Tolmar Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Tolmar CEO  (no image)

"False reviews"

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

I swear that they must be paying people to post positive reviews because a bunch of positive reviews go up whenever there are too many negative ones. Turn over is a major problem. We are losing employees faster than we can replace them. HR is full of people with no HR background before Tolmar. They focus on perks like picnics but aren't fixing real problems like hostile and incompetent supervisors, managers,... and directoes. Anyone hired into management who tries to change things for the better gets fired. Employee morale is bad. Employees are unhappy and afraid to speak up. There is retribution for those who do and nothing changes so there is no reason to say anything.

Advice to Management

You need to get rid of a lot of the upper management. That might be you too.

Tolmar2017-09-27

"What a great place to work!"

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Excellent Benefits and pay -Family approach to the work environment -Team oriented management style -Local community supportive -Honesty and integrity amongst all employees is shared value and part of the corporate culture -Growing by leaps and bounds

Cons

Pressure to meet goals and objectives can be intense at times, if you cant handle pressure or multi-task this may not be the right place for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! 100+ employees to 600+ in less than 10 years - you must be doing something right!!!

Tolmar2017-09-05

"Hostile Work Environment"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are competitive with the industry.

Cons

Management is hostile towards their employees. Employees are promoted based on favoritism with little regard for work ethic. Employees are told not to work long hours, but the amount of work expected from them requires it (unless they're a management lap dog). Other employees are cruel to each other in order to get ahead. Management has no experience outside of Tolmar, and therefore have no idea what they are doing... in regards to following the Code of Federal Regulations. The director of quality is unqualified, unsympathetic, and makes rash decisions that have to be compensated for down the road.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Tolmar2017-09-01

"TOLMAR - Overall Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits, more paid holidays than most companies, longevity of the management team, many opportunities for advancement with proven track record.

Cons

Keeping up with current technology as the company's growth has sky rocketed.

Tolmar2017-07-28

"Packaging Tech I"

Packaging Technician in Windsor, CO

I have been working at Tolmar

Pros

Insurance and hours. Company events and several holidays off paid. Seems to be growing a lot and have potential to be a positive place to be.

Cons

Can be hostile environment, manufacturing is not very friendly or positive place to work. To much negativity from senior employees.

Advice to Management

Moral needs to be increased.

Tolmar2017-07-26

"Arrogant and Abusive Management!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can't think of any positives.

Cons

Tolmar's senior management has: 1. Created a caustic culture that is characterized by the use of only one motivational tool - fear. 2. Made really bad (bordering on incompetent) investment decisions that led to employees losing their jobs and whole business units being liquidated. All this without consequence for the senior leaders making the poor decisions.

Advice to Management

Advice to owners - clean out upper management or hold existing upper management accountable for their bad decisions (and then clean them out).

Tolmar2017-06-16

"HR is as bad as they say"

I worked at Tolmar full-time

Pros

They have a good 401K match after the first year. The company is growing. It is located in beautiful northern Colorado

Cons

As a professional, I was offered a job if I would take a pay cut. When I said no, they said they would pay me as a lateral move since this was a lateral job and HR got really upset when I said no. They finally came up a with a really great offer, but I knew that HR would punish me if I took the job

Advice to Management

HR is supposed to balance the needs of the company with the needs of the employees, who are a resource. HR should not be looking to screw employees to help the company. This is unwise long term

Tolmar2017-05-22

"Current Employee, 10+ years"

Current Employee - Chemist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Tolmar is a progressive, positive working environment that has many opportunities to grow and expand on your career pathways. The benefits package alone rivals other companies in Fort Collins as well as in Northern Colorado. I enjoy going to work, I feel good about the product we are producing, and can support my family with my paycheck and insurance benefits.

Cons

Tolmar has progressed in the last 10 years to become a competitive pharmaceutical business. A con would be since we have see explosive growth, our buildings are already becoming too tight for the current staff to fit in!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work at ensuring I have a company that I can retire from and be able to stay in Fort Collins (area) for the rest of my career!

Tolmar2017-05-01

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Microbiologist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Tolmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, good people to work with

Cons

Some growing pains with new facilities and schedules

Tolmar2017-04-20

"Don't know why I ever stayed with this company"

I worked at Tolmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are solid. They have some great employees who work here, although everyone is unhappy. Company holiday party is a good time.

Cons

Management is pathetic, HR does whatever they want with no consequences. They enforce mandatory overtime with no additional pay because they can't get anyone hired.

Advice to Management

Show some loyalty to your employees. I have worked in many fields and have never seen management sabotage their employees as much as it happens here. Management is meant to be there for employees to come to with issues, concerns or ideas... Not here! Everyone is scared to get thrown under the bus by management or be put on their "naughty" list. And trust me, once you are on that list you might as well just quit... because they will hold everything and anything over your head. Except for a select few who somehow seem to get away with everything. For these people, they will sweep anything under the rug to keep them around. For example, a "lab tech" (glorified dishwasher) whom has been there for 7+ years cannot ever seem to do ANYTHING right but management "takes care of" all of his mistakes and acts as if he is the greatest employee! Quite comical if you ask me.

Tolmar2017-05-22