Total Quality Logistics Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance takes time to get used to (in 181 reviews)

• Long hours with some after hours work (in 250 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company! Incredible opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent earning potential
    Strong Leadership- we strive to do the right thing
    Best job for those who want to work

Cons

Long work hours
    Must have a Sales mindset

"Opportunities Abound"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best team atmosphere I've ever worked in. Smart people who aren't afraid to take risks, while doing the right thing. TQL has changed hundreds of lives (for the better) over the past 20 years, and continues to put it's employees 1st.

Cons

If you're afraid of hard work think twice before coming here...

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the limits!

"Recommend to anyone who wants to get paid for the work you put in"

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Have brokered over 10 years here. TQL provides you with everything you need to be successful. Unlimited income potential. TQL really cares about each persons input and the culture is amazing.

Cons

it doesn't come easy but if you have the work ethic and drive to be successful this is the place for you.

4. "You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

TQL, made me the man I am today. I can't say Thank You enough to those mentors and Leaders I have had during my time at TQL.

Cons

They only have Miller Lite at the Patio Parties. Seriously at TQL, you will only get what yuh put into your job. Slackers need not apply...

Advice to Management

Keep doing you!

5. "Logistics Account Executive"

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, helpful management, freedom to build your book of business in any industry you find interest in, opportunities to advance quickly into leadership, very fun work culture, work hard play hard scene, you WILL be rewarded for the effort you put into the career, you become an expert in the industry quickly, friendly and humble coworkers, the money is there if you have a no excuses mentality.

Cons

Always on the clock, after hours calls, zero compensation for awarded leadership responsibilities until you become a general manager, no on-site training individuals,(100% virtual training rather than in-person training classes taught by a logistics trainer when I first entered company) , corporate ousted a large portion of recruiting department so satellite offices are bringing in under par talent, long hours, stress, having to respond DAILY/hourly to negative consequences out of your control, GIANT workload for hard working brokers trying to make it up the ladder while continuing to build their book of business

Advice to Management

Reward your employees monetarily when they receive extra added duties when awarded with leadership advancement. Bring back in-house trainers either at corporate or at some type of regional level, or pay the LAE's for the coaching needed to properly train new reps. Invest in recruiting. Properly communicate quota expectations for vets in all departments. Don't forget your employees love TQL and want to stay there if you remember they're a human and not a production pump.

6. "Absolutely Would Not Recommend (unless you are desperate)."

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

- Training program (there used to be one)

Cons

If you like working in a frat-like environment, sexism and 0 work-life balance this is for you! Multiple LAEs, Recruiters and Managers have been let go due to inappropriate behavior, which is the norm there. They preach they have a great culture to offset how miserable the sales recruiter and sales roles are, often cutting you down due to circumstances beyond your control.

"Excellent Culture Fantastic Opportunity"

Current Employee - Carrier Services Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Carrier Services Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CULTURE - I've spoken with friends or colleagues that have moved on, for one reason or another, and months later they've said "TQL had the best culture. I miss how much they did for their employees. The place I work now doesn't do anything like that."

Cons

Bottom line, this isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Not everyone likes the high octane, always on the move, always do better than yesterday environment. Well we do. We don't just like it, it's who we are and we love it.

Advice to Management

Let's always keep developing new leaders and never stop asking who's next. It's vital to our future success to not outgrow ourselves.

"Best Place I Have Ever Worked!"

Current Employee - Logistics Support Manager in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Support Manager in Milford, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TQL has a fantastic culture created by a great leadership foundation. The company invest in your development to grow and foster relationships to help others do the same. TQL is a great place for opportunities to advance your career. I started in a entry level position and worked my way up. Hard work is rewarded and I find my position fulfilling and proud of what I do everyday. TQL is a growing company and I feel what I do helps to impact our growth.

Cons

It involves hard work, a drive to succeed and a positive mindset. If you are not willing to work hard and be positive then it might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Leadership teaches you the skills, tools, and knowledge to succeed. All you have to do is be willing to learn and work for success.

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - After Hours Supervisor in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - After Hours Supervisor in Milford, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Ample opportunities for growth
    -Work HARD play hard culture
    -Leadership teams that invest in their employees and work hard to coach them up

Cons

-Can be stressful at times

"Bait N Switch"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I guess that atmosphere is fun because it's like working in a frat house.

Cons

Upper management cares about nothing except your numbers. Your not only competing with other brokerage firms, but you're competing against the person in front of you, behind you, to your left, and to your right.
    You're expected to work overtime with no compensation. I was even told that I should stop leaving the office during lunch.
    Mangers are selected based on numbers, not leadership skills.
    A new hiring class is brought on board every 2 weeks with a class of 12-20 kids.
    The place is a revolving door- if you go to work there, I'd be looking for another job in the meantime.

Advice to Management

get out of there while you can

Showing 436 of 1,696 reviews