Tower Health Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2020

3.5
Tower Health President and CEO Clint Matthews
Clint Matthews
  1. "Great company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Nursing Unit Director in Reading, PA

I have been working at Tower Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits, retirement 403B, decent staff ratios, team-based care

Cons

I wish the IPT was combined into the ETO. This would allow you to choose how your time was spent.

June 23, 2020Director, Client Services

Thank you for your 5 star review of Tower Health! We’re pleased to hear that you enjoy so many aspects of your position and our organization. We are proud to offer the comprehensive benefits that we do, and strive to provide appropriate staff-ratios. As always, patient-care is our main focus so we appreciate your positive feedback on the team-based care approach. Thank you again for the review and for your continued service to our community!

2. "Outpatient"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tower Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible self scheduling Work life balance

Cons

Sometimes rules are not the same for all patients. Some get specialty treatment from management if they are “VIP” patients

3. "RN in Special Needs Clinic"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Tower Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are opportunities for advancement if you show yourself to be hardworking and professional.

Cons

Leadership is having a hard time staffing quality employees, and we're held back by substandard team members.

August 7, 2020Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 4-star review of Tower Health. We agree that there are many advancement opportunities for our employees, and we strive to provide these opportunities so that employees can grow their career with us. As always, we encourage you to reach out to your supervisor to provide suggestions on how to improve situations in which you have concerns. Thank you very much for your service to our patients, co-workers, and community!

4. "Overall Good Company"

Current Employee - PSR in Pottstown, PA

I have been working at Tower Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Time off Pay Medical Benefits Communication Acknowledge a job well done

Cons

Not enough staff for the work load

Continue reading

August 5, 2020Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 3-star review of Tower Health. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the comprehensive benefits as we are proud of what we offer. We are also pleased to learn that our employees feel they are shown appreciation for a job well done, as we know that a supportive work environment can make a big difference in career satisfaction. The cons listed, as well as advice to management, are concerning. We never want employees to feel underwhelmed or short-staffed and are constantly monitoring patient volumes and staffing levels so that we can make adjustments as needed to staff appropriately during times of increased patient census. Your concerns are important to us and ask that you meet with the HR Director or HR Business Partner at Pottstown so they may be addressed. We are grateful for your dedication to Tower Health and service to the community and thank you for the feedback!

5. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tower Health full-time

Pros

health insurance, pay, time off, benefits

Cons

poor communication, limited value in input

July 15, 2020Director, Client Services

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you are very happy with the compensation and benefit package that we provide to employees. We are sorry to hear you do not feel that your input is valued, as we are committed to ensuring all employees have a voice and supportive work environment. We encourage you to talk with a member of your department leadership about your concerns, if they are not addressed, please contact your HR Business Partner for further guidance. Thank you again for your feedback.

6. "Not to their CORE values"

2.0
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician

I worked at Tower Health full-time

Pros

Bigger place, busy and variety of things you can learn.

Cons

Management, CEO, VP doesn't care for employees. They only care for bottom line revenue profits. Every few years they will layoff staff to adjust their expenses for Marketing, building new offices, and get rid of selective people. There is no leadership transperancy. They just want you to do things only their way and not seek your opinion unless you have been there working for 100 yrs. Management is very rigid. They cut jobs to cover their losses but CEO, VPs and other higher management people don't take any pay or bonus cuts.

Continue reading

June 23, 2020Director, Client Services

We are pleased to hear that the size of our organization allowed for you to gain a variety of different skills, which speaks to our core value of Advancement. The decision to lay off employees is one of the most difficult decisions leaders have to make and is never something done lightly. Although we constantly deal with change due to the everchanging healthcare industry, layoffs have been the organization’s last resort of action. The unfortunate reality is that the financial impact COVID-19 has had on our health system as well as other health systems and other industries within our region, state and country is unprecedented. Out of respect for the service of employees impacted as well as our responsibility to them and their families, we provided employees with multiple options to assist with their transition. Respect and responsibility are also core values of Tower Health. While COVID-19 has negatively impacted many areas of our operations, we are still committed to growing to meet the healthcare needs of our patients, the communities we serve, and the needs of our employees and their families. We hope this response helps to provide another perspective.

7. "Cleaning up the old"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenixville, PA

I worked at Tower Health part-time

Pros

Fun Environment but not all play

Cons

Management is terrible and refuse to take out the trash

April 14, 2020Director, Client Services

Thank you for taking the time to review Tower Health – we appreciate the four star review. We are happy to hear that you found Phoenixville Hospital to be a fun environment. We are committed to providing employees with supportive management. As a result, we encourage all employees to reach out to their HR Business Partner or to follow the management chain of command to share any concerns or issues they have so we may address them. Thanks again for the feedback.

8. "okay"

I worked at Tower Health part-time

Pros

felxible, nice, caring, one manager, food

Cons

pay, hospital, management, rooms, duties

9. "Good place for work"

Former Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Reading, PA

I worked at Tower Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not very good benefit

Cons

A very busy place to work, not stressful.

10. "Urgent care nurse"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Tower Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work experience for new nurses. Always something new each day.

Cons

Low salary. They now start off at $19.00 which is absolutely ridiculous for LPN’s in my area. Since I started at $23 it was impossible to get a raise.

Found 44 reviews