Total Quality Logistics Reviews in Ohio | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks

Pros
Cons
  • work/life balance can be tough at times (in 153 reviews)

• Long hours but needed to achieve success (in 217 reviews)

"Changed my life!!!"

Current Employee - LAE in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - LAE in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential.
    Fun place to work.
    Energetic
    Many company sponsored events
    Charity work
    401k
    Beer drops on Fridays
    Gym at HQ

Cons

Tough job. It's not for everybody. Managers hire people sometimes who claim they want to work hard and make a lot of money but are really just there to collect a bare minimum paycheck. When they quit or are let go for their lack of effort they come on these sites and bash the company. Don't come to TQL if your one of these people. Don't waste everyone's time. If you are offered the job then really think about it before joining. You may be a hard worker but if you are afraid to pickup the phone and sell to someone, don't come. It doesn't mean your a bad person but if the job doesn't fit your personality then you will struggle. Make sure it's a fit before coming on board.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive

"TQL"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Akron, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Unlimited Growth Opportunities
    -No Commission Cap
    -Fun wok environment

Cons

-Very Stressful
    -Long Hours
    -No real vacation

"Awesome place to work! Changed my life!"

Current Employee - Risk Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Risk Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Hard/Play Hard
    Great people across the board, from the VPs down to the new hires.
    Amazing support from the company and great perks.
    FUN- events, outings, picnics, patio parties, family functions, etc.
    This is truly a company where we all share in our successes.
    Challenging but rewarding sales job!

Cons

Creating sales can be tough and people will say "no" to you a lot. Don't take it personal. If you make a commitment to yourself that you are going to put your time in, prep for cold calls, follow up with prospects, and learn to build rapport with your customers, this can be your dream job!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and being a BEST PLACE TO WORK!

"Sales Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, weight room, nice people, good training

Cons

Sometimes you can get thrown in on someone's account who isn't a good mentor. I was lucky but some people were not.

"Work Hard/Play Hard Says It All!"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This position is a quite lucrative role. If you are willing to be on the grind and put in the time, there is absolutely 6 figure potential. It's a great environment with great, motivated people around you at all times.

Cons

It's not easy. Putting in extra time/hours your first year when you're building your book of business. You are controlling everything you can, but you're income still depends on items outside if your control.

"Great People Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at TQL for just over three years. There have been pros and cons throughout my career here but ultimately I am very happy with where I am today. I started out hoping to make in sales in the brokerage role. It is the most lucrative position and has the most earnings potential. Very few people make it, it is very difficult because of the competition in the industry. The role is meant for charismatic people with a relentless work ethic. Overall, it is a fun company atmosphere with quality people to work with. If hearing no gets you down- this is not the job for you. If you make a legitimate effort to succeed management will certainly recognize your efforts. After struggling in the brokerage role, It was mutually decided for me to move into a sales support role after my first year. Since the move, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. It is less stressful even though I can take on more responsibility and have better compensation.

The company business model is one of the best in the industry. This company is not going anywhere and will adapt to stay ahead of future challenges. They really reinvest into making it better. They offer very competitive medical and retirement benefits.

The day to day can be a very fun hustle when you are busy. When things go right it is one of the easiest jobs in the world. When things go wrong you simply have to communicate it and have a difficult conversation and move on.

Cons

There can be a lot of negativity because of higher turnover and stringent goals. Extremely competitive environment for generating leads. Customers have to pay on time to receive full compensation on commission. It is a very stressful industry where you have to clean up a lot of other peoples mistakes even when no fault of your own.

Advice to Management

Continue to make it a better environment for employees to have success. The more we can cater towards the employee making it successfully here the more talent we will be able to attract.

"The Champion's Challenge - A Place To Create Your Future"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive SGL in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive SGL in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Build your book of business the way you want, incredible training and investment from leadership & management, competitive starting salary with full benefits, superior opportunity for professional development, uniquely challenging and greatly rewarding

Cons

There will be long days & nights, you will have to work harder and smarter than most other jobs, there will be many rejections along the road to success here, there is incredible amount of competition and the industry (as a whole) is littered with lack of integrity

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the things that brought us to where we are - keep developing strong sales leaders and trainers, more important than sheer volume of calls & effort, we need to help people realize how to think smarter and become irreplaceable & invaluable to our customers - consider investing

9. "Sales Rep Review"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics (More than 8 years)

Pros

There truly is an unlimited earning potential. If you keep setting up more business support will be given to you. Great Work environment, the people around you are truly what makes it enjoyable to come to work every day. After you are with the company for a year your vacation days really build up and increase every year.

Cons

Biggest downside to the job is a lot of people who are hired are not a good fit. They tell management that they are money motivated and willing to pound the phone every day to make money. Then when they get here they are obviously not meant for a phone sales job and they probably knew that when hired. This is the biggest reason for turnover.

10. "This place is what you make it"

Current Employee - BTL in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - BTL in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, management cares about your success, unlimited earning potential, fun people to be around.

Cons

Night and weekend work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

11. "IT Life @ TQL"

Current Employee - IT Management in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Management in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great business culture where IT is acknowledged as a competitive advantage, fast paced environment, good work/life balance plus you get to work with positive, talented people. Highly involved in community programs and charities. Strong supporters of the military and it's veterans. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

If you are looking to coast in your career, this is definitely not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on our core competencies

Showing 437 of 1,461 reviews