Tolmar "401k match" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tolmar Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Oct 11, 2019

Found 89 reviews

3.3
Tolmar CEO  (no image)
Cons

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews

"Not the Worst, but Definitely Not the Best"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Tolmar have some of the best attitudes and personal and professional goals. The community within the department I was part of was tight knit and collaborative. The benefits are solid. They take care of their personnel in that sense. Vacation, sick leave, and medical are above average, but the 401K match is fabulous! The company's overall goals are excellent, despite flawed strategy.

Cons

Essentially, they're in the midst of huge growing pains: The timelines for certain projects are more aggressive than practical. Some toxic management decisions due to the aggressive timelines. Inter-departmental headbutting can be difficult to overcome. Salaries within QC are inadequate by a long shot. Work-life balance is impossible for salaried employees to maintain. Overtime is not compensated for salaried... employees. They're the only company of this sort in town, so they have no competition to work against and improve their employer/employee relations.

Advice to Management

Fight for your employees to be able to rebuild work-life balance. Stop taking advantage of Colorado salary laws and forcing employees into unpaid overtime.

Tolmar2018-04-29

"HR is as bad as they say"

I worked at Tolmar full-time

Pros

They have a good 401K match after the first year. The company is growing. It is located in beautiful northern Colorado

Cons

As a professional, I was offered a job if I would take a pay cut. When I said no, they said they would pay me as a lateral move since this was a lateral job and HR got really upset when I said no. They finally came up a with a really great offer, but I knew that HR would punish me if I took the job

Advice to Management

HR is supposed to balance the needs of the company with the needs of the employees, who are a resource. HR should not be looking to screw employees to help the company. This is unwise long term

Tolmar2017-05-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - QC Analyst

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and 401k matching. Fellow employees are great, friendly and talented individuals and they make coming to work enjoyable.The opportunity for growth I have received here has been great and I have not found that it is in anyway correlated with "who you know" as others have put it. I have seen plenty of people receive well deserved promotions based on their work ethics, experience and attitude. The... individuals that I have worked with in HR have been wonderful and have always been thorough in making sure that all my questions were answered. Also, from what I have seen they do a good job balancing out internal promotions and bringing in fresh outside talent to offer alternative perspectives.

Cons

Depending on your shift parking isn't always the greatest. However, there are always spaces available.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and remember there will always be complainers!

Tolmar2017-04-10

"Tolmar is only a job."

in Windsor, CO

I worked at Tolmar

Pros

There are a few good people left but the smart ones are leaving quickly. The 401k match is above average. The week off for Christmas is nice if management doesn't require you to work it. For salaried employees there is no extra pay, no bonus and no comp days.

Cons

All of the cons posted in prior reviews are true i.e... Unrealistic expectations from upper management, employees are treated as if they are disposable, very little promotional opportunities, low pay for pharma, the list goes on and on. Bonus is only paid out to director level and above and all upper management cares about is the payout of their bonus. Corners are cut and falsifying of validation and other... documentation occurs to meet unrealistic timelines. Most long term employees are poor performers with bad habits. Instead of addressing these long term poor performers management piles on more work and responsibilities onto the employees who try to make a difference and actually take pride in their work. The engineering group including management is worthless. They will throw anyone under the bus to protect their image and in turn their bonus. If you are unemployed then Tolmar can be a job but that is all it is and will ever be.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees! Reward the top performers and get rid of the dead weight.

Tolmar2016-08-12

"Overall good company"

Current Employee - Process Operator in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time

Pros

The benefits are amazing, the insurance is a little expensive due to it being a smaller company but you get at least 14 paid holidays off per year in addition to the three weeks of vacation per year you start accumulating as soon as you start. The 401K matching is great! Management is not as bad as some of the post make it seem. When you work with pharmaceuticals you cannot just change a process overnight, it has... to go through a validation process which takes time. Also, the easy way isn't always the best way. The company prefers to promote from within and if you are over qualified for your current position supervisors and HR will help you move up when the opportunity arises.

Cons

The pay is a little low but the benefits are a part of compensation. The company is growing faster than it was prepared for so there are growing pains that sometimes include a lack of organization. There are production inconsistencies between manufacturing shifts that doesn't appear to have been addressed as of yet.

Advice to Management

Hold all three manufacturing shifts to the same standards or production and ask questions why if one shift can get better numbers under the same conditions the other are under performing.

Tolmar2016-01-31

"Good but underpaid."

Current Employee - Research Associate I in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits, excellent 401k match.

Cons

Below average Salary. HR will give you a low offer.

Tolmar2015-04-18