Tolmar Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 87 reviews

3.4
Tolmar CEO  (no image)
  1. Featured Review

"Excellent company with a great deal of potential."

Current Employee - Facilities in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, flexible hours, and multiple shift options.

Cons

If you have not worked in pharma there is a learning curve, however there is an excellent learning and development department to assist you.

Advice to Management

Keep working with and training your department. The management structure truly cares for their people and the company as a whole.

Tolmar2019-06-19

"Great Company, People and Benefits!"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tolmar offers a friendly working environment with a good mix of motivated and dedicated co-workers. The benefits offered are some of the best I've experienced and work-life balance is of importance. The various departments provides opportunity for growth/development and education and leadership supports this aspect.

Cons

While there are always aspects to every job and company you may work for, I have not discovered any key cons to list for Tolmar. Please note, however, depending on the department you work in (Manufacturing), there are different shift hours available so be aware of what you are applying for so you are happy with the time of day/night you work.

Tolmar2019-07-01
  3. "Worst job ever!"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

OK pay and decent benefits.

Cons

Severe micro management. Professionals treated like in turns. So many things wrong with management, too many to list here. Just stay away from this place if you value your career.

Advice to Management

Stop fear based management and micro management, and let the professionals do their job.

Tolmar2019-09-11
  4. "Use to be Great"

I worked at Tolmar full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, good people. It’s a good learning opportunity. I use to love this place and got many people hired on but with the changes, l wouldnt recommend to anyone.

Cons

I use to have good things to say about this place. It use to be great. The. The changes came and the smart one left, many seeming forced. If you’re smart you’ll stay away from manufacturing. Being the backbone of the company you’d think that’d treat you better. No. Be ready for even the written instructions to be wrong manufacturing has to be 100% right the first time but that rule doesn’t apply to the rest of the... company. You will show them something is written wrong or telling you to do something wrong and they won’t fix it. They just tell you to make sure you do it right no matter what it says. Trust me you will not be paid enough to deal with that. If you’re not in manufacturing you will get paid more to do less. The worst part of the company is the HR department. They apparently run the company. Once they don’t like you you will have a target on your back for the rest of your career there. They are bullies. They have the majority say in your review to, even if they’ve never seen you work, you can possibly score out of 5. Most people their first year won’t get past a 3.5. They will do anything to give you a low score, which determines your raise and they don’t want to do that. They have complete say in who gets paid what and who gets interviewed for positions in the company. It’s suppose to be fair but it never is. You carpool to work they won’t think you’re reliable anymore because you don’t show up in you own car. Doesn’t matter if you’ve never been late. You could be the hardest worker but the moment you make a small mistake HR will think you are unreliable. This place had potential but everyone working there now knows it’s going down hill. Only work at this company if you want the experience.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees underneath you and notice how miserable they are. Help do something about it. Push back against HR and show them they don’t run that place. No one sticks up for the little guys and this company is going down because of that. My advice, fire everyone in the HR department and hire a fresh new crew that’s not trying to screw everyone over or else bye bye tolmar...

Tolmar2019-08-20

"Exciting Future!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tolmar has wonderful benefits and truly values a work-life balance. They are invested in Northern Colorado and truly give back to their community. There are many exciting projects currently happening, and the future for Tolmar looks very bright!

Cons

Tolmar has been in a rapid growth phase for the last few years, and some processes/procedures have not been updated or modernized. The company as a whole is aware of the updates that need to happen and I believe they are working to set up the organization in a way to be able to make this happen. Working at Tolmar would give you the opportunity to help lay the ground work for how they will succeed in the future.

Tolmar2019-06-26

"Great Benefits and new leadership is progressive"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The new leadership brought in this year has made a huge difference. They spend time on the floor and ask us what we think.

Cons

I have not seen anything lately that i didn't like.

Advice to Management

Keep the changes coming! Big difference in how employees are treated.

Tolmar2019-06-18

"A great company that cares about people"

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tolmar serves a purpose greater than just manufacturing...we help make people's lives better with the products we produce. The company cares about it's people. The benefits are fantastic! Leadership cares and is constantly working to make themselves better. The environment is challenging and fast-paced.

Cons

The cons are few and far between. You need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment

Advice to Management

Keep working to drive continuous improvement. Keep caring about the people and patients we serve.

"Continuous Improvement"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, supportive management, industry standard compensation, lots of PTO, continuous learning opportunities

Cons

lot's of change, interdepartmental communication challenges, highly regulated

Advice to Management

Continue to drive those new Core Values and lead by example!

"On the right path!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, outstanding benefits, fast-paced environment. New leadership is making all the right changes.

Cons

Lots of change occurring and change takes time. There are still a lot of kinks to work out, but there's a lot going in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to your employees! Weed out the negative ones.

Tolmar2019-06-19
  10. "Decent"

Current Employee - Operator

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to get tons of experience to take elsewhere.

Cons

Base pay for the grunts is impossible to live on in colorado

Advice to Management

Increase base pay or stay understaffed.

Tolmar2019-05-25