Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance takes time to get used to (in 170 reviews)

• Long hours with some after hours work (in 232 reviews)

1. "Logistics Account Executive Trainee"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at TQL for a little over 3 months and I must say, this company rocks! Beer drops on Fridays, music always going, great vibes throughout the office! When you need help there isn't a single person that you cant go to for help! In fact, most people try to help you in more ways than one.

Cons

LITERALLY, your friends will expect you to pay for everything.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"My thoughts and experience with TQL"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well lets start with the reason everyone works. Money. If you're like me and a self-motivated, go getter, this place is amazing because there is uncapped commission. For those of you who don't like being micro-managed, there is none of that here. If you come into work and don't feel like doing anything, you're just hurting yourself but no one is going to tell you to make calls. We currently have a very small percent of the industry, so there is almost unlimited new business to find. The atmosphere is amazing. Just being able to enjoy the work environment helps keep you focused at getting to that level of success. There is commission but you also get a paycheck no matter what, with no responsibility to pay it back if it takes you a little longer to start gaining commission. Our 4 winning principles are probably one of my favorite things about working here 1. Pledge Integrity, 2. Exceed Expectation, 3. Recognize the Value of Teamwork and 4. Be Forthright About Conflict. Any company that holds these values true to them is good for me.

Cons

This is a sales job and not everyone is capable of being successful in a sales role. Sometimes I work at midnight dealing with a fallout or phone calls to keep a customer happy. Some people may consider this a con - you need to give this job 100% effort in order to hit success.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you put the proper people in management roles. People who understand how to work with other people and how to lead in general. I've seen too many "leaders" who are successful with no capacity on how to lead others.

3. "Good money; good people; very long hours"

Current Employee - Logistic Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Logistic Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission is a huge perk and each broker runs his or her own account. If you're a control freak this is perfect- as long as you're putting in effort, making money, and acting ethically, you are given the freedom to run your account however you choose.

High energy atmosphere. The people are friendly and helpful which is good news because you see a lot of them. The hours are crazy. Management is very supportive and provides tools anyone needs to succeed. Effort is constantly rewarded. Basically you are given opportunities by either making money or working hard. That's very fair.

Cons

Zero work-life balance. To some people it's worth it; to others it isn't. If you want to be super successful you basically have to live and breathe TQL. A vacation can mean a huge monetary loss so it's hard to take time off. It does pay off though.

Turnover is very high but many of the hard workers stick it out. This job isn't for everyone. The people who don't succeed often get discouraged by the rejection- cold calling gets overwhelming to some. Again, it pays off.

Advice to Management

Each LAET has a dramatically different experience based on his or her LAE. This should be considered when evaluating various metrics regarding LAET performance.

"The Sky Is The Limit!!"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TQL gives you all the tools you need to make as much money as you want. The people that don't succeed/get fired at TQL are the people that did not put in the effort. This is the perfect job for people who are ready to work and will hold nothing back. Successful brokers at TQL understand that you get what you put in and the sky is the limit!!

Cons

Sometimes underqualified people get hired.

"TQL - MAKING IT RAIN!!"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TQL gives you the training and tools you need to create a book of business that can support any lifestyle. The staff is outstanding, the management is hands on and very motivational. TQL is the perfect place to show off how hard you truly work. You don't have to be the best salesman to get to the top, you just have to have the desire and put forth the effort and there is no question you will find success at TQL. Within 3 months of starting as a broker, I hit success and haven't looked back almost 2 years later. The balance inside the office and outside are unlike any other company I have worked with before. The atmosphere is energetic and fun, no matter which office you go to... not to mention the great office locations all throughout the country!! As an office we volunteer for charities and organizations all around the city and take part in intermural leagues all throughout the year. Hands down, TQL has been a great experience and I would recommend to all my peers to jump aboard and literally start making it rain!!!

Cons

Really don't get much sleep... but sleep when you die

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing... more offices = more beer

6. "Are you ready for the grind?!"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none really. You will regret this decision. They will hire anyone, don't let them fool you into thinking you got lucky.

Cons

There are endless really. You will regret this decision. They will fire everyone, don't let them fool you into thinking you got unlucky.

Advice to Management

They already know, they are spamming these sites with fake reviews...

7. "Opportunity exists for those who are willing"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential but it takes about a year to see your hard work pay off. Culture is the best and a lot of good people work at TQL. The work space is open and let's energy and music keep things lively. You don't have to depend on anyone but yourself. The technology is very advanced and makes your job easier.

Cons

Working in a fluctuating market is frustrating. Easy to get negative if you're having a rough week with your customers. The industry doesn't sleep so work/life balance is challenging. Don't work here if you want a 40 hour work week and a ton of vacation.

Advice to Management

Keep providing new ways to generate revenue and an increase is base pay or commission structure is needed to keep up with the competition.

"Incredible Opportunity"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, Fast paced, Young, Hungry, Perfect for millennials, what you put into it is what you get out of it. Quickest way to make 100K!

Cons

It takes time to build a solid business but when you can make a ton of money when you do. Sales is hard and not for everyone.

Advice to Management

The new management has been great! They are engaged and create a fun and enthusiastic environment to work in!

"Logistics Account Executive"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to run your book of business your way. The best people to work with, honestly. We have a good time working here.

Cons

Work on east coast time so work starts at 6am, but we're off at 3:15pm. You build your own book of business, kind of like running your own company so you do have to work hard initially and you will earn it.

"LAE"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and the ability to make however much money you want to work to earn.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!