Touchtown Reviews | Glassdoor

Touchtown Reviews

4.5
Ted Teele

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Touchtown's Team and Culture is Fun, Innovative, & Passionate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakmont, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakmont, PA

I have been working at Touchtown full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at Touchtown is our teamwork and culture. It's amazing what can be accomplished when a great group of people come together!

Cons

None that I can think of - which is rare!

2. "Best of Both Worlds"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakmont, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakmont, PA

I have been working at Touchtown full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Touchtown for 5 years and have witnessed some ups and downs. For the past couple of years, the culture of Touchtown has completely transformed. We do things like Beer Thursday and no limit to PTO (obviously, don't abuse this one). We are making a difference in the lives or older adults and it's so rewarding to see. It's the best of both worlds-meaningful work alongside some amazing people!

Cons

At this point, there are no cons. The culture has done such an amazing 180 in the past 2 years!

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the culture, listening to your employees, and having fun! There is nothing better than laughing with your bosses and feeling heard.

3. "Culture is our key to success"

Current Employee - Customer Care in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Touchtown full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Touchtown is so open and warm, where someone with a passion can develop the skills that drive them. At other companies, the relationship between management and staff is often terse, while at Touchtown the managers genuinely want to be sure employees and customers have the best possible experience.

Cons

There is some past baggage that can be witnessed in the older reviews posted to this site. However, the current management is dedicated to change for the best, and unlike many who make such promises, they have delivered exponentially over the past year and a half.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop a stellar team that can grow beyond their roles.

4. "A Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Touchtown full-time

Pros

Strong leadership team that truly cares about employees. Employees that work hard and have fun at the same time. Excellent culture including bring your pets to work, Beer Thursdays, and lots of other team building focus. It's a collaborative environment where sharing ideas is encouraged. Also, new employee training is a thorough program to help ensure employee success, growth, and happiness.

Cons

Like many small companies, health insurance is only covered at 50%, but....it is good insurance. Dental, vision, and medical are all offered.

5. "National Technology Leader in Senior Living"

Current Employee - RVP Sales in Oakmont, PA
    Current Employee - RVP Sales in Oakmont, PA

Pros

Talented staff, great culture and work environment. New hire Onboarding and Training were very comprehensive - consistent with Fortune 50 companies I have worked for. Market leader in senior living engagement technology - a field that is growing significantly. Very collaborative team. Beer Thursday and other regularly scheduled team events and lunches. Great opportunity to make an impact in your company. Quarterly all employee meetings. Profit sharing, matching 401K, and stock options. Positive, supportive work place where everyone contributes and has fun doing it. Making a difference in the lives of seniors.

Cons

Health insurance benefit options are ok - consistent with a small company, The 401K match is only 2%: long interview process.

Touchtown Response

Nov 29, 2016 – Director, Finance & HR

Thank you for your response! We are glad to hear about your experiences with us. As for the health benefits, we are working to improve the cost structure and the options for everyone in the upcoming... More

"Pretty silly company to work for"

I worked at Touchtown full-time

Pros

Telecommuting is the only good part

Cons

If you ever decide to join, they say very good words but after sometime, when their basic need is met, starts talking different. Pretty pathetic benefit. Extremely old technology and lack of knowledge base of latest technology in house. Better than working for Mcdonald (may be) but nothing more, Be careful, if you decide to join here.

Advice to Management

Director knowledge is shallow, not sure of others,

Touchtown Response

Nov 29, 2016 – Director, Finance & HR

Thanks for your review of Touchtown. We're sorry that you had this experience with us in 2014. It's worth noting that the company has completely transformed since this review was submitted with an... More