KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
Tom James Company President and CEO Todd Browne
Todd Browne

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tom James Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Oct 10, 2021 - Sales Professional in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Growth mindset New base pay plan

Cons

Declining salary, can have long days

Be the first to find this review helpful

Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking time to write a thoughtful review! We are happy to see that you are pleased with your career at Tom James. It's important to us that each person at Tom James Company has the opportunity to build a long term career for themselves. Feedback from current and past employs allows us to continue to grow and develop our opportunity for everyone. We realize it takes time, a lot of hard work, and determination to build your own business. Tom James is dedicated to providing training, coaching, technology platforms, 1-1 meetings, lucrative monthly bonuses and a positive culture in order to empower our Sales Professionals to be successful. Our number one goal is building people. Thank you again for your comments. We wish you the utmost success in your career - we want to see all Tom James employees reach their goals and more!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

My first job out of College. 25+ years now!

Sep 18, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family environment. People who help you and want I see you grow. Recently Tom James has offered a new pay plan to help our new partners with a guarantee base. Which should help new partners get off to a faster start. Very encouraged for the outlook for the future!

Cons

Have to be mentally disciplined to work the habits daily

Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you are pleased with your career at Tom James. We are also excited for the future of the company for you, and for all of our many employees around the world. It's important to us that each person at Tom James Company has the opportunity to build a long term career for themselves. Feedback from current and past employs allows us to continue to grow and develop our opportunity for everyone. We are grateful for all of your hard work and dedication, and all you continue to do to help Tom James grow as a company. Thank you!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cult

Sep 28, 2021 - Sales Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

good networking opportunity fun culture

Cons

feed you lies so you don’t quit no salary no pto

Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review and the positive rating of our CEO. As a company that really strives to build and develop people, we're sorry to hear you did not have a 5-star experience. If there are any situations that you would like to discuss privately in more detail, we are always open to talking—just email careerdivision@tomjames.com. We want you to know that Tom James values your review and takes all comments into consideration. We have recently implemented a new pay plan structure, in part in response to concerns like yours. Tom James provides fully comprehensive medical coverage, a robust benefits program, and our employees are W2'd employees. We offer a traditional 401(k) matching program, employee ownership, and also a profit sharing program where we share our profits back to the employees at the end of each year. Without being argumentative, we do like to take the opportunity when relevant to point out to any potential readers feedback that is factually incorrect. While we appreciate feedback of any variety, it's also important to be factual: - On the pyramid scheme allegation, we do need to point out that both claims are categorically false. No leader receives pay from their team members' commissions. Period. That is just not true. Leaders DO earn leadership pay commensurate with the overall sales volume of their team, but in no way, shape or form does this pay come out of their team members' earnings. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Cult

Oct 4, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teaches you how to survive despite lack of support and training. If you can he successful here you can be successful anywhere.

Cons

They lie to you constantly, fake sales numbers to make things look better than they are, and shove the stock down your throat. You are 100% commission and they haven’t raised or changed the commission structure in 25+ years.

Executive Assistant

As a company that really strives to build and develop people, we're sorry to hear you had a negative experience. If there are any situations that you would like to discuss privately in more detail, we are always open to talking—just email careerdivision@tomjames.com. If there are any scenarios where we haven't upheld our principles and values, we would want to know and address immediately. Tom James is dedicated to providing training, coaching, technology platforms, 1-1 meetings, lucrative monthly bonuses and a positive culture in order to empower our Sales Professionals to be successful. Our number one goal is building people. We have recently implemented a new pay plan structure, in part in response to concerns like yours. Tom James provides fully comprehensive medical coverage, a robust benefits program, and our employees are W2'd employees. We offer a traditional 401(k) matching program, employee ownership, and also a profit sharing program where we share our profits back to the employees at the end of each year. Thank you for leaving your comments. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Aug 25, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stock, profit sharing, great benefits, healthy culture

