!), which makes it really easy to be there for 8 hours a day.

Cons

With Toast’s incredible growth, there are a lot of growing pains/systems changing rapidly. Definitely not the type of workplace for someone who is adverse to change and can’t go with the flow.

Toast Inc2019-01-21

"Amazing Growth Story...."

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

Being part of one of the fastest growing tech companies creates an amazing amount of opportunity, both in terms of professional development and career trajectory. We have an industry changing product, a passionate customer base, and extremely talented employee base. It will be a fun ride for all Toast employees over the next few years!

Cons

There are some growing pains, but management is aware is acting quickly to address. Being open and receptive to feedback shows me that Toast is set up for long term growth.

Toast Inc2018-11-19

"High growth"

I have been working at Toast Inc for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is great, everyone is young and eager.

Cons

High growth comes with a lot of growing pains. Feels like management can’t make up their minds on where to improve the business. Everyone works all the time, feels like you can never get away or take time to de-stress.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics

Toast Inc2018-12-04

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

Awesome POS system that is top notch! Easy to sell a product that is so easy to operate.

Cons

A few growing pains with developing new team members but they are taking the right approach.

Toast Inc2018-11-02

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay & Benefits Unlimited PTO Culture & People

Cons

Lots of growing pains Very busy and stressful at times

Toast Inc2018-09-22