KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Total Quality Logistics Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

Ken Oaks
3,400 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours (but the money makes it worth it and it gets better after the first 1(in 342 reviews)
  • "You have absolutely no work life balance its frowned upon if you don't stay late or come in early.(in 291 reviews)
  • "Crazy long hours(in 133 reviews)
  • "Also pay is very low for the amount of hours worked.(in 126 reviews)
  • "Clear and obvious favoritism played by management.(in 36 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Total Quality Logistics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Unlimited Opportunity - Change Your Life

Dec 2, 2021 - Sales Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped commission. Truly what you put in is what you will get out. Learn a ton about the entire supply chain. They only promote from within.

Cons

Can sometimes be long hours. If you can’t full blown commit to the job then it’s not for you

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

reap what you sow

Nov 29, 2021 - Sales Team Leader in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can get as much out of this job as you set your mind and goals to, and don't lose sight of them. Uncapped commission, recent international growth with a lot of untapped prospects, sky is the limit here. Takes a fair amount of time for most people but some have instant success here.

Cons

Long hours, hard work, a lot of times you are stuck between a rock and a hard place and must make the correct decisions, rejection, high pressure stressful place to work at times.

10 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Every employee has an opportunity

Nov 30, 2021 - Saturday Group Leader in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, environment, mentorship, comradery, quality training

Cons

There are long hours each day, it is a sacrifice

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Review of TQL

Nov 23, 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed by TQL for a while now and I can truly say that it is the best company that I have ever worked for in my professional life. The pay structure and advancement opportunities are unlimited. TQL provides you the support to grow your business as big as you can. As a broker, it is your business to run it as you see fit. You are given extensive training on how to build business in this industry. I always had a dream to run my own business and TQL gives me that opportunity, while having the safety net of a base salary. On top of tremendous opportunity, TQL's culture is like none other. I've worked in quiet offices and I was miserable. There is never a dull or quiet moment at TQL and the energy is un-paralleled. Sure there are good days and bad days just like any job, but I never wake up dreading to go to work like I have in other jobs. A lot of hard work is required to be successful at this company, but the end goal is attainable as long as you take it seriously.

Cons

I can't really say I have any "cons" exactly, but I can tell you what it takes to be successful at this job and some might see those aspects as "cons." This business is 24/7/365. As I mentioned, this is my business and that requires me to be available to my customers at all times. Much like a true business owner or entrepreneur, a lot of long hours and grinding day in/out is required. I personally love the fact that it is up to me to be successful and I am not relying on a boss to give me a promotion. If you are content with complacency in a job, then TQL may not be the fit for you.

10 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work environment/office review

Dec 1, 2021 - Account Representative in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace environment. Friendly yet driven people working next to you everyday. Work hard play hard mentality. Great work/life balance. Rewards for achievements and hitting goals (individually and as a team). Positive environment.

Cons

First couple of years are a grind/long hours/developing your book of business. It is hard work, not easy. Sometimes it takes you reaching out or searching to find answers to freight/logistics problems, not everything is shown to you right away and takes someone willing to put in the work.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company

Nov 3, 2021 - LAET in Mobile, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is welcoming and makes sure you understand what your job entails. The extensive training is tedious, but it ensures you understand what your responsibilities are and how everything works.

Cons

long hours. Only bad part. I would still recommend to friends and family.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, hard work

Nov 1, 2021 - Logistics Coordinator in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very cool team, understanding management

Cons

Long hours, high turnover rate

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hard Work and Hustle

Oct 25, 2021 - Group Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great earning potential, the office really feels like family, always feel that we all want to succeed and push each other

Cons

can be long hours, not for those who don't work hard

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok Job

Nov 28, 2021 - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chance to climb the latter. Opportunity for high pay.

Cons

Long hours for little pay to start. If you dont hit your call numbers or acquire a companies business, you'll be let go.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard working

Oct 18, 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, Helpful, Good pay

Cons

Long hours, Nothing to bad

Viewing 1 - 10 of 623 Reviews