KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Toggl Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2021

Found 20 of over 22 reviews

4.8
Toggl CEO Krister Haav (no image)
Krister Haav
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Insane opportunity! Fast growth, great team.

Dec 17, 2019 - Account Executive in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Product is in absurdly high demand - Team is super adaptable, smart, and collaborative - Sales is a new department with loads of opportunity to grow and improve - Hundreds of thousands of active users to sell to - Perfect work life balance. Can work on the couch at home if you want to! - Leadership and other departments are receptive to feedback

Cons

- Organization restructuring causing some short-term lack of role clarity and headache - Lack of finely-tuned processes, though that's changing

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. It's great to see that you are enjoying the team and the challenges/opportunities of the work. We hope to figure out the new organization structure in the coming months, so that we can pick up speed with business development even more.

2. 5.0

An Amazing Remote Work Company

Jan 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engaged, vibrant remote work community, treats employees as grownups, competitive pay and raise packages, vacation policy second to none

Cons

None, really; the only thing that comes to mind may be a better explanation of the benefits and use of benefits.

6 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for this feedback. Treating people as adults and putting trust in our team members is an essential part of making the remote model work for us. We will make sure not to lose that part of our culture. Regarding your advice about explaining our company culture and ways of working to candidates, we have already started some initiatives and will definitely pay close attention to this in the future.

3. 4.0

Amazing place to work

Jun 17, 2019 - Frontend Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Really good life/work balance - People are really interested on getting feedback on how the company can improve

Cons

The project management is confusing but they're always trying to improve this area

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! The project management process is constantly developing as the company is growing and we do our best to make it as simple as possible. Feedback from the team has been helpful in making progress with this.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, I really like it

Jul 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Montes Claros, Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful environment, support from leadership to create the best software, remote work culture well established. Here we are able to balance life and career.

Cons

I can't think about any, currently.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Really good remote work culture

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been remote-first for over 5 years and has built good processes around working from home. Despite everyone working from home, the company culture is really positive due to frequent meetups. Employee benefits are also stellar.

Cons

Toggl recently underwent a major restructuring which introduced uncertainty. It feels like the company is still "finding itself".

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture, great product, autonomy and learning opportunities

Jul 17, 2020 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our team is very friendly and supportive, I keep learning a lot of new things and I especially appreciate the professionalism of our Sales team. Toggl isn't a fresh startup but there is a way to go! And I can clearly see how our current initiatives lead to a future growth and success.

Cons

We could have been more agile and faster in our product development but I really expect some improvements by the end of the year.

2 people found this review helpful

Team Building Manager

Thank you for taking the time for this revew. :)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best all-time employer

Sep 10, 2020 - Account Executive in Quezon City, National Capital Region, National Capital Region
    Business Outlook

Pros

A working environment that mixes the best of radical candor and compassion. Internal discussion are always about WHAT needs to be resolved, rather than WHO.

Cons

People who are not used to the remote work environment will need some time to adjust to asynchronous communication, working with different time zones, etc.

Team Building Manager

Thanks for the positive review! You are absolutely right, CEO is changed in our profile and will be available for the public after reviewed by the Glassdoor team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Would recommend to work here any time! ;)

Mar 31, 2020 - Product Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- motivated, solution-oriented, positive and make-things-happen team spirit across the company, - great collaboration between teams, - users are always part of the conversations and decisions are driven from making users experience better - the design team is currently in the process of growing and brings a lot of opportunities with it, - the remote-first set-up allows flexible working time and location & even though the set-up is remote it feels like one close team working together towards a unified goal - great framework for developing yourself - supports taking part in conferences/workshops 2x a year and support on other learning materials

Cons

For people not used to working remotely, might be hard to get used to at first.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid product, great people, exciting opportunities

Jul 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Self-funded and profitable - Good product and awesome product-led growth - A great number of highly skilled and motivated people - Countless opportunities to learn, improve, take ownership and make a positive impact

Cons

- The company has grown a lot in recent years, and there have been a lot of growing pains which could have been addressed earlier - The current leadership culture is not as strong as it could be However, I will say that there is a strong drive and some very dedicated people working on improving these and many other things (and there have been a lot of positive changes!). I could see myself rating Toggl 5/5 in a year if this trend continues.

3 people found this review helpful

Team Building Manager

Thank you for the positive review! We also agree that culture can always improve, and People Ops is definitely taking this as our number 1 priority :)

10. 5.0

Best job I've ever had!

Dec 19, 2019 - Customer Support in Christchurch, Canterbury
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team is fantastic! They care about the product and making sure the customer is happy. Feedback is taken on board and steps are made to fix problems when they arise.

Cons

If you aren't used to remote work you may have a hard time adjusting to the lack of in-person, human interaction, but that is true of all remote jobs.

HR Manager

Thank you for this positive feedback! We promise to keep on thinking of new ways to have more human interactions even though we may not see each other in real life on a daily basis.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews