Toledo Clinic Cancer Center Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
  1. "Medical Scheduler"

Former Employee - Medical Scheduler in Oregon, OH

I worked at Toledo Clinic Cancer Center full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I love working with the cancer patients and their families and seeing them get better as the months went by.

Cons

Getting a new program, and finding out it didn't work with all the offices we had.

Advice to Management

Check out who else has used this program, and see how they like it.

Toledo Clinic Cancer Center2017-07-13
  2. "Some Pros, some cons"

I have been working at Toledo Clinic Cancer Center full-time

Pros

Good insurance. Adhere fairly closely to office hours. Most staff are friendly and work well together. Working with cancer patients can be very rewarding. The NPs are fantastic to work with and the physicians need to give them their due and realize the benefit they provide.

Cons

Most of the physicians are driven by money. They put unnecessary stress on themselves and their staff due to this attitude. The expectation is to get more done while maintaining the same amount of staff. Change is not welcomed easily. Clinical manager does not hold staff accountable IMO.

Advice to Management

Everything is not about money. We all understand you cannot operate without it and we don't have jobs if we don't make money, but also realize that sometimes you do need to spend a little to benefit everyone in the long run. By demanding more out of the staff but not being willing add staff when necessary you put undue stress on everyone leading to higher turnover and worse patient care.

Toledo Clinic Cancer Center2018-11-16
  3. "Will cause unneeded stress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at Toledo Clinic Cancer Center for more than 6 years

Pros

Doctors care about patients, some fellow employees were nice, facilities were nice, doctors would thank employees for their hard work often by buying lunch for offices.

Cons

Unorganized, constantly short staffed, over-worked employees, most of the time an individual will not be doing what they were hired to be doing, stressful, often under-staffed in the chemotherapy areas causing the space to become unsafe due to lack of nurses tending to patients.

Advice to Management

Hire new people to replace past employees instead of pulling current employees from their own jobs, causing them to become more behind on own work -- unnecessary stress, if someone is in need of help at their job, don't ignore. hire employees and have them do what they were hired to be doing,

Toledo Clinic Cancer Center2015-06-24
  4. "Internship"

Former Employee - Student in Toledo, OH

I worked at Toledo Clinic Cancer Center

Pros

The patients are great, they were the highlight of my experience working at the Toledo clinic oncology department. Most of the physicians are polite but usually only to their patients.

Cons

I didn't get a chance to practice as much of my skills daily. I was there on an internship but I did mostly administrative work and barely any clinical work. I appreciate the opportunity but I would not recommend this place for an internship.

Advice to Management

Please consider remembering that great patient care includes being honest with patients and staff. I believe that honesty is always the best policy.

Toledo Clinic Cancer Center2015-04-03