Tocquigny Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2018

Found 54 reviews

3.5
Yvonne Tocquigny
Pros
  • "Also, just about every Friday is "Free Beer Friday(in 5 reviews)

• "I feel like Tocquigny is a great place to launch your career, especially for young college grads(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is a small company so the agency can run lean at times(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Good People Doing Good Work"

Former Employee - User Experience Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership works hard and has integrity People are talented and friendly Collaboration is good Environment is very nice Location is excellent Diverse set of projects

Cons

A few team members would add stress to situations that didn't need it Hours estimated to complete project verse hours actually required

Advice to Management

Stick with and reward the great team members Discourage or reconcile any high drama behavior quickly

Tocquigny2017-02-03
  2. "Senior Director"

Former Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is in Austin.

Cons

Revolving door of senior management. Don't worry about doing good work for clients. Just please the CFO...who has never worked at an Agency. No desire to keep clients...rather, bring in new ones as fast as the existing one leave.

Tocquigny2016-06-08

June 21, 2016President

Hi - interesting to get a review a year after the company has ceased to exist. We were acquired by Archer Malmo in mid-2015 and things have changed/improved dramatically.

3. "People are disposable"

I worked at Tocquigny full-time

Pros

When the best thing you can say is "nice office", you know there's a problem. But that really is the only advantage to working here.

Cons

Poor management that treats people as interchangeable and highly disposable. Not enough (or any) leadership. The company has a well-earned reputation that should make anyone thinking about accepting an offer...think twice.

Tocquigny2016-03-08

March 9, 2016President

Dear anonymous contributor. I'm curious when you worked here, we haven't any departures in the past 8 months. I wonder why you've chosen to make this posting now? Things have gotten even better as part of Archer Malmo, with it's "talent first" philosophy and dedication to long term ...

4. "Good Times, Bad Times"

Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative, forward thinking agency, great tech and analytics, can do some great work. if you perform you will be ok.

Cons

Too much drama, lots of churn, needs better on boarding process. very little tolerance for mistakes.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to upper management and allow them to make decisions and stick with them

Tocquigny2016-01-12

January 15, 2016President

Thank you for your comments. Since becoming part of Archer Malmo in mid-2015 we've held onto the positives you point out and turned around the challenges. Our agency in fact was recently recognized as one of the Top 50 Agencies to Work For by Advertising Age.

5. "Small agency working uphill"

I worked at Tocquigny full-time

Pros

The small creative team collaboratives and helps each other across projects, which is rare to see in larger agencies. Often, the creatives communicate directly with clients in meetings and presentations. This allows junior talent to gain valuable knowledge and skills, in addition to a greater respect for the work done by strategy and account teams.

Cons

As a small agency in Austin, competition exists at every turn. Tocquigny's processes weren't nearly fast enough to compete with larger firms in the region. The client roster can leave the creative team uninspired. With a revolving door of Creative Directors, there was a repetitive march to motivate the creatives to apply their talents to staid business-to-business projects.

Advice to Management

Find better projects for your creative and digital teams. Implement better project management practices. Hire Content Strategists & UX designers for interactive projects.

Tocquigny2015-12-22

December 28, 2015President

Thanks for your feedback. Having recently merged into Archer Malmo we're winning larger and more interesting engagements, hiring additional staff in Austin, and leveraging Archer Malmo's deep Memphis talent base for digital strategy and UX.

6. "Decent gig if you're looking to cut your teeth in the ad industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tocquigny for more than a year

Pros

team, office culture, certain functional areas

Cons

management, pay, work/life balance, CEO

Tocquigny2015-10-20

December 28, 2015President

Thanks for the comment. Now being part of Archer Malmo we've redoubled our dedication to a Talent First philosophy with focus on doing great work within a balanced lifestyle. Ad agencies, by their very nature, have ebbs and flows of work so of course there are times we work extra ...

"Great coworkers, great culture, love coming into work everyday."

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, great culture, love coming into work everyday. At Tocquigny, we're a family. We support each other to deliver desired results for our fabulous clients.

Cons

Being a smaller agency, turn over is more transparent than larger businesses. The process for bringing in additional resources is often slow, leaving other team members to carry more weight.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor your employees as you do so well.

Tocquigny2015-05-03

"Austin Advertising Over the Decades"

I have been working at Tocquigny

Pros

*Tocquigny longevity, they have been in business since the early 80’s *Tocquigny team members are some of the most capable I have ever known, bring your a-game and be prepared to collaborate *Full service shop(wide range of clients and projects) *FBF@3:30 (aka free-beer-friday) *Nice office, spacious with an amazing view *Yvonne Yvonne sat me down after my first month and told me she wanted 4 things from the company,...

Cons

Cons are a product of the advertising industry in general. Agency work is demanding, time sensitive, exciting, and requires your best. If you are in advertising, you know the culture and accept the challenges.

Advice to Management

If I must, I always give the same advice that has made the biggest impact in my life, the list of 7. It leads to quality people, which in turn make great, lasting teams. The cornerstone of a great company. Be true to yourself Help others Make friendship a fine art Drink deeply from good books Build a shelter against a rainy day Give thanks and ask for guidance Make each day your masterpiece

Tocquigny2015-03-10
  9. "Great work; not for everyone."

Former Employee - Account Service in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed being surrounded by bright, creative people who were able to work together to produce some amazing work. The variety of work offered an array of work experience. No two projects/clients were ever the same, offering unique opportunities for growth.

Cons

There was a fear mentality. Everyone was afraid to get too much attention for fear of being targeted as you'd ultimately disappoint and fall out of favor. From this and 100% turnover, it was difficult to get work done. Absolutely no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Provide an on-boarding process to set expectations, teach processes and clearly define goals as well as ensure quality hires are made to get more out of employees rather than a culture of fear.

Tocquigny2015-03-01

March 22, 2015President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Together with our department heads we have in the past year created a formal on-boarding process that includes scheduled orientation sessions spanning the first two weeks, and a defined set of 30/60/90 day goals that the manager ...

"You learn two things at Tocquigny"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny full-time for less than a year

Pros

At most companies, you learn two things regardless of your position level: your professional skills and interpersonal skills. Tocquigny is a place where you will find highly professional and intelligent co-workers. By working with them and the management, you learn both. The company has a very open culture. The management team shares both good and bad news with every member immediately as though we are a family. And...

Cons

Sometimes multiple projects come together. You have to work overtime in order to keep up quality since the manager won't sacrifice the work quality. But that's the heritage of a great agency.

Advice to Management

The CEO and the president really care about their employees' well-being and spotlight each individual's contribution whenever possible. Please keep doing that because this means a lot and makes people feel motivated. Also try encouraging every employee to present good practices or ideas or anything worth sharing during all-hands meetings.

Tocquigny2015-01-15