KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 366 of over 569 reviews

4.3
Toptal CEO, Co-Founder Taso DuVal
Taso DuVal

What people are saying about Toptal

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People are great to workwith all over the world(in 33 reviews)
  • "The leader of my team is great!(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great culture and values.(in 22 reviews)
  • "You'll be working with top clients and global brands all over the world while earning a good pay.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Good salary;(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Toptal and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Better than expected

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Toptal is growing exceptionally fast, has a strong culture and provides lots of career opportunities across the org.

Cons

Faster-paced organization than any you’ll ever work for

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fully-Remote hypergrowth company with room for advancement

May 17, 2022 - Partner Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team, work-life balance, remote culture, and plenty of cross-functional support opportunities. It's fun to be part of an organization that is disrupting the professional services market, and filling a really unique niche.

Cons

Can sometimes feel like we're building the plane as we're flying it, but if you can handle the pace, it's a great challenge.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't be tricked by the false advertising

Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% remote. You can work from anywhere without needing approval.

Cons

I highly doubt many of these 5-star reviews are real. There's no way that many employees can find absolutely no cons of working here. There's absolutely no way 70% of employees think the CEO is doing a good job. My team had a 30% turnover rate and none of us thought this is a good company, let alone one with "no cons". I know many groups who are in the same situation we were. Their top 3% of talent slogan is incredibly misleading. Top tech companies have way lower offer rates than 3% so it’s not even something to brag about to begin with but also keep in mind that most top developers don't even bother looking at Toptal because they can make way more somewhere else. Toptal keeps the acceptance rate artificially low by having recruiters reach out to people that have no real shot at getting accepted and getting them to apply. Toptal has fallen behind a lot of similar companies that do pretty much the same thing. Those companies offer better benefits, culture, and pay. Many of them also have the backing of top VC firms.

56 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic is an understatement

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly remote work. - Diverse group of coworkers from across the globe - Interesting work - Good pay

Cons

- Toxic company culture - Job description did not meet actual responsibilities.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0

worst

May 12, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are aligned company number for time they ask for your Facebook profile information and then steal it and they lie and they don't give it back not worth the time for etiquette

Cons

False leading need to be sued for hacking

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that is disruptively innovating the future of work and talent

Apr 14, 2022 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, autonomy, and the company is bought into the importance of recruiting. Very good benefits, unlimited PTO, fully remote. Great leadership in place.

Cons

No cons at this point.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growth, Growth, Growth

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We're growing in so many ways. Our team is rapidly scaling, our revenues, our offerings, our training, and our scalability.

Cons

Rapidly changing and scaling. You have to move fast to keep up.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Joke of a job

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My only pro is that I was able to work remotely.

Cons

You have to use your own laptop, the company does not provide one. So, if you're like me and have always used company-provided laptops, you have to go and purchase one. Total lack of work-life balance. There is not enough space for me to write out every con I experienced while working here. Oh, also, because it's a "global company", you do not get holidays off. You have to use your PTO to 'request' a holiday off, and if there aren't enough employees to work, you have to work the holiday. Absolute nonsense.

16 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best talent company in the world

Mar 26, 2022 - Senior Principal Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- fully remote, work from almost anywhere in the world - full support in almost every endeavour inside and outside work - incredibly open and welcoming culture - a giant number of the most brilliant and talented people

Cons

- a lot of work, a lot of legacy code and an application that no one single person really understands in full - very high requirements for hardware (reimbursed)

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strange place; culture of fear

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

remote work, decent comp and benefits, successful hypergrowth company--not going anywhere anytime soon, a lot of opportunity to move up or move around within the company (but this is mostly because of turnover and constant pivots)

Cons

-unethical practices -zero DE&I policy/not a forward-thinking place - very political atmosphere, with lots of backstabbing and CYA - employee happiness surveys are mandatory to fill out, but not anonymous, leaving people fearful to share accurate feedback -it's a strange place--big smiles on the outside, but many people are terribly unhappy -multiple lawsuits vs former employees -unclear salary and promotion strategy that leads to uneven and inequitable pay differences -you are considered a "veteran" if you've been with the company more than six months b/c of such high turnover -"yes" men move up, people who challenge the status quo or are really smart seem to move on...!

71 people found this review helpful