Total Quality Logistics Reviews

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks
1,931 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Deals with Long Hours - Low Advancement Opportunities(in 361 reviews)

• "Difficult to manage a healthy work/life balance(in 280 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"NOT for the Weak or Faint of Heart"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Those that are hired figure out quickly if this job is for them or if they need to start another job search. The job can be stressful, the expectations are very clear, there is opportunity to be had, and I'd say that about 3 out of 4 people that join TQL either quit or are fired within the first year. This is a good thing for those that decide to stick with it, because there is plenty of money to be made. I work out of the Dallas office, and we have a great work atmosphere. Kyle does a great job and of laying out his expectations and where he wants you as an employee to be 6 months to a year from when you are hired. This job is a 5 star for those that want to earn commission checks and probably a 1 star for those that make excuses while feeling sorry for themselves. From what I've seen MOST (not all) former athletes and military thrive at this job.

Cons

This job is not for the weak or faint of heart. It can be very stressful, expectations are clear, it's not easy building a book of business - it takes time, commitment, and dedication to master the craft. If that bothers you, then this is def a Con. I've recommended this position to a handful of friends, and they were all gone within of a month of being hired (I found new friends shortly after), so I do not recommend this job to my homies that are Alpha's or Lions. I do not recommend if you want a easy, secure salary, 8am to 5pm job and wear a suit every day.

Total Quality Logistics2020-01-09
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics part-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide you everything you need to be successful.

Cons

They expect high job performance! If you do not like to work, this place is not for you.

Total Quality Logistics2020-05-19

"Sales rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and staff are very nice

Cons

Time consuming and takes a lot of time to adjust

Total Quality Logistics2020-05-07

"Amazing opportunity for those who are extremely hardworking!!"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped commission Great comradery with the office Great chance to move up within the company for leaders You are rewarded based on your performance and hard work

Cons

For the people who care most about being successful, your first couples years will be extremely tough and work life balance will be minimal at times.

Total Quality Logistics2020-05-07

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

Great People. Unlimited Earning. Fun Environment.

Cons

It is a grind but if you go at it full steam you can make a lot of money!

Total Quality Logistics2020-05-12

"Company Focused Heavily on IT"

Current Employee - Web Developer II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is an excellent place to work in IT. The company really values the work we do and fully embraces the changes that we put in place. It really is rewarding when our CEO sends us accolades when a project is deployed and running.

Cons

Top performing brokers have some really neat perks. Comparable ones don't really exist for IT employees. But overall, compensation and benefits are pretty good.

Total Quality Logistics2020-05-12

"The Company that helped me grow into me"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a company that you are going to hit the ground running this is the job for you. The job starts day one and if you are a hard worker who doesn't give less than 110% every day you will do very well. There is no lazy days here and every call is an opportunity to grow your book of business and change your life! This job also has one of the best work places I have ever worked at. This is the first job where when the manager's back is turned no one complains about the work place.

Cons

Learning curve is a cliff, but you pick up the job pretty easy. This job is a very sink or swim mentality you are the one to blame for success or failure.

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, Great competitive work environment, Room for advancement in Management, Excellent training, The work you put in truly pays off, Management recognizes the hard work you put in.

Cons

Not many cons for a place where what you put in, is what you'll get out of it..

"Great Company"

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture Team Orientated You get what you put into the work Strong leadership Career Advancement

Cons

If you don’t manage your time effectively, you can burn yourself out quick

Total Quality Logistics2020-04-30

"Love this place."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TQL really cares about its employees. I have never seen a CEO that is so passionate about making sure his people are proud of where they work. So many resources are invested in taking care of us and our families. There are great opportunities for growth.

Cons

We move quickly to achieve big goals; you've got to be willing to keep up with that.

Total Quality Logistics2020-05-08