Toggl Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2020

4.6
Toggl CEO Krister Haav (no image)
Krister Haav

"Insane opportunity! Fast growth, great team."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Toggl full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Product is in absurdly high demand - Team is super adaptable, smart, and collaborative - Sales is a new department with loads of opportunity to grow and improve - Hundreds of thousands of active users to sell to - Perfect work life balance. Can work on the couch at home if you want to! - Leadership and other departments are receptive to feedback

Cons

- Organization restructuring causing some short-term lack of role clarity and headache - Lack of finely-tuned processes, though that's changing

January 24, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. It's great to see that you are enjoying the team and the challenges/opportunities of the work. We hope to figure out the new organization structure in the coming months, so that we can pick up speed with business development even more.

"Amazing place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Toggl full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really good life/work balance - People are really interested on getting feedback on how the company can improve

Cons

The project management is confusing but they're always trying to improve this area

July 15, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! The project management process is constantly developing as the company is growing and we do our best to make it as simple as possible. Feedback from the team has been helpful in making progress with this.

"An Amazing Remote Work Company"

I have been working at Toggl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engaged, vibrant remote work community, treats employees as grownups, competitive pay and raise packages, vacation policy second to none

Cons

None, really; the only thing that comes to mind may be a better explanation of the benefits and use of benefits.

February 5, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for this feedback. Treating people as adults and putting trust in our team members is an essential part of making the remote model work for us. We will make sure not to lose that part of our culture. Regarding your advice about explaining our company culture and ways of working to candidates, we have already started some initiatives and will definitely pay close attention to this in the future.

4. "Amazing culture, great product, autonomy and learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Toggl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our team is very friendly and supportive, I keep learning a lot of new things and I especially appreciate the professionalism of our Sales team. Toggl isn't a fresh startup but there is a way to go! And I can clearly see how our current initiatives lead to a future growth and success.

Cons

We could have been more agile and faster in our product development but I really expect some improvements by the end of the year.

Continue reading
  5. "Solid product, great people, exciting opportunities"

4.0

I have been working at Toggl full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Self-funded and profitable - Good product and awesome product-led growth - A great number of highly skilled and motivated people - Countless opportunities to learn, improve, take ownership and make a positive impact

Cons

- The company has grown a lot in recent years, and there have been a lot of growing pains which could have been addressed earlier - The current leadership culture is not as strong as it could be However, I will say that there is a strong drive and some very dedicated people working on improving these and many other things (and there have been a lot of positive changes!). I could see myself rating Toggl 5/5 in a year if this trend continues.

"Would recommend to work here any time! ;)"

Current Employee - Product Designer

I have been working at Toggl full-time for less than a year

Pros

- motivated, solution-oriented, positive and make-things-happen team spirit across the company, - great collaboration between teams, - users are always part of the conversations and decisions are driven from making users experience better - the design team is currently in the process of growing and brings a lot of opportunities with it, - the remote-first set-up allows flexible working time and location & even though the set-up is remote it feels like one close team working together towards a unified goal - great framework for developing yourself - supports taking part in conferences/workshops 2x a year and support on other learning materials

Cons

For people not used to working remotely, might be hard to get used to at first.

7. "Excellent"

Frontend Developer

I have been working at Toggl

Pros

Company culture, salary, care about the product

Cons

There are no cons in working here

March 10, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for the positive review!

8. "Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Christchurch, Canterbury

I have been working at Toggl full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is fantastic! They care about the product and making sure the customer is happy. Feedback is taken on board and steps are made to fix problems when they arise.

Cons

If you aren't used to remote work you may have a hard time adjusting to the lack of in-person, human interaction, but that is true of all remote jobs.

January 24, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for this positive feedback! We promise to keep on thinking of new ways to have more human interactions even though we may not see each other in real life on a daily basis.

"Great potential, unfortunately not resolved"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Tallinn

I worked at Toggl full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Highly qualified engineers, overall team spirit is motivating and there's a nice supportive framework for educating yourself (~2 conferences/trainings per year + books allowance!). Company is really supportive - even for personal life. Overall culture is improving and absolutely terrific!

Cons

There's no long term product vision, people look at the board for it. No real career path to follow (maximum you can do is team lead; no separation on engineering levels). Communication could be a lot better.

September 23, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! We do put a lot of effort into having a friendly and supportive team spirit and are proud that this is how we work. Our team engagement surveys show that we have managed to keep a strong company culture throughout Toggl's fast growth over the past years and while more that doubling our headcount. At the same time, you are right that we indeed need to put additional effort into making communication more efficient as we are taking on even more changes to the company and product. We are currently working on adjusting the company structure and ways of working to accommodate the 100+ team we have now. This is a really exciting time for us.

"An amazing team of people to work with!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in Islamabad, Islamabad

I have been working at Toggl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work for Toggl from anywhere in the world. The team is very transparent and supportive. The work is exciting. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. I can't imagine a better work environment, and am very happy!

Cons

None that I can think of. If you're not used to remote work, it may seem isolating to you but that's a general con of remote work and not specific to Toggl itself.

September 23, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for your positive feedback about the team. It makes us happy if you're happy :)

Found 17 reviews