Total Quality Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenneth Oaks
1,525 Ratings

2,027 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Unlimited earning potential, very entrepreneurial in the sense where you have free range to go after any business you want" (in 220 reviews)

• "Work hard play hard environment" (in 161 reviews)

Cons
  • "Tough work life balance for the first two years" (in 211 reviews)

• "Hard work takes time away from your personal/social life until your book of business is established" (in 96 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I’m in my 20s and making Six figures."

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The chance to make a lot of money. Everyone here is willing to help everyone else. All the STLs and SGLs are great and always helping out. The environment is laid back even though the job is hard.

Cons

I was told when I started it would be hard and told all the negative things about the job. They weren’t just trying to scare me, it really is hard. It’s way harder than I thought it would be. I didn’t start making commission until almost 2 years. I was coming in at 7 and leaving at 6 everyday and it eventually paid off and now I’m extremely happy. I went through spurts of wanting to quit a few times but I’m extremely happy I stayed because I’m making money that I never thought I would be able to now. I’ve seen so many people quit and not stick it out.

Advice to Management

New manager in the office and things are awesome. He genuinely seems to care and wants his employees to all be successful.

2. "3 Year Anniversay"

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High paced, action packed, energy filled career!

Cons

It is high energy all the time.

Advice to Management

My managers are great. I have no constructive criticism at this time.

"ABSOLUTELY AMAZING"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many pros. Leadership honestly cares about your success and will take so much time out of their own accounts to help you grow yours. Offer classes and support on how to better your sales skills. This job pretty much pays you to learn how to be a entrepreneur, it's crazy. Limitless money to be made, sounds too good to be true but it's real. After 1 year I've given myself at LEAST a $15,000 raise and climbing. We have team outings, beer drops, and a super high energy/fun environment. If you like to work HARD and play hard, this is the job for you.

Cons

Grind HARD for the first year/two years, sit back and watch the money come in for the rest of the time.

"Energy."

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the most energetic place I've worked, the people, the work flow, and the culture. If you want to work here, prepare to grind. Work hard everyday. If you put in the work then you definitely get a lot out of it, with pay and feeling of satisfaction.

Cons

If you're not a hard worker, an overachiever, or have actual aspirations that push you, you won't make it.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your trainees. Those who fall down, let them. Those who push back, bring them with you to success.

"Enjoy coming to work everyday"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about TQL is the environment and attitude of everyone you work with. It's just a very positive place. And if you are willing to put into the work there is TONS of money to be made.

Cons

You have to learn quite a bit in the logistics world so it takes some time to start making money.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Working at TQL"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, freedom to build your business in mutiple markets, office environment, charitable contributions are matched and overall great culture.

Cons

After hours training shifts and rotating Saturday shifts. Both are incredibly easy just take time.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can build your own business and set up yourself/family for life. TQL gives you all the resources and leadership to be successful.

Cons

It is a challenging and competitive industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You can tell everyone is bought in to success.

"Logistics Account Executive"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, everyone supports your will to succeed and is always open to help. In this male dominated industry Women are appreciated and held at the same level of the men. There is no limit here so you always have the opportunity to put more and more money in your pocket. All you need is the will and drive to stand out and make a name for yourself.

Cons

We are 24/7 365, this can be challenging if you have a family or a very active social life. But once your account takes off, you will see a dramatic change in your schedule and pay check. This job requires hard work and lots of hours. Setting a schedule for yourself daily is of the upmost importance, have a daily plan.
    The key is perseverance, remember Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
    The first commissions check could take some time, but once you get it and see it. Your whole life will change and you'll be more motivated than ever to make that pay check more consistent.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job at acknowledging and enhancing their employees. Whether you are a veteran or just starting out. You never have to feel like you are not worth their time.

"Amazing Company to work for!"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

I have been here for over 4 years and have loved every bit of it! They're very family friendly and truly care about their employees.

Cons

Not really a negative for me, but it is a very fast paced and aggressive work environment.

"Fast Paced and Challenging"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like a fast paced job and a challenging one, TQL is very rewarding. They care about making people successful as well as do a lot of activities and outings to join teams together. Everyday is a new challenge and it is never boring.

Cons

I love working at TQL and cannot think of a negative for working here

Advice to Management

Keep up all you do for the employees. We appreciate it.

Showing 2,027 of 2,048 reviews