Total Safety Reviews
35% would recommend to a friend
(255 total reviews)
65% approve of CEO
Found 255 of over 299 reviews
Updated Nov 14, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor Management" (in 20 reviews)
- "Upper management doesn't recognize nor assist in career development." (in 11 reviews)
- "Corporate Office had hostile work environment" (in 4 reviews)
- "The long hours and time spent away from family" (in 4 reviews)
- "Have worked with them 8 yrs and have had one raise and that was due to the company that I was representing issued a raise for the safety Representatives." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Total Safety and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Aug 7, 2023Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsBaton Rouge, LA
Constant pay check, decent benefits,
Corporate greed, just a number, managers are promoted based off of the buddy system and not by merit or experience, too big and lost touch with employees, cut out basic employee needs with cheap replacements (uniforms, ppe, equipment) to buy internally and pad their own numbers, lots of egos on “im the boss and thats that” rather than understanding their multiple lines of business, lots of back stabbing and talking among managers about other employees and managers like high school. Raises are non existent and always a fight to get. Even if rates are increased. Its all about their bottom line and for the mid managers to be patted on the head and told good boy by the vp. People get let no for no reason but “reduction in force” and are re hired the next day due to poor upper management decisions and lack of communication. Just all around a bad place to work now a days.
- 4.0Nov 11, 2023Operations ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsOdessa, TX
It's a very strenuous position. Prepare to receive 60 plus calls a day on your cell phone.
It's hard to balance life but working with Kevin was exremely helpful.
- 3.0Nov 14, 2023Site SuperintendentCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLa Porte, TX
High turn over, makes room for good entry level positions.
Work life balance is tough, this is a service company and you’re expected to solve every problem very quick, even if it’s “after hours” or “out of scope”
- 4.0Sep 11, 2023TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsFreeport, TX
The hours worked great for my needs, stayed decently busy at work, and community.
I did have issues with a supervisor that were just ignored, and it was mentally exhausting at times.
- 4.0Aug 20, 2023Senior Billing SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPort Arthur, TX
Good pay, good benefits, good company atmosphere and core values.
Required to work overtime too often, in lieu of new billers being hired to absorb increasing responsibilities of the department. Supervisor was a toxic micromanager and played favorites. You had to be a brown noser to get ahead/move up. I heard she has since been let go during covid layoffs.
Total Safety Reviews FAQs
Total Safety has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 299 reviews left anonymously by employees. 35% of employees would recommend working at Total Safety to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
35% of Total Safety employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Total Safety 2.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.