Totaljobs Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Patrick Wehrmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • lack of career progression unless you (in 3 reviews)

• Used to be a Great Place to Work (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great"

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time

Pros

Very good encouraging atmosphere! Steady Career Development great team

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

"Such a shame!"

Former Employee - Online Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Online Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great perks/benefits - 29 days holiday, free physio, ticket loans, annual conference in Berlin etc.
    Genuinely the best perks package I have seen

Cons

the mid level management need to be trained in how to effectively manager people, not machines! I would comfortably say 1 of the raft of managers on the sales floor actually took the time to nurture and develop people (unfortunately not my manager)
    Continuous forecasting and spread sheet admin, wasting time, constant box ticking exercises, often with little point
    Outdated targets with inaccurate and unrealistic weighting for company sizes that teams work with. Often having a team who work with SMES expected to bring in double the amount of revenue then those working with Large blue chip companies with huge budgets.
    Constantly changing the goal posts in terms of targeting and commission making it more and more difficult to earn commission (then paying out on approx. 1.5% of what you bill - not great for motivation
    The fun, friendly enjoyable environment I once joined completely changed, there is a huge push to make the sales floor a telemarketer style boiler room - soon they will be employing people to make 100s of calls per day rather than the 'consultative, diligent' approach the imply they use.
    Take all stats they give regarding advert response etc. with a very large pinch of salt...
    They have lost a huge amount of employees that have been working there between 2 - 10 years due to the complete attitude and atmosphere change in the company, stop making very good employees not feel welcome by forcing them to work in a way that is not their way of working, you need to understand that people work in specific ways which are very different to the next. Make sure you are not flogging people into becoming lifeless drones otherwise the company will become an even more depressing place

Advice to Management

Firstly, get the old atmosphere back! stop being so KPI driven and move away from the boiler room atmosphere it is fast becoming!
    Get the mid level manager - minus the new business sales manager - into management training and teach them how to diligently devlop people and not turn people into machines by forcing them to work in a way which does not work for them!
    Do not let the company become a corporate, uptight nightmare. You will continue to lose the huge number of excellent employees.
    The company is on the edge of the cliff, be very careful.

3. "Great company!!"

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time

Pros

Awesome management , work environment and support.

Cons

Cant think of anything to say about this.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Are you suitable for a constantly changing business?"

Current Employee - Non Sales Function in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Non Sales Function in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

So, I have worked for the business for over 7 years in a non-sales position and continue to see a mixture of reviews being posted on Glassdoor regarding our business and thought it was time to have my say!

Yes the business has been through exceptional change since StepStone purchased us, some points to note:

* Grown from 250 people in 2011 to not far off 500 now (our sister company have also been through similar growth compared to headcount)

* We moved to an amazing location on Southbank compared to being shoved in a shoe box in a poor part of Oxford Street and Holborn.

* We have gone from what I would class as a 'ticking along' business to a more
    innovative organisation that has invested hugely in technology, product, user experience and digital where we have finally started to focus on new product development.

* We have some great benefits and if you work hard and deliver, you are trusted beyond belief and can gain a huge amount of flexibility through doing so.

Cons

Due to the ambitious growth plans, the business has absolutely not got everything right, including:

* Ongoing and lots of management changes;

* Direction and focus changes rapidly;

* Salaries aren't amazing but they are decent and if you take into account work/life balance, the culture/environment vs money - it depends what your priorities are?

* Yes the commission models change but some of high performers have been with us for years - would they really stay if they dont earn good money on the basis they would also know what they are worth in the external industry? Would people that have left us for mega money being thrown at them to then only return to our business? Would they really do that if we pay that poorly?

* There are certainly some people at a management level who have got there for 'playing the game' - doesnt that happen in every company to some degree? It can take time but aren't those people always sniffed out at some stage?

Advice to Management

You are doing a decent job - lots of lessons to learn but nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews that have been left on Glassdoor!

"Okay at times..."

I worked at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people. Some super smart folks as well.
    Generally well-meaning.

Cons

Battling legacy of highly tenured employees struggling to cope with change / chare knowledge

Advice to Management

Work out who actually is running the business

"fake reviews -awful company- all the good people have left!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice roof terrace
    Good maternity pay
    Nice people
    Billing day's
    9-5
    Trip to berlin

Cons

where do I start...

Time wasting box ticking forecasting meetings
    High unachievable targets since wrong numbers have been submitted to parent company.
    Horrendous culture - used to be down to earth fun place to work now it's uptight where no one enjoys the day.
    Extremely kpi driven ( half day kpis) with punishment if you don't hit these.
    commission structure changes everyday to suit the company financially struggling.
    Poor training
    Limited chances to progress unless you brown nose management
    Expensive overpriced restaurant upstairs
    Poor base salaries (negotiate salary when offered as the chances are you can get 5k more)
    High staff turn over
    Given fake stats to sell against competition. . almost laughable how unrealistic they are.
    Everyone leaves and the team are left to carry targets

Advice to Management

Close down this North Korean work camp! Get rid of cliquey management who drain resources and pretend to be busy in habitual pipeline meets. Hire good sales people to inspire teams and bring back the great place to work!

7. "Good company"

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time

Pros

29 days holiday
    Friendly/approachable managers
    Sick pay
    Pension
    Job security

Cons

Has become more corporate over the years

"This is not a great place to work - too many fake reviews!"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

Pros

The people.
    The building.
    29 days holiday

Cons

Totaljobs has changed drastically over the years and now is a horrible place to work.
    Unless you are up a certain website directors a*rse you won'y get anywhere within TJG.
    They don't pay commison, so If you want to earn money, and be treated like an adult then this isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

Stepstones influence has killed wHat TJ once was - a great place to work.
    The below reviews are clearly written by managment.
    Managment needs wiping out and replacing.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good commission
    Flexible hours
    Great variety of products to sell
    Training and onboarding very good
    Management support

Cons

Sometimes slow to make tough decisions

Advice to Management

Keep everything going the way it is and keep people who really buy into the company culture you are trying to achieve getting rid of deadwood.

"overall good place to be"

I have been working at Totaljobs Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, good rewards and open culture

Cons

constantly changing and very demanding