ToutApp Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Happy Touting"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at ToutApp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the last year, Tout let me grow in whichever direction my curiosity drew me towards. I have been able to start in my first sales role ever, was promoted as quickly as I was capable of putting more on my plate, twice, doubled my pay and now I get to spend all day everyday connecting with leaders in my field around their goals and how I can best help them get there. If you are getting into sales and want to spend all day learning from the leaders in your field, this is the place to do it :)

Cons

There is always more that one can do at a startup. Though there is a culture of balance, when you gather a room full or growth oriented individuals constantly wanting to be better, its hard to prioritize balance. That being said, the team and leadership is constantly promoting working smarter over longer, getting out to exercise and exploring your external passions!

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring the people below you and trusting them to be creative.

"The honeymoon doesn't last long"

I worked at ToutApp (More than a year)

Pros

There is a real sense of community at ToutApp. If you need help, everyone is willing to give it to you. If you have a desire to change your field, there is always an opportunity to move to other areas in the company.

Cons

The management is not supportive in anyway. When you transition to a new team, your never given a career path for personal or professional growth in the company or a field you know nothing about. Your not given a voice in any situation, and in most cases are pressured in to making a decision that may lead you into being blamed for that choice later on.

Initially ToutApp was a great environment for you to work and grow, but recently it has turned into a pool of negativity led by the CEO and senior management, where the lack of leadership provides confusion on the direction of the company and product.

Advice to Management

Come up with a plan, because continuing on the road your on is only going to take you to the companies failure in the not to distant future.

"not what it seems"

Pros

The people that worked there were intelligent and hard working.

Cons

They brag about how "transparent" the culture is, but in reality, there is zero transparency, and false promises made left and right especially when it came to promotion and growth. The CEO is a control freak and makes rash, emotional decisions that incredibly impact the business and product. The engineering team is then pushed to the limit as they try to keep up with the changing requests of the CEO and then release features without QA or testing...safe to say the product a little bit of a mess.

Advice to Management

best of luck

"A startup on the way out"

Pros

Standard pay, perks, etc. for a startup. Product is competing in a very crowded space and brand recognition is minimal. I guess this is great if you enjoy a challenge.

Cons

I have never feared for my job more than when I worked for this company. Guidance for role was minimal and expectations were high. Company was built for growth that never really materialized - CEO was incredibly premature with regards to C-suite hires, office space selection, etc. Bloated executive salaries have eliminated the company's ability to survive in a dried up funding market. Recent company postings state that the company is now geared for "profitability" (read cost cutting).

Take a look at "Past Employees" on LinkedIn and try to apply to their posted positions. You'll notice a good sized group of people who decided not to work for the company in May 2016. If you try to access apply for their job listings, it appears that they've stopped paying their bill to Lever.

Long story short: this is a sinking ship. Avoid this company like the plague.

5. "Great Opportunity and Learning Experience"

Pros

ToutApp has done a great job of hiring good people to fit their collaborative and self reflective culture. I really enjoy coming in every day and working with my team. We share in our success and are not afraid to talk about and learn from mistakes. The tone for all of this is set from the top, which I find incredibly refreshing.

Cons

It's a start up environment, so don't expect all processes to be well-established or everything figured out. Things can change rapidly so you need to be willing to adapt.

6. "Fun and challenging startup!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ToutApp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ToutApp is a fast growing startup that's changing the way people sell. I come to work excited everyday because I'm surrounded by talented people doing the best work of their careers, yet they still know how to have fun. Since ToutApp is still on the smaller side, you have the ability to wear multiple hats and make changes that will shape the way the company scales.

Cons

Although we get unlimited PTO , I still don't feel like there is a work-life balance. I don't necessarily feel that it's the company's fault. I think that the employees just care a lot about doing the best that they can and prioritize work. We are all very passionate people.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on enriching and maintaining the culture. The culture at ToutApp is what makes us special :)

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ToutApp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ToutApp is a really fun place to work, but it also challenges you to do the best work of your career. The management wants everyone to succeed, and everyone supports each other here. The dynamic is very collaborative and I enjoy coming to work every single day.

Cons

As with any startup, there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Everyone appreciates how much runway you give us to do our jobs at our highest potential.

"Proud member of #ToutNation"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've only been here a short time, but have already fallen in love. Everyone here, especially in the Sales org where I sit, is sharp, team-oriented, super helpful, and might I add extremely fit.

As a salesperson, it's awesome to see your and your customers' feedback having a real impact on the product...and quickly. Management lets you do your job, and is 110% supportive in any way they can help carry a deal forward. In less than my first 60 days, I've learned so much from my team and my manager in terms of not only product knowledge, but also high level sales strategy. I can already tell that this is a place I want to be for the long run.

Cons

The panoramic view of Downtown San Francisco and the Bay Bridge is pretty brutal, especially in the mornings when the sun is peeking through the buildings and casts a soft orange light across the City. Also, the catered lunch and commute reimbursement make my job tough.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering this open, feedback-rich environment. We're growing quickly, and I trust management's decisions with new hires. Excited to be here.

"Open like 7/11"

I have been working at ToutApp full-time

Pros

-Bar!!!!
    -Culture can compete with ANY Silicon Valley/Bay Area company!
    -Benefits
    -Everyone is open; CEO's door is always open, unless meetings of course
    -ToutApp and career (outside of ToutApp) orientated

Cons

-Employee onboarding process can be long

Advice to Management

Keep engaging your team and show that you're there to help them grow not only for ToutApp but as a person too! Great job!

"AMAZING"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ToutApp full-time

Pros

The happiness is real. I love coming into work- I feel challenged, but I also feel like I am set up for success, people are friendly, and the culture is fantastic. The great work/life balance here is so rare, especially in tech. Unlike in my last job, you are judged on what you produce, not what time you leave. Also, the view from the office is insane.

Cons

We are still building out management, so you have to be ready to rely on your peers. Managers are available if you need them, but on my team specifically, it's more of a peer-peer culture. Not necessarily a con, just something to note.