Total Quality Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Total Quality Logistics CEO Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks
  1. Featured Review

"I’m in my 20s and making Six figures."

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The chance to make a lot of money. Everyone here is willing to help everyone else. All the STLs and SGLs are great and always helping out. The environment is laid back even though the job is hard.

Cons

I was told when I started it would be hard and told all the negative things about the job. They weren’t just trying to scare me, it really is hard. It’s way harder than I thought it would be. I didn’t start making commission until almost 2 years. I was coming in at 7 and leaving at 6 everyday and it eventually paid off and now I’m extremely happy. I went through spurts of wanting to quit a few times but I’m extremely...

Advice to Management

New manager in the office and things are awesome. He genuinely seems to care and wants his employees to all be successful.

2. "Great culture"

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great culture, work hard play hard and they truly mean it. Patio parties and giveaways, money money money to be made. Great first job out of college

Cons

Call center environment, but it's clear that it's a call center from day 1 so at least you know that heading in

3. "Good Entry Level sales job"

Current Employee - LAE in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very good training and commission opportunity.

Cons

Takes a little while to build your book of business. Just like any other sales job.

4. "Opportunity as Advertised"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Newburgh, IN

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

TQL truly provides unmatched earning potential. The greater the work, the greater the reward, period.

Cons

None. You get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide quality solutions to employee problems and always being valuable resources for budding LAEs.

5. "Hard Work Pays Off"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

*PAY *TQL CULTURE *TEAM ENVIROMENT *OWN BOOK OF BUSINESS *NEAR DOWNTOWN *TQL CARES *TEAM BUILDING EVENTS *Pat and Devin are exceptional leaders and genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

*HOURS TO START *SATURDAY SHIFTS *TOUGH MARKET *You get what you put in, if you come in and grind out your calls, are smart about prospecting and time, and have good customer service skills when you become an LAE and you get better in/out times and also less Saturday shifts. The cons kind of weed themselves out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what is working. More Teambuilding. More TQL Cares Opportunities. More Acknowledgement of individuals who are grinding their tails off.

"Work hard play hard"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

They are a sales driven company. You must be a go getter and be willing to work hard! The success and satisfaction of being part of a great company is worth the hard work and effort. TQL embodies the "Hard work pays off" motto

Cons

There is a lot of time and energy necessary at the onset of your career at TQL. It's not necessarily a con... more of a note to those that think great things come for free.

"Unparalled Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

TQL is a place that provides an opportunity to advance professionally and financially at an accelerated pace over your peers who are not here. You have to put in the work but every other Friday, it is very worth it.

Cons

work life balance can get a little out of whack but its a sales job.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing!

"YOU get out what YOU put in"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The position speaks for itself with “you get out what you put in.” This inside sales position is an entrepreneur role. YOU determine your own success. If you are willing the put in the hard work, the sky is the limit. For me, I put in the extra hours. I came in early and stayed late. Somedays were 12 hours straight from 6:30am-6:30pm. I constantly spent my time building my lists and calling every prospect I came across....

Cons

Like I said above, it’s long hours, and you must put in the extra effort. That’s the only way to be successful here. If the extra hours and work ethic are not given, it can take on average 12-18 months to get your first commission check.

Advice to Management

Everyone likes a little friendly competition. Send out more competitions for the sales floor. Also, increase team bonding in the office. For example, more team outings (even if everyone pays their own way) and more charity events to get the word out about TQL and our office. Just more activities so everyone gets to know each other throughout the offices.

9. "Unreal opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Work Environment, Earning Potential, Career Opportunities

Cons

None that comes to mind

Advice to Management

N/A

10. "Great company and industry that offers substantial growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Competitive Culture and Industry; National brand; Expanding scope of 3pl service offerings; People and State of the Art Technology

Cons

This industry is super competitive and fast paced-Not for everyone

Advice to Management

Keep investing in Technology and expanding service offerings

Found 2192 reviews