Tower Loan Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Francis C. Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You also have to work long hours (in 23 reviews)

• It can be hard work at times, but as long as you put forth effort there is no problem hitting goals (in 9 reviews)

1. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Tower Loan full-time

Pros

Tower Loan is one of the best companies you could work for. The supervisors actually care about their employees. You become "family" with your colleagues. You earn what you put in. If you work hard then Tower Loan would be a great fit. The career opportunities are unlimited.

Cons

There are no Cons working for Tower Loan.

Advice to Management

Success only comes to people who wake up hungry everyday.

2. "Flexibility"

I worked at Tower Loan full-time

Pros

Salary, Relationships with customers and co-works, reimbursement

Cons

Making house calls, long hours

Advice to Management

N/a

3. "Co manager"

Former Employee - Co Manager in Missouri City, TX
    Former Employee - Co Manager in Missouri City, TX

I worked at Tower Loan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Managing your own office. Work indoors at desk. Easy job. Manager meetings. Co-workers. Finance experience. Vacation/401k/profit sharing. That's about it.

Cons

Lack of appreciation from superiors. Pay is nothing what you expect when you get to management. They make it sound like good money while training but in reality, it depends which office you are promoted to. Managed for 2 years, moved far away from family, never made much more than 40K including bonuses. Worked 50-54 hours. Basically get paid 16-18 a hour. Pay is not worth moving far from your family.

Advice to Management

Don't lose a manager that you know can and will be successful because you don't pay them what they deserve. I loved my "career" at Tower. I loved the job but was cut short on pay. ✌🏻

4. "Please Avoid This Company"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee

I have been working at Tower Loan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting coworkers that feel exactly how I feel about this company

Cons

Long hours, management, repetitive work, women not being able to wear flats but are made to wear heels all the time, African American employees not being able to wear braids or Locs, the overall job is awful

"Good Pay, Terrible Time"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Many, LA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Many, LA

I worked at Tower Loan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, but only if you hit your goals.

Cons

Customers, Management, Inconsistent Training, Long Hours

Advice to Management

Treat and train your employees better. Make your goals more realistic.

6. "Csr"

I have been working at Tower Loan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, paid time off, room for advancement. Great money for not having a degree. Bonuses and pay raises. And commission!!!

Cons

Nothing. I've work for the company for 7 years and I love my job. Some days it's​ hard but I love my job and I'm glad that I work for a great company.

7. "manager trainee"

I worked at Tower Loan full-time

Pros

none this was a miserable job

Cons

too many hour too little pay and have to lie

Advice to Management

treat employees better

"Manager Trainee"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Bastrop, LA
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Bastrop, LA

I have been working at Tower Loan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work with people who actually want to see you succeed and will help you get there. They do on the job training and teach you everything you will need to become a successful branch manager. I love my job and the people that I work with.

Cons

So far I have not had a negative experience with Tower Loan!

9. "A company all it's own."

Former Employee - Manager in Hattie, WV
    Former Employee - Manager in Hattie, WV

I worked at Tower Loan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses/Incentive is wonderful
    Base pay makes for a wonderful compensation.
    Company motivation everyday
    Paid for Condos by the company, which were great.
    Great health insurance
    401k investment plan

Cons

Hours were longer than what most would like. I feel this was the only negative I would occasionally agree with. I have a newborn and a lot of times I would be coming home at 8-9 and would miss time with him. But the better you run your office, the fewer hours you work.

Advice to Management

Stay as considerate of your employees as you already are. I only hope my next employer is similar to your company. You were nothing shy of exemplary.

10. "The honest truth"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Tower Loan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First off let me start by assuring you that tower loan does encourage their employees to come to Glassdoor to write reviews. The reasoning behind that is to push all of the negative reviews to the bottom. Tower has several benefits if you go to the right office or state. Some offices you will make good money. You won't have to put a lot of hours in other than 40-45 a week. Tower offers 401k and insurance benefits to their employees. I enjoyed managing the office itself and other employees. I actually enjoyed this job completely. I also had a excellent supervisor that I still have much respect for. I never experienced my supervisor being to hard on me or my co-workers. He was always fair and very understanding. Towers manager meetings are also a pro.

Cons

There are several cons working at tower loan. Like I said previously, depending on which location you are placed at will determine your experience with this company. Tower wants to pay their managers min salary and reward them by reaching their goals and paying bonus money. Now that could be a pro if you are out in a good office. It is a con if they send you several hours away from your family and pay you the very min salary. I have seen tower give good offices to people that have quit and came back. I've seen tower give poor offices to managers that are extremely hard working and very good at their job. Now this may be because the hard working employee will make better results in that office. But it is still a huge con to under pay the hard worker so he can clean up the mess. The biggest con with tower loan is being relocated. I don't mind relocating for a promotion. The problem is relocating and the company doesn't pay you what you are worth. You take the risk of moving 5+ hours away from your family/friends, and only make a little more than you did as a trainee. You may be relocated to a area that has a higher cost of living, but tower will still pay you the bare min salary no matter how upside down your office will be. Tower also has a huge problem with hiring people in many of their locations. This affects the office goals which will hurt/kill the managers bonus no matter how hard the manager works.

Advice to Management

When you promote a manager several hours away and you know they are going to work hard and be successful; make sure you pay them what they are worth. Dont lose good managers because you aren't paying them what they deserve.