KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kenneth Oaks
3,189 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours (but the money makes it worth it and it gets better after the first 1(in 339 reviews)
  • "You have absolutely no work life balance its frowned upon if you don't stay late or come in early.(in 277 reviews)
  • "Same thing everyday with long hours(in 126 reviews)
  • "Also pay is very low for the amount of hours worked.(in 113 reviews)
  • "What I mean by that are the things you need to handle potentially in your time off.(in 39 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Total Quality Logistics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

TQL Greensboro is worth the work

May 18, 2022 - International Account Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Solid Environment, I would go to the ends of the earth for my Leadership

Cons

TQL isn't easy, if you can't survive the grind it's not the job for you.

2. 5.0

Slackers need not apply

May 17, 2022 - Logistics Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Potential to make money hand over fist if you dedicate yourself - Few restrictions to upward mobility - Lively and collaborative workplace environment - Ample resources at your disposal to help you along your way - Leadership is genuinely invested in helping you succeed - Fast paced

Cons

- Parking is exorbitantly expensive at the office - Very limited time off - Work-life balance can be tricky for the first 1.5-2 years as you establish a consistent book of business

3. 5.0

Work hard, Play Hard

May 17, 2022 - National Sales Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

TQL's culture is what initially sold me here. Everyone is friendly, welcoming, and happy to be at work. It is upbeat and exciting to come in every day with new goals and coworkers who have their own new goals as well. Everyone is striving for the best here and has the opportunity to control their success and outcome here.

Cons

This company definitely does challenge you, push you, and ask you to be willing to put in the work. Everything great in life does not come easy and same goes with success here. It is difficult at times to get through low points, but in the end, the rewards are so worth it! If you are willing to work hard, I promise you TQL will notice, and show you your value to the company!

4. 5.0

BEST PLACE TO WORK 2022

May 18, 2022 - Logistics Account Executive Trainee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are given top-notch training and guidance to achieve the goals you set for yourself to become a successful Logistics Account Executive. Your team will support you, have your back, and become more than coworkers but a family.

Cons

The only biggest downside is the time you'll spend at Total Quality Logistics. You can look at this in two ways, are you willing to sacrifice your time to become successful or waste your time in the monotony of the day.

5. 5.0

Pretty dang good!

May 13, 2022 - EDI Analyst I
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a few things that make TQL far better than other companies I've worked for. I'll start with the best. The best thing, for me, is how much the company cares about its people having a good time. My boss has been totally supportive of me being curious about other roles, and it's something you see across IT. People move from QA to being devs, from finance guy to business analyst. I've also mentioned ideas about how to make this role better, and I've been listened to, even though I've been here for less than a year. Next, my team is awesome. Pretty much anyone on the team will drop whatever they're doing to help someone out. Good people, good sense of humor. Also, this is not the kind of company where people are constantly looking over your shoulder. You are trusted to do a good job, and to own up to mistakes and resolve them. But people don't freak out if you mess up, either. Finally, I'm a woman, the only one on my team right now, and it's never been a problem. I initially worried about it being a "boy's club", but I don't anymore. I'm treated the same. There's also a very participatory Women's IT group that meets up monthly, which has career related topics.

Cons

Here are my issues: They match 50% of the first 3% you contribute to your 401k, I think? Could be better. The offices are super far away from me, and the open office plan makes it really hard to focus sometimes. For the health insurance, somehow TQL can get out of covering all women's birth control except for IUDs? Because it's a religious organization? I haven't yet tried to get BC under TQL's insurance, so I'm not sure exactly how it'll play out, but yeah. My team has pretty high turnover, but it's mostly because EDI can be rough. Also, there's sort of a pipeline for new dev bootcamp grads from EDI to development here. Roughly 1.5 years after starting, most people move to dev.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Fantastic Opportunity

May 16, 2022 - Logistics Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is an endless opportunity to grow here. Everyone is a hard worker and comes in with a positive attitude and high energy.

Cons

Sitting in a chair all day

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place to work

May 16, 2022 - National Sales Recruiter in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture, earning potential if you work hard, people, fun

Cons

PTO / even if you have it you probably are too busy to use it

8. 5.0

CULTURE IS AMAZING

May 16, 2022 - National Sales Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Put in the work. You get paid. The culture and environment is fun and helps make a stressful job more enjoyable! The leadership in office is amazingly supportive and goes above and beyond to make sure you have the tools to be successful. Our work actually means something so its nice getting paid to do what we do especially in this economy.

Cons

None. The support and culture help keep a stressful more manageable.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

This is an Agile environment

May 16, 2022 - Agile Practice Lead in West Chester, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

It and business are committed to an Agile way of working. We employ Scrum, Kanban, and ScrumBan approaches to delivering business value.

Cons

Finding the high quality candidates we need to keep the business growing.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company!

May 16, 2022 - Team Lead in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

literally everything is great here

Cons

more PTO would be nice I suppose

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,681 Reviews

Total Quality Logistics Reviews FAQs

Total Quality Logistics has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 4,794 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Total Quality Logistics to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 24% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Total Quality Logistics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Total Quality Logistics. This rating has improved by 23% over the last 12 months.

83% of Total Quality Logistics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Total Quality Logistics 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Total Quality Logistics to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management, work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Total Quality Logistics Job Seekers