Total Quality Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenneth Oaks
1,407 Ratings

1,881 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited earning potential, very entrepreneurial in the sense where you have free range to go after any business you want (in 209 reviews)

• Work Hard/Play Hard Environment (in 157 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough work life balance for the first two years (in 203 reviews)

• Can take some time to get your book of business rolling (in 92 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Slackers Need Not Apply"

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Truly unlimited earning potential and unmatched company culture. Work hard play hard mentality. Company benefits are unmatched in the sales industry. Every day is something new and not the same old boring tasks. If you are positive, hard working, and money motivated this is the job for you.

Cons

I wouldn't say it is a downside because anything in life worth having is difficult, but if you want to be successful you have to be willing to put in the effort and time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"I came from NOTHING"

Current Employee - LAET in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - LAET in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Technology – Industry Leading.

Transparency – It’s a sales job. No one will tell you differently.

Training – TQL provides every tool to succeed, from their in-depth virtual training the day you start to the unlimited resources put at your disposal formatted in a way that encourages the development of different types of learning styles. (Hands on experience, sales documents composed by work force, specialized departments to help assess risk, management coaching, team based mentoring)

Compensation – Uncapped, performance based. *Advice to reader* If you’re looking for a salary to pay your bills for a year while you put in “the-work” to get your earnings to the level you want; apply. If you’re looking for anything else; don’t.

“the-work” – When you first start our training (22 weeks) your time should be invested to the account you’re assigned to. Your expectations should be to learn it, love it, know it, run it, and live it by the time you’re 22 week LAET training is complete.

Personal Experience - In my first year, I spent from 0745-1800 every day and 4-8 hours on the weekend working with the LAE and team I had been assigned to. My mission was to learn and understand how their business worked and I was coached based on my performance daily. I stayed 2 extra hours each night during the week (until 2000) building lists, making prospecting calls, and working to find my “mojo” within a niche that best related to my life experiences. My personal goal when I started was to put in enough work for 2-3 years to build a rewarding foundation for whatever my future had in store for me. By committing myself to “the-work”, I now have that ability.

Potential Compensation/Hours Breakdown (Your hours are 24/7/365) - People in most offices, including this office, are making and have made the figures below. They are not made up. The hours listed are estimates of time per week that you can expect to have to put in to give yourself the best opportunity for success in this position.

Year 1 – 60-65 Hours - $35,000
    Year 2 – 55-60 Hours - $85,000
    Year 3 – 50-55 Hours - $100,000
    Year 4 – 40-45 Hours - $150,000
    Year 5 – 40-45 Hours - $150,000+
    Year 6 – 40-45 Hours - +++

Cons

“It’s Hard” – I say again… This is not a job for someone that wants to collect a bi-weekly paycheck at base/salary pay for 5 years and then be promoted with specific goals/tasks as they progress through the company business model. This job is for someone who wants to create their own business model and compete against internal teammates as well the current market saturated with opportunity as our company business expansion model continues to unfold.

“The struggle is real” - You will be held to high expectations and your tenure here will be reflective of your performance. This starts day one with your TQL manager and is also used by your customers as a way of measuring your comparative worth as a service provider/resource to their company.

Advice to Management

As we grow, continue to hire sales for sales and specialized support to fit what’s needed to be successful in their role.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well compensated, good energy, overall a fun work environment.

Cons

It is a tough and stressful job

"Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive Trainee
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive Trainee

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Income earning potential. Startup environment with established company structure.

Cons

It’s not easy to earn buisness takes extra effort. Don’t come here for an easy check.

5. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

So much opportunity for growth with more sales and compensation based pay is a plus if you are will to work.

Cons

Cold calling in the beginning before building up your client list

6. "Great Job Overall!!"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for life changing money

Cons

tough on work/life balance sometimes.

Advice to Management

Accounting team for all brokers

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Satellite Office Leader in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Satellite Office Leader in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, great culture, and the ability for upward mobility. All three of these are the reason why TQL is the place to work. The transportation industry can be a very deceitful industry. TQL has no room for that. It's expected for you to do the right thing every time. It's a breath of fresh air to see such a large company hold each person accountable for professionalism and integrity.

Cons

The job is hard. If you are looking for a job to coast at - this isn't it. You will have long days and potentially long nights, customers will call at unexpected times and you will need to respond. This isn't a job, it's a life style - if you are willing to work your tail off to earn a 6 figure income - this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Massive upside, but have to be willing to commit to work and time."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money upside unbeatable for required qualifications, unbeatable internal vertical growth, great culture, fast-paced and fun job.

Cons

long hours, cannot be afraid to get on the phones and change social plans to commit to growth, up front work load, volatile industry as a whole

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Logistics Account Executive"

Current Employee - Executive Director, Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Director, Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unlimited income opportunity. Flexibility to grow your business how you want. Best training and mentorship in the industry. Advancement opportunities. Office locations across the country.

Cons

It is a sales position. While you get industry leading support and training it is still on you to grow your business.

"Work ethic and grit will determine your success"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money. Hard work and success are rewarded here. As long you are doing the right things you will not be micromanaged and you will be given all the tools you need to be successful.

Cons

Not for slackers or someone seeking an average 9-5 job. If you are not determined to succeed you will not make it.

Showing 1,881 of 1,901 reviews