Tompkins International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2019

4.0
Tompkins International CEO Jim Tompkins
Jim Tompkins
  1. "Excellent place to work at!!"

Current Employee - IT Operations/Support Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Management is very kind and open. - Life/Work balance is excellent. - Plenty of benefits that can be customized to your necessities.

Cons

- No complaints so far.

Tompkins International2019-07-18
  2. "Hard working company, but needs some work"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Tompkins International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office Lots of time working from home Company has plans to expand

Cons

Standard 50 hrs/week with constant additional hours Needs more organization to know who's in charge of what There is no planning for new employees; you are hired and expected to be doing all of the job on the first day. There isn’t much of a real job strategy, just get things done as they show up. If there isn’t anything to do right now then . . ?

Advice to Management

Get more organized. Also take some time to look at the employees and what they think about what going on. Even if the business is doing great, you will need employees to continue to run it.

Tompkins International2019-08-26

"Sr. Consultant, Supply Chain"

I worked at Tompkins International full-time

Pros

• Great Leadership Team • Challenging/Fun work and working environment • Ability to truly work on supply chain strategy projects ranging from network optimization, production planning, inventory optimization, etc. • Exposure to variety of different industries and interaction with Senior and C-level executives • Fantastic support from internal teams/co-workers and managers • Great company culture with good... growth, exposure, stability and professional development

Cons

Nothing that stands out! All good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Tompkins International2017-11-06

Tompkins International Response

March 13, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback and review.

4. "Open Door Policy"

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tompkins will work with you if an adjusted work schedule is necessary. In addition some employees may work from home on occasion. My direct Manager is very knowledgeable in his field and Tompkins in general. He has an open door policy. I would rate Tompkins with five stars and an A+.

Cons

No issues worth mentioning at this time.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and respect your employees for the work they perform and as a person, your positive demeanor is more valuable than you may think.

Tompkins International2017-07-21
  5. "Current Employee Review - Non Consulting"

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Understanding that you have a life/family outside of Tompkins Recognition that as long as I am doing my job at the level expected/or better then flexible about working from home on a regular basis Comfortable office environment "Open Door" with top management Constructive thoughts/Ideas/Make things better? Those are welcome. Pay is equal to/better than same position in other companies and am included in the ... company's bonus program

Cons

Two things: 1) something that does come up from time to time is the level of expectations for someone on my level being higher than for those who are higher up/paid a lot more than me; and 2) more hiring of worker bees and less VP/Director level

Advice to Management

Being as thoughtful of non-consulting as consulting ; maintain the atmosphere of "open door" and ability to welcome constructive thoughts/ideas

Tompkins International2017-07-20
  6. "Review of Tompkins International Company"

in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Tompkins International for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for challenging and varying projects

Cons

Comes with it, but the travel can be taxing

Advice to Management

Better assessment of project resource requirements. 401K matching is on a comeback, big differential with other companies.

Tompkins International2017-07-20
  7. "Pushing the Thought Leadership boundaries"

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time

Pros

I am in touch with the latest developments in supply chain management. Exciting work with great people.

Cons

A big learning curve and working hard. But really growing

Advice to Management

More Communications Meeting. Want to hear what Jim and Denny are thinking.

Tompkins International2017-07-05
  8. "Great company with growth opportunities"

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time

Pros

Great benefits Work hour flexibility (to meet family needs) Always room for growth and opportunity Great leadership

Cons

Can be demanding at times and require working over weekends

Tompkins International2017-07-05
  9. "I always look forward to solving new problems!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work is always challenging and almost every project assignment is different in some respects. I love working with information and using the analysis of that information to help our clients improve their operations. It’s extremely rewarding when you can assess a client’s existing issues and their future business requirements and work to develop alternatives for evaluation – and then make strategic and tactical... recommendations based upon that evaluation. I am grateful to be applying my engineering skills in the real world – and benefiting the clients we work for! The people I work with, day in and day out, are really interesting also – there is a vast array of experiences and skills across the professional services group here.

Cons

Travel is probably the least favorite part of my job – although a lot of work can be done in our offices, we really need to work closely with our clients, at their offices and distribution/fulfillment centers. You really can’t solve some of the issues without that on-site work. Some of my co-workers actually love it – they like the travel, hotel, airline, credit card points and all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Tompkins International2017-05-03

"Worst Job I've ever had"

I have been working at Tompkins International full-time

Pros

I can't speak about the work environment in the rest of the company; I was employed by the emerging technologies group in Orlando, Fl. Therefore my comments and opinions pertain to that group and a few other associated employees from other divisions: The pros of this company are few and far between, the pay is great, but you quickly learn that even the great pay isn't worth what you have to endure while on the job.... The benefits are so-so, copays are high and no 401k match. I did, however get to meet and work with a few great people whom have either resigned or are looking for other employment.

Cons

Where do I begin? There were so many. The emerging technologies group has an after hours support program that is mandatory for who they decide to put in the rotation. It doesn't matter if you're in the field or off on a holiday, you were expected to answer the phone. There was no comp time or compensation for this either. Most of the other issues came from the same source: Management. First and foremost, the... flexible schedule and work from home option that Tompkins is so proud of was only for a select few in the office. In my department my supervisor expected warm bodies in seats every day; no exceptions. My direct supervisor never set clear expectations on anything, and often gave conflicting instructions. Usually you only found out that you did something wrong when he was berating and belittling you about it, often in front of other employees. It was made clear to me very quickly that personal incentive and creativity were encouraged as long as they were in line with my supervisor's views. Otherwise you were expected to keep quiet and follow orders. All aspects of the projects we were assigned were micromanaged to the point that you couldn't make a decision in the field without supervisor approval, which at times took days to get. These are but a few examples of how bad things were. I could write a dissertation on the subject. All that and you had to travel extensively.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Get new management in place or you will never be able to keep talent and the division will eventually fail.

Tompkins International2017-01-12