Tolmar Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Tolmar CEO  (no image)

"Let’s Keep Rolling!"

I have been working at Tolmar for more than 10 years

Pros

This company is making good on their promises. There has been a significant amount of investment in positive change this year from multiple angles, and we are starting to see and feel the effects. Leadership is asking for our input and opinions, and LISTENING.

Cons

These changes in culture that we are all striving for can’t happen overnight, and some employees may not choose to help see it through. There will be bumps in the road as we continue to grow, but it’s nothing we haven’t overcome before. We all need look for the progress and get behind it.

Advice to Management

We appreciate the Pulse Survey, CEO lunches, Town Hall Meetings and other avenues being used to gather and respond to employee feedback. Keep doing what you’re doing! There are many of us (maybe the silent majority?) who realize how good we have it and are committed to this company and the dedicated employees we work with.

Tolmar2019-10-16
  2. "Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro this company has are its benefits.

Cons

Unprofessional, unfair wages, favoritism. Every department here is unprofessional. They are rude, they disrupt you while you’re talking, and don’t acknowledge what you are saying. When there are problems, rather than solving them, they brush it under the mat with hopes of it disappearing. Problems are hidden from the FDA and from the auditors—which is very concerning for a pharmaceutical company. HR hires people... who are unqualified for their position which leads to another team member picking up their slack to avoid working overtime. Favoritism is a major problem at this company; if you are liked by your coworkers/upper management, you could get away with anything but if you are disliked, then you will have the worst time of your life here. Overall company culture is horrible and team morale is low.

Tolmar2019-10-13
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "VPs are leaving like rats from a ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and hard workers in manufacturing and research/development

Cons

The upper tier of executives are not by any way savy about either the generic market of the pharmaceutical industry. There is no portfolio. In the last year with a new CEO, at least 4 VPs have left. Poor ladder for middle level management who do the real work.

Advice to Management

Get some executives that are not out of business school or looking out for their own future career somewhere else after the company runs out of money.

Tolmar2019-10-11
  5. "Unfair practices"

Former Employee - Tech II in Windsor, CO

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401 K, Sick time

Cons

Unorganized, Favoritism, Pay,Training, Communication

Advice to Management

Tolmar had a recent change in CEO,VP,and a couple other managers but they should have keep going down the line. The supervisors will actually put coworker against coworker because they don't have the guts to put a stop to coworkers that spend more time trying to get out of work than to do their own job there for the employees that do work have to take up the slack. It is also a company that you do cleaning on the... ceilings,walls and floors every day.Feels more like janitorial than anything.Training is days of sitting there reading things you won't even understand then test and more test. On top of all this if you don't play along with all the other crap your supervisor wants you to do,they make it impossible for you appreciate having a job. There is a over abundance of rules and regulations plus paperwork to fill out daily along with training on computers you have to complete on a weekly basis. Last but not least if you ever have coworkers that don't like you and they are in good with the supervisor your job will be in jeopardy. Don't believe the open door policy either because all you say will be known by everyone.

Tolmar2019-10-10
  6. "Worst job ever!"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

OK pay and decent benefits.

Cons

Severe micro management. Professionals treated like in turns. So many things wrong with management, too many to list here. Just stay away from this place if you value your career.

Advice to Management

Stop fear based management and micro management, and let the professionals do their job.

Tolmar2019-09-11
  7. "Use to be Great"

I worked at Tolmar full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, good people. It’s a good learning opportunity. I use to love this place and got many people hired on but with the changes, l wouldnt recommend to anyone.

Cons

I use to have good things to say about this place. It use to be great. The. The changes came and the smart one left, many seeming forced. If you’re smart you’ll stay away from manufacturing. Being the backbone of the company you’d think that’d treat you better. No. Be ready for even the written instructions to be wrong manufacturing has to be 100% right the first time but that rule doesn’t apply to the rest of the... company. You will show them something is written wrong or telling you to do something wrong and they won’t fix it. They just tell you to make sure you do it right no matter what it says. Trust me you will not be paid enough to deal with that. If you’re not in manufacturing you will get paid more to do less. The worst part of the company is the HR department. They apparently run the company. Once they don’t like you you will have a target on your back for the rest of your career there. They are bullies. They have the majority say in your review to, even if they’ve never seen you work, you can possibly score out of 5. Most people their first year won’t get past a 3.5. They will do anything to give you a low score, which determines your raise and they don’t want to do that. They have complete say in who gets paid what and who gets interviewed for positions in the company. It’s suppose to be fair but it never is. You carpool to work they won’t think you’re reliable anymore because you don’t show up in you own car. Doesn’t matter if you’ve never been late. You could be the hardest worker but the moment you make a small mistake HR will think you are unreliable. This place had potential but everyone working there now knows it’s going down hill. Only work at this company if you want the experience.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees underneath you and notice how miserable they are. Help do something about it. Push back against HR and show them they don’t run that place. No one sticks up for the little guys and this company is going down because of that. My advice, fire everyone in the HR department and hire a fresh new crew that’s not trying to screw everyone over or else bye bye tolmar...

Tolmar2019-08-20

"Great Company, People and Benefits!"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tolmar offers a friendly working environment with a good mix of motivated and dedicated co-workers. The benefits offered are some of the best I've experienced and work-life balance is of importance. The various departments provides opportunity for growth/development and education and leadership supports this aspect.

Cons

While there are always aspects to every job and company you may work for, I have not discovered any key cons to list for Tolmar. Please note, however, depending on the department you work in (Manufacturing), there are different shift hours available so be aware of what you are applying for so you are happy with the time of day/night you work.

Tolmar2019-07-01

"Exciting Future!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tolmar has wonderful benefits and truly values a work-life balance. They are invested in Northern Colorado and truly give back to their community. There are many exciting projects currently happening, and the future for Tolmar looks very bright!

Cons

Tolmar has been in a rapid growth phase for the last few years, and some processes/procedures have not been updated or modernized. The company as a whole is aware of the updates that need to happen and I believe they are working to set up the organization in a way to be able to make this happen. Working at Tolmar would give you the opportunity to help lay the ground work for how they will succeed in the future.

Tolmar2019-06-26

"On the right path!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, outstanding benefits, fast-paced environment. New leadership is making all the right changes.

Cons

Lots of change occurring and change takes time. There are still a lot of kinks to work out, but there's a lot going in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to your employees! Weed out the negative ones.

Tolmar2019-06-19
  11. Featured Review

"Excellent company with a great deal of potential."

Current Employee - Facilities in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, flexible hours, and multiple shift options.

Cons

If you have not worked in pharma there is a learning curve, however there is an excellent learning and development department to assist you.

Advice to Management

Keep working with and training your department. The management structure truly cares for their people and the company as a whole.

Tolmar2019-06-19