Total Quality Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks
1,596 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Truly unlimited earning potential and unmatched company culture" (in 230 reviews)

• "very fun work environment, relaxed but work hard play hard is definitely the motto" (in 168 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance - prob bad because i over-dedicate myself" (in 221 reviews)

• "I stayed late 2-4 nights a week while I was building my book of business" (in 100 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I’m in my 20s and making Six figures."

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The chance to make a lot of money. Everyone here is willing to help everyone else. All the STLs and SGLs are great and always helping out. The environment is laid back even though the job is hard.

Cons

I was told when I started it would be hard and told all the negative things about the job. They weren’t just trying to scare me, it really is hard. It’s way harder than I thought it would be. I didn’t start making commission until almost 2 years. I was coming in at 7 and leaving at 6 everyday and it eventually paid off and now I’m extremely happy. I went through spurts of wanting to quit a few times but I’m extremely happy I stayed because I’m making money that I never thought I would be able to now. I’ve seen so many people quit and not stick it out.

Advice to Management

New manager in the office and things are awesome. He genuinely seems to care and wants his employees to all be successful.

2. "Why I Love My Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The sky is the limit.
    - You will always be rewarded for hard work - unlimited growth potential.
    - The culture/atmosphere is always upbeat and energetic.
    - Advanced technology.

Cons

- People usually put work/life balance, but we are a 24/7/365 company and I enjoy the fact my team will respond to me at the drop of a hat (if need be) and I will do the same for my customers.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always treating the bottom like the top.

3. "You get in what you put out"

Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work environment & uncapped earning potential!

Cons

Not for everyone! Takes a certain type of person willing to put in the hard work it takes to become successful here.

4. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Portland, OR

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1). Uncapped Earning Potential!
    2). Culture-Very Energetic and Positive. (Everyone Works towards same goal!)
    3). Training Program gets you ready for sales!
    5). Management path to those who want it.

Cons

1). A lot of work on the front end to build a book of business.
    2). Hard Work, but definitely pays off.
    3). Work/Life Balance Can be tough the first couple of years.

5. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with TQL for over 3 years now and it's the best work environment I've been a part of. There's countless personal/professional growth opportunities in Sales and Sales support positions. If you're looking for a stable, team oriented, and fun company this is the place to be.

Cons

TQL is a very fast pace company. So if you're up for the tasks and constantly striving to exceed expectations, this is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Consistently receive exposure to leadership.

6. "Slackers need not apply"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the uncapped commission! Refreshing to get paid what you're worth! Truly a work hard, play hard environment. Hard working, money motivated folks TQL wants you!

Cons

The first 2 years here this was the hardest job I have ever worked. It wasn't uncommon to work 60 hours/week. Work/life balance can be tough....especially those first couple of years while building your business. If you're not willing to work hard and put in the hours, don't waste your time applying.

Advice to Management

Be sure to be clear about expectations when interviewing.

7. "Great Company to work for!! But no work/life balance :("

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere! Great training & Mentors! Almost weekly beer drops

Cons

There is money to be made here, but you must dedicate yourself to coming in early and leaving late everyday in order to get anywhere. Hit your weekly goals or micro managing begins, but if you hit your numbers expect them to go up. Survive for a couple years and you should "hit success".

"Top Workplace Every Year For A Reason"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company. Unlimited and uncapped potential. If you want a CAREER and are willing to earn it then this is the place to be. It's an awesome place to work. This is a work hard, play hard enviorment. Slackers need not apply. BUT if your willing to put in 110% I promise you'll never regret it.

Cons

Fast pace and A LOT of multitasking and keeping up on more than enough sometimes to handle. You grind for what you get. Earn it and Own it.

Advice to Management

No advice. They simply are management and do just that. They help you to succeed. They wont help you though if you don't show you want it yourself. No need to help someone who cant be helped, right?

"Amazing Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Just started my 8th year here and still loving every day of it. I love the 'newness' as every day is different, no two days are the same. I started in Cincinnati and moved to Tampa a little over two years ago, everyone around me made the transition simple and easy....is there anything better than getting paid for something you love AND experiencing different cities? The office in Tampa is even more unbelievable than I imagined and the people throughout the company are fantastic. I can't imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

Lots to learn in the beginning and may seem overwhelming at first, however they surround you with talent and tons of help.

Advice to Management

Keep it up management team, couldn't ask for anything more!

"Slackers need not apply."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The place has a high energy environment all over the map that has financial and growth opportunity that has changed my family's life. And continuing to grow!

Cons

The hours can be long, especially while investing early. But the payoff is gratifying. Stress levels come and go rapidly, but time and growth allows us to find a system that fits best.

Advice to Management

keep bringing in the hardest working folks in the area.