Tocquigny Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yvonne Tocquigny

Pros
  • When the best thing you can say is "nice office", you know there's a problem (in 2 reviews)

• I like to compare the agency to the city of Austin itself (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • who has never worked at an Agency (in 2 reviews)

• Too much drama, lots of churn, needs better on boarding process (in 3 reviews)

"Great coworkers, great culture, love coming into work everyday."

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, great culture, love coming into work everyday. At Tocquigny, we're a family. We support each other to deliver desired results for our fabulous clients.

Cons

Being a smaller agency, turn over is more transparent than larger businesses. The process for bringing in additional resources is often slow, leaving other team members to carry more weight.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor your employees as you do so well.

2. "Senior Director"

Former Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is in Austin.

Cons

Revolving door of senior management. Don't worry about doing good work for clients. Just please the CFO...who has never worked at an Agency. No desire to keep clients...rather, bring in new ones as fast as the existing one leave.

Jun 21, 2016 – President

Hi - interesting to get a review a year after the company has ceased to exist. We were acquired by Archer Malmo in mid-2015 and things have changed/improved dramatically.

3. "Good Times, Bad Times"

Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovative, forward thinking agency, great tech and analytics, can do some great work. if you perform you will be ok.

Cons

Too much drama, lots of churn, needs better on boarding process. very little tolerance for mistakes.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to upper management and allow them to make decisions and stick with them

Jan 15, 2016 – President

Thank you for your comments. Since becoming part of Archer Malmo in mid-2015 we've held onto the positives you point out and turned around the challenges. Our agency in fact was recently recognized ... More

5. "Decent gig if you're looking to cut your teeth in the ad industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tocquigny (More than a year)

Pros

team, office culture, certain functional areas

Cons

management, pay, work/life balance, CEO

Dec 28, 2015 – President

Thanks for the comment. Now being part of Archer Malmo we've redoubled our dedication to a Talent First philosophy with focus on doing great work within a balanced lifestyle. Ad agencies, by their ... More

6. "Great work; not for everyone."

Former Employee - Account Service in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Service in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed being surrounded by bright, creative people who were able to work together to produce some amazing work. The variety of work offered an array of work experience. No two projects/clients were ever the same, offering unique opportunities for growth.

Cons

There was a fear mentality. Everyone was afraid to get too much attention for fear of being targeted as you'd ultimately disappoint and fall out of favor. From this and 100% turnover, it was difficult to get work done. Absolutely no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Provide an on-boarding process to set expectations, teach processes and clearly define goals as well as ensure quality hires are made to get more out of employees rather than a culture of fear.

Mar 22, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Together with our department heads we have in the past year created a formal on-boarding process that includes scheduled orientation sessions ... More

"You learn two things at Tocquigny"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At most companies, you learn two things regardless of your position level: your professional skills and interpersonal skills. Tocquigny is a place where you will find highly professional and intelligent co-workers. By working with them and the management, you learn both.
    The company has a very open culture. The management team shares both good and bad news with every member immediately as though we are a family. And they care about their employees genuinely with personalized events and benefits. A really good bonus is that you get to attend paid seminars and trainings to grow your competency constantly.
    One more pro, Tocquigny is willing to experiment with new initiatives and fun ideas. And the management team listens to those ideas from all levels of employees, which makes every employee a Tocquigny history creator.

Cons

Sometimes multiple projects come together. You have to work overtime in order to keep up quality since the manager won't sacrifice the work quality. But that's the heritage of a great agency.

Advice to Management

The CEO and the president really care about their employees' well-being and spotlight each individual's contribution whenever possible. Please keep doing that because this means a lot and makes people feel motivated. Also try encouraging every employee to present good practices or ideas or anything worth sharing during all-hands meetings.

"Great company to gain some real-world agency experience"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I joined Tocquigny, I was at a critical point in my career where I was transitioning from a generalist to a specialist. I jointed the interactive marketing department and quickly enjoyed the camaraderie, processes, and workflow of the team. I was able to improve the quality of my work by applying highly organized processes and planning into my workflow. I also enjoyed that the company made it a point to recognize individual's contributions to big client projects.

Cons

The only thing I would say that is that sometimes client ask for too much and the agency is willing to comply in order to keep clients happy, however in my last six months I could see that the agency was making large strides to keeping all projects within scope and ensuring that employees weren't responsible for items that weren't already agreed upon with the client.

Advice to Management

Continue to honor individual employee's contributions and keep the flexible work atmosphere to keep a strong life/work balance.

"Opportunities for personal and professional growth"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tocquigny was a fast pace, roll-up-your sleeves and make something great environment. It was structured in a way to reward effort and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit. I felt empowered to leave an impact...and did. Yvonne is an Incredibly sharp leader who demands excellence...and gets it.

Cons

It's pretty hard for me to negatively describe my experience at Tocquigny. But, because it's a requirement, I would say the avenues for upward mobility weren't entirely clear.

Advice to Management

I am very excited to see what comes from Tocquigny in the future!

10. "Good company to work for but won't have anything to show for it"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time

Pros

A good size with a good sense of family amongst employees.
    Ability to rise quickly if you take the initiative.

Cons

Types of clients and work aren't creatively challenging. Stuck getting boring clients up to speed on digital and social media.
    Small company means not as much opportunity to rise up and gain more challenging experience.

Mar 22, 2015 – President

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. I really enjoy the family atmosphere and we do, indeed, empower and recognize employees that take an entrepreneurial approach. It's true that we help many ... More

11. "Good people, too much turnover"

Former Employee - Creative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Creative in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the day I started, I was directly involved in the creative process. Management seemed to really respect me and my work, and I enjoyed working with the team. Great young people and team players.

Cons

Too much turnover. I wish management would find a way to keep valuable people. A bit too much granular involvement from upper management.

Advice to Management

Trust your people to do their best work. Identify your high-performers and give them a path for success.

Apr 5, 2014 – President

Hi thank you for this feedback. It is SO important for us to have great people and I agree that turnover has been higher than it should be. In the fall of 2013 Yvonne and the senior management team ... More