KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good For Starting Experience for your career

Jun 5, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly people and willing to help each other within your team - Free learning material, worth for learning - You will facing with challenging problem to solve, usually we are dealing with high volume of traffic that some of other company won't face

Cons

- Paranoid Culture, somehow we feel that we overly anticipate how the traffic will come during event, which leads to - Multiple performance testing that we need to present over midnight every month, and litle effort done to made it full automated / more convenient to every engineer who's in charge - The competition for the performance appraisal is really bad, since every team need to give their 15% of the resources to be put on Performance Improvement Plan. Every lead need to sacrifice these person to be a "scapegoat". It is very demoralizing to the team member, and some of the middle manager feels uncomfortable when carrying the news during performance appraisal

11 people found this review helpful

People Experience

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we fine tune and continuously improve our policy, and performance appraisal. We will also continue to evaluate existing issues and strive to provide the best facilities and experience for all employees.

2. 5.0

Very nice

Sep 6, 2021 - Sales Operation Associate in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leaders, endless development opportunity

Cons

immature appraisal system, too much adhoc

People Experience

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working at Tokopedia with your team members and our valuable work perks.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

158 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company for fresh grads

Aug 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good teamworks - Good for fresh grad to learn about work environment - Good work life balance - in my case, only one times working outside officer hours and it's an emergency

Cons

- Base salary is a bit low if compare to other tech companies - Need a lot of exposure if you really interested in promotion

People Experience

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are delighted to hear that you value the efforts we have put toward creating an environment where everyone at Tokopedia can thrive.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best technology company in Indonesia

Aug 29, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus is straight forward, almost no dependency to company health

Cons

Hard to get ESOP or equity

6. 4.0

Regional Growth Expansion Tokopedia

Aug 26, 2021 - City Seller Performance of Tokopedia in Malang, East Java, East Java
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tokopedia is good company with the good mission & vision. We help so many people to grow their business especially local maker. Feels like we are contributing for this country's economy.

Cons

In my division, there is something wrong in Human Resource & People Management's policy. After the employee promoted to next grade, there is 'no' negotiation about the adjustment salary or other benefit.

People Experience

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review. It is great to hear your positive experiences. We will also continue to evaluate existing issues and strive to provide the best facilities and experience for all employees.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Onboarding Experience

Aug 26, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

They're really provide us every resources. From knowing the company values, business units, culture, etc.

Cons

It will be more fun on boarding from office:(

People Experience

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We really appreciate it. We are delighted to hear that you value the efforts we have put toward creating an environment where everyone at Tokopedia can thrive.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Nice

Aug 28, 2021 - Business Operations Specialist in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good ambience at the office

Cons

high target and pressure but a lot of thing can be learnd

People Experience

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at Tokopedia. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we will continue to improve both the work environment and experience for all employees.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good for Starting

Aug 24, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free bread and drinks Promotion not quite strict depending on the team and leaders. As long as you had initiative and people acknowledge your work most likely you will be promoted

Cons

Too much overtime (often midnight) work without additional pay except 1 day leave. Bad appraisal system because at least 1 person MUST be on "below expextation" verdict

People Experience

Thanks for your review. We would love to hear more about your experience, so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience next time. We will also continue to evaluate existing issues and strive to provide the best facilities and experience for all employees.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Aug 19, 2021 - Product Manager in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefit and culture, personal growth maintained, good insurance good perks good team work

Cons

Sometimes has too much things in that one plate. Can cause burn out but with good management will handle it

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Testimoni

Aug 26, 2021 - Associate Product Manager in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn from great people

Cons

Performance appraisal need to be more transparant

Viewing 11 - 20 of 326 Reviews