Cons

100% commission after 2 years

Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that you that you are pleased with your career at Tom James and are taking advantage of some of our many opportunities. It's important to us that each person at Tom James Company has the opportunity to build a long term career for themselves. Feedback from current and past employs allows us to continue to grow and develop our opportunity for everyone. We appreciate your time and all you do to help Tom James grow as a company. Thank you!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great career

Aug 23, 2021 - Sales Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fun product and getting to work with clients who are some of the most successful people in the world. Income and incentive opportunities

Cons

Hard work especially in the beginning.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst Company I've EVER Worked For

Sep 15, 2021 - Professional Clothier in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have absolutely nothing good to say about this place.

Cons

Tom James is the worst place in the world to work. They will try to make it seem like it is an amazing place by hyping up trips and incentives, but it is all just to bring you in. They FORCE you to buy suits that are way too expensive, are terrible quality, and don't even fit. Every person at this office completely blows. Not only that, but EVERY SINGLE GOOD "RATING" IN GLASSDOOR WAS WRITTEN BY EMPLOYEES WHO WERE FORCED TO WRITE THEM TO BRING UP THE COMPANY RATING. How pathetic. Yeah, I know a few people who make good money, but by completely lying and deceiving people into buying this horrid clothing. If you were looking for a sign not to work here... THIS IS IT.

4 people found this review helpful

Executive Assistant

As a company that really strives to build and develop people, we're sorry to hear you did not had a 5-star experience. If there are any situations that you would like to discuss privately in more detail, we are always open to talking—just email careerdivision@tomjames.com. We want you to know that Tom James values your review and takes all comments into consideration. Without being argumentative, we do like to take the opportunity when relevant to point out to any potential readers feedback that is factually incorrect. While we appreciate feedback of any variety, it's also important to be factual: - No Tom James employee is ever forced to purchase Tom James clothing or to write a review. We do offer monthly clothing allowances as well as a discount of the regular price, and other purchasing incentives. Tom James Company has been in business since 1966. Our commitment to quality underlies all of our actions and plans. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best opportunities for you and your bloodline

Aug 9, 2021 - Sales Professional/Professional Clothier in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Limitless income. Equity in the company (stock, 401k match, profit share, dividends) Incredible people and leadership. Great coaching. Amazing incentives. Character building. Room for growth in leadership/income/net worth.

Cons

Get ready to buckle down and work for it. It’s no easy feat, but nothing incredible comes without working for it. 100% commission and your effort/smarts result in your sales and income

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wouldn't be my first pick out of college

Aug 25, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience and good training

Cons

Long hours with no vacation time with little to no compensation

Be the first to find this review helpful

Executive Assistant

As a company that really strives to build and develop people, we're sorry to hear you have not had a 5-star experience. If there are any situations that you would like to discuss privately in more detail, we are always open to talking—just email careerdivision@tomjames.com. We want you to know that Tom James values your review and takes all comments into consideration. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We realize it takes time, a lot of hard work and determination to build your own business. Tom James is dedicated to providing training, coaching, technology platforms, 1-1 meetings, lucrative monthly bonuses and a positive culture in order to empower our Sales Professionals to be successful. Our number one goal is building people. We have recently implemented a new pay plan structure, in part in response to concerns like yours. Tom James provides fully comprehensive medical coverage, a robust benefits program, and our employees are W2'd employees. We offer a traditional 401(k) matching program, employee ownership, and also a profit sharing program where we share our profits back to the employees at the end of each year. Thank you again for your comments.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Aug 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Networking Great Training Program Amazing Office Culture

Cons

Work Life Balance Cold Calling A lot

Executive Assistant

Thank you for your comments. We love hearing that you are taking full advantage of the training programs we offer. It's important to us that each person at Tom James Company has the opportunity to build a long term career for themselves. Feedback from current and past employs allows us to continue to grow and develop our opportunity for everyone. We appreciate your time and all you do to help Tom James grow as a company. Thank you!

Viewing 11 - 20 of 582 Reviews