Tolmar Packaging Tech I Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2016

Found 3 reviews

2.1
Tolmar CEO  (no image)

"Great Benefits, Terrible HR"

Former Employee - Packaging Tech I in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Tolmar full-time

Pros

The benefits are fantastic! The employees in general manufacturing are great to work with.

Cons

HR is a nightmare. I had an injury and they treated me like a criminal for following my doctor's orders.

Advice to Management

Get new HR staff that actually care about people

Tolmar2016-11-27

"A cozy prison feel"

Former Employee - Packaging Tech I in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very easy job to learn, a hand full of decent people to work with on all three shifts. Company is good about reimbersing you for work related expenses. Good benefits, but they have been getting stingier every year.

Cons

All upper management and HR staff are condescending and heartless. Supervisors play on favoritism. Supervisors will smell like alcohol, but you will be under the scope for turning them in. They say they promote within - false. They ask you to share your goals in moving up, but then will avoid offering your desired position to you. They have no sympathy or understanding for your personal lives. No tolerance for even... a minute tardiness while being located in the middle of busy Fort Collins, in the middle of constant construction. All of the "fun" contests and give aways just turn into a whining session between shifts, and HR ends up rewarding the biggest whiners. You can't find one satisfied employee out of everyone with seniority, they all bad talk the company. Constantly out of supplies, management can't find records so that you can start a process, all machines are ancient and are constantly malfunctioning. The company refuses to replace anything, instead they blame everything on operator error. Expect a lot of right ups and scoldings. When numbers decline, instead of giving examples of how to improve you will literally get yelled at by management. They treat the entire staff of manufacturing like a bunch of kids getting grounded. To boost moral they offer a pizza party.... Ooooo yay. They make 9 million dollars over what was expected in a year and instead of handing out bonuses, they throw all of it in a bank account ... and tell you it will be just in case anything happens to the company.

Advice to Management

Replace your old broken machines with all of that money you have. Don't look for any microscopic reason to fire hard workers just because you're bored. Appreciate your little guys more, everyone is unhappy and hate working there. Don't lie to people to trick them into a position that they will be stuck in and forced to work overtime.

Tolmar2016-06-09

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Packaging Tech I in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stable once hired on full time and it pays the bills.

Cons

As some other have said it is still a disorganized mess. If you anger the wrong people you will be out the door as quick as you stepped in. They say there is no "Seniority" throughout the shifts which is total crap.

Advice to Management

Bring in some Supervisors for the shifts that aren't bullies and don't pick favorites.

Tolmar2013-07-14