Total Education Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Total Education Solutions CEO & President Nancy J. Lavelle, Ph.D.
Nancy J. Lavelle, Ph.D.

1. Featured Review

"Total Education Solutions (TES), TES Therapy"

Pros

I enjoy working at TES for many reasons:
    1. We’re making a big difference for children and young adults with special needs. Our teachers and therapists provide individualized support to truly allow for great progress.
    2. We have a committed, supportive team. No one has to make a difficult decision alone and finding the perfect solution is always easier when working with our dedicated team members.
    3. We work hard, and play hard. I love that we attend community events and host fun activities outside of work.
    4. We share knowledge. Parents, schools, and staff receive necessary training in order to make the best impact in their role. It’s amazing to see parents in therapy sessions, learning strategies to transfer into their home.
    5. The leadership team listens to our feedback. When I have a concern or suggestion, I feel heard and valued. TES welcomes suggestions, but moreover, solutions.

Cons

Because the majority of our team works in the field at multiple locations, we may not see each other on a daily basis. With that said, we get to make wonderful connections with our clients and their staff. I’m glad we have regular trainings and meetings to allow face time with the TES team.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek and implement employees' feedback and suggestions. It's great to feel valued and appreciated by the company!

2. "Great Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in South Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in South Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Total Education Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working here because of the great atmosphere and encouraging environment. We also directly support the kids in everything we do.

Cons

Nothing really to say here.

3. "SUPERVISORS UNHELPFUL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Total Education Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

choosing own hours, opportunity to work across different settings therefore you get more experience in the field you wish to go into

Cons

i can't think of any cons except for the fact that supervisors take SO long to respond. there's not a lot of interaction between team members and supervisors (which i understand because this job requires everyone to work at different school sites) but i've come to a point where i find it ridiculous that supervisors can't respond to a simple email for DAYS. be considerate and let someone know if you need more time to research, think about it, instead of IGNORING. makes me question if this company is worth growing my career due to lack of upper management support

Advice to Management

hire supervisors who actually take on the SUPERVISORY ROLE. don't give this position to people who have the same work title as us, they clearly can't handle the extra responsibility of responding to emails

5. "Thank heavens I work here!"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Total Education Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for TES. Everyone here (including supervisors and office staff) is very friendly, professional, and extremely supportive. I am very thankful for this amazing work experience!

Cons

Honestly, there's nothing to comment here. All concerns are addressed and resolved efficiently and professionally :)

6. "Regional Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Total Education Solutions full-time

Pros

I have worked at TES for many years. This job has allowed me invaluable opportunities for both professional as well as personal growth. The resources and services we afford schools, families and children make me proud to be a part of the TES team.

Cons

We are working on improving our employee engagement and ongoing training.

7. "Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Troy, MI

I worked at Total Education Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TES is a great place to work, especially as a new grad. The supervision is incredibly supportive and you are thoroughly trained. TES recognizes hard work and makes staff feel valued. They respond to emails quickly to answer questions or concerns. You have access to many assessments and therapy materials and they provide paid summer training. I had a very positive experience with TES and recommend them to anyone.

Cons

You don't work directly with many people from TES unless they also happen to be placed at your site; however, I still felt like part of a team at TES as well as at my school.

8. "Hard Work Pays Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Total Education Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company recognizes hard work and is always looking to grow employees whether they are providers out in the field, or staff within the office.
    They also encourage and support furthering education. They are flexible and work with you in regards to schedules that accommodate your school schedule. There are a select few that have been in management for many years. I feel this is to our advantage as they have seen the changes throughout the years and based on their knowledge and experience, I trust their decisions.
    Lastly, I do not have a family of my own, but I do see children at the office here and there and really feel that this company is family friendly. They respect the work/family balance that so many other companies overlook.

Cons

I do feel that there are times when people leave and positions are filled as "band-aids" rather than keeping positions vacant until a qualified individual fills it.
    As many others have stated, I don't feel that salaries are competitive and raises/increases are very few and far between.

9. "ESS Specialist"

Current Employee - ESS Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - ESS Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Total Education Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have offer a very flexible schedule.

Cons

You have to fill a lot of paperwork. The pay rate of 17 an hour for tutors has remained on lock. You have to drive a lot to the students homes. You have to turn in your paperwork every month to the main office.

Nov 29, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your dedication to our clients. We recognize it can be hard to travel between student homes and we thank you for making their education a priority.

10. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Total Education Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive staff, opportunities for advancement, paid medical benefits after remaining with the company for a few years, trainings

Cons

Salary, micromanagement by a couple supervisors,

Oct 27, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy you are having a positive experience at TES. Our Behavior department is very strong because of committed professionals like you. Keep up the great work!

"Great company, great people, supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Pasadena, CA

Pros

Great people at all levels of the company. Great culture and a very supportive environment. Management has always been open to constructive feedback and willing to entertain changes to procedures and policies when realistic solutions to problems are presented.

Cons

Need to understand technology in order to work here.

Advice to Management

Love the dedication to trying to provide a balanced work/life to staff and the dedication that is demonstrated to our clients/students we serve daily.

Sep 29, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your review. We love that our team members are solutions oriented! We are trying to stay current with technology advancements. Thank you again for the feedback. -Meaghan Donahue ... More