Topgolf Reviews | Glassdoor

Topgolf CEO, Topgolf Entertainment Group and Topgolf USA Dolf Berle
Dolf Berle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours, hot working outside (in 50 reviews)

• Long shifts regardless of busyness (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Topgolf is AMAZING!"

I have been working at Topgolf full-time

Pros

I have worked here about 6 months and it is the best company I have ever worked for.
    Amazing Community Culture
    Amazing Friendships created

Cons

No downsides at this moment in time

Feb 14, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! Thank you for the wonderful review and rating! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our culture we are so passionate about at Topgolf!

2. "Can every company be this great?!"

Current Employee - Bayhost in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Bayhost in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Topgolf part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, Skills and core values I learned here apply outside of TG. Supportive team and management. They have a great system that makes everything simple for the guests and associates! I love this job and the the I work with and for!

Cons

Long hours (Sometimes 10 to 11 hours).

Advice to Management

Don't forget the core values and brand that everyone was taught. Charitable assumption, caring, one team, fun, excellence, edgy spirit, and charitable assumption.

Jan 18, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello ,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad to hear that you are experiencing the culture we are so passionate about!

3. "Shift Lead Guest Services"

Current Employee - Shift Lead Guest Services League Host in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Lead Guest Services League Host in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Topgolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best of Breed, Innovative and forward thinking Dynamic company with great leadership in amazing industry

Cons

communication of desired expectations needs improvement

Advice to Management

give decisive answers to associate inquiries

4. "Server"

I worked at Topgolf full-time

Pros

Fun evnvirment to work in

Cons

People tend to be too slow

5. "They are Family"

I have been working at Topgolf full-time

Pros

They really care about their associates. Empower you to make decisions.

Cons

If you are a negative person this is not the place for you

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your associates

Feb 13, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you are experiencing the Topgolf Family Culture we are so passionate about.

"Utilities"

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Topgolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love to work for a place who care about you.

Cons

No down side for this company great company's

7. "It's a good place to start your career and then find better opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Topgolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a company it's wonderful and strives to provide excellent service to customers and it's associates alike.
    There was plenty of room for growth from 2014-2017. Not sure about now.
    Corporate is very enthusiastic about their lingo and values, and every experience I had with them proved that they genuinely do have them.
    Topgolf promotes from within a vast majority of the time. I can count on two hands the outside hires that were given anything above entry level during my 3 years with the company.

Cons

Locally, each Topgolf can be quite horrific to work at, as favoritism runs rampant (I say this AS a favorite of management, having handled responsibility for my department and the venue.) This depends on your Director of Operations, as well as their department heads and Operation Managers.
    There aren't REALLY any breaks when it's busy, as there's always constant pressure to be "out on the floor" helping customers or your team.
    Pay outside of a corporate level is well below the industry standard, it's scaled to the region, but it's still head and shoulders below what other industries pay, I would say until you get past Department Head, expect to not be making the standard.
    Expected to entirely buy in to the culture and company, this is not always bad, but when you're expected to spend the majority of your social life tangled with Topgolf, this may cause some issues if you don't have that time to spend.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to work on the professional relationships they make. So often as a company we would talk about exercising "Charitable Assumption," but it felt more like a debt to be paid back rather than being there for someone in their time of need for some departments.
    In addition to that, while I was given some agency over others' growth and development, and people grow at different rates, less time should be spent on your "Rock Stars," I'm not saying they're not a valuable commodity, but when you cultivate a culture that doesn't try to develop a wide array of entry-level individuals, if a "Rock Star" decides Topgolf isn't for them, their create a negative situation for others, or for whatever reason are unable to step into the position they were groomed for, you're left with a gap that is either filled with someone unqualified, or left open and the work is pushed onto others. I know firsthand that the vast majority of middle management felt underappreciated and overworked when I was there.

Feb 12, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thank you for the review and thorough feedback. We are glad to hear that you experienced the enthusiastic family culture we are so passionate about at Topgolf. Regarding your advice to... More

8. "Golf Services Shift Lead"

I have been working at Topgolf full-time

Pros

The people working around you are some of the best personalities to talk and converse with.

Cons

Way too often do good associates get overlooked in the sense that management leans toward people they like way too often.

Advice to Management

Actually do what you say you're going to do. Too often I see something promised to someone, and then that thing never gets done. Also, actually communicate about work stuff to one another during a shift.

9. "Fun, not a career by far."

Former Employee - Bayhost in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Bayhost in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Topgolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was definitely a super fun work environment, and everyone was young and "friends."

Cons

Young people drama, almost everyone ended up dating one another, and the hours were SO inconsistent. I had an hour commute every day and eventually quit because I was only working 6 hours a week.

Advice to Management

When it comes to "elevated positions" give everyone an opportunity. The same 20 people at my venue were trainers, event coordinators, etc. It felt super unfair and cliquey if you weren't worthy enough.

Feb 21, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello. Thank you for the review. We are surprised to hear your experience did not reflect the #OneTeam culture we are so passionate about at Topgolf. Make no mistake, Topgolf cares for the well being... More

10. "Horrible Management"

I worked at Topgolf part-time

Pros

Nice people. Easy Interview and fun.

Cons

Was treated like I was stealing from the company. Accused of taking advantage of my employee perks. Did not get a chance to explain myself. I got called to the office to get told what I had done. Didn't give me a chance to talk. I told the manager the truth and he thought I was lying, and he talked to me like I was stupid. Told me to come back in 2 days when I "figure out" what I had done wrong. I did not return.

Advice to Management

Don't talk to your employee's like they are stupid.

Feb 19, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, for it does not reflect our culture we are so passionate about at Topgolf. Make no mistake, Topgolf cares for our... More