Total Quality Logistics Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Pros
  • Unlimited earning potential - literally the top sales person made a million dollars last year (in 160 reviews)

• Work hard play hard is 100% accurate around here and when it comes to making your family feel like part of the TQL family -- NO company does it better (in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • Takes time to get work/life balance (in 151 reviews)

• Long hours can be a bit of a drag but if you want to make an above average earning, you will have no problem doing so (in 210 reviews)

"Changed my life!!!"

Current Employee - LAE in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - LAE in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential.
    Fun place to work.
    Energetic
    Many company sponsored events
    Charity work
    401k
    Beer drops on Fridays
    Gym at HQ

Cons

Tough job. It's not for everybody. Managers hire people sometimes who claim they want to work hard and make a lot of money but are really just there to collect a bare minimum paycheck. When they quit or are let go for their lack of effort they come on these sites and bash the company. Don't come to TQL if your one of these people. Don't waste everyone's time. If you are offered the job then really think about it before joining. You may be a hard worker but if you are afraid to pickup the phone and sell to someone, don't come. It doesn't mean your a bad person but if the job doesn't fit your personality then you will struggle. Make sure it's a fit before coming on board.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive

"The Truth about TQL"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Exciting and fun work environment
    Paid Training
    Unlimited earning potential
    Hard work is quickly rewarded
    Team mentality

Cons

Not a good fit for individuals who are not willing to put in the work to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and be unafraid to try new things.

"Freight Brokerage"

Current Employee - Logistics Support in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Support in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, team atmosphere, paid training and plenty of opportunity

Cons

2nd shift in some departments as well as required holidays to work

Advice to Management

Seek longer work hours and less days to help regulate the strain of 2nd shift

"Great Place to Work for High Achievers"

Current Employee - Sales Eade in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Eade in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TQL is a great place to work for many reasons. 1. Proven track record of success in a very competitive 3PL industry. 2. Work hard play hard culture (fun place to work where you get out what you put in). 3. The people I work with daily are like family to me. 4. Training and Innovation: The company invests in employee development and in technology that provides us with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. 5. Career advancement and growth. Our rapid national expansion has created opportunities for employees to grow their careers and take on new challenges. I've personally benefited from this as well.

Cons

We work in an ultra-competitive/tough industry that requires a strong "very strong" work ethic and an ability to thrive in a fast paced goal oriented sales environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to gain more market share in this industry. Continued investment in the development of our employees and in technology will help us maintain a competitive advantage.

6. "Non-sales opportunities"

Current Employee - Corporate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity ,Growth, Culture, Teamwork, Support

Cons

The only con is that the office is cold... bring a blanket!

Advice to Management

Management at tql is fantastic. I feel appreciated and valued as an employee. They focus on employee engagement and make sure that every employee is truly happy with their job. I have continued to grow with tql and have received recognition for my hard work from upper management and colleagues. If you work hard you will be rewarded! It's not a company for slackers or people that think that can just breeze through their day, you have to be driven and strive for success. That's the best part about TQL. "Work hard play hard"

7. "Web Developer II"

Former Employee - Web Developer II in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Web Developer II in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture & very talented IT department.

Cons

Nothing negative to share, good company.

"Best Sales Job I Ever Had"

Current Employee - SGL in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - SGL in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get rewarded for hard work. I went from an 80-100k year job and started over when the commission at my previous job changed every 2 months. Here , you slowly grow your book of business and after a year of grinding I'm finally starting to make commission checks every week. If you work hard and get established you can get your personal life back. Everyone is equal and treated the same.

Cons

Its a LOT of work in the beginning and can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

The health insurance could be better. It's not bad, but a 2 billion+ company could do better.

"Logistics Account Executive"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Type of work environment where you can reap the fruits of your own labor and you can earn your income level.

Cons

You will work tirelessly and ruthlessly your first 12 months until you establish your book of business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support and stop hiring people who don't have that work hard mentality. TQL was not designed to be a cake walk. We only need the ones who have that fire in thier belly

"Best career move I've ever made!"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a fun atmosphere and culture here along with endless opportunities. As long as you are willing to work hard this is the place for you! Promotion/raises are always available. Every day is different and that keeps you on your toes. This company is full of social butterflies who are motivated to make money & kick butt while doing so. Making my career move to TQL is the best decision I have made in life thus far.

Cons

This is not for everyone!!! If you have a problem being on the phone/interacting with people all day this isn't for you.

"Excellent Place to work"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance and Release Specialist II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard. Play hard. Tons of events for the employees. Always treat family members like part of the TQL Family. Advancement opportunities are everywhere.

Cons

When transferring internally (non-sales), pay seems to be a little on the low end.

Showing 383 of 1,410 reviews