Towergate Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Towergate Insurance Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2019

Found 208 reviews

2.6
Towergate Insurance CEO David Ross  (no image)
David Ross

"Sad to leave, Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Renewals in Telford, England

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The working environment, friendly staff and management Opportunities to progress within each role. Great company benefits Internal training and support in completing CII training modules

Cons

Nothing to say here, sad to be leaving.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Towergate Insurance2018-09-26

"Unappreciated"

I worked at Towergate Insurance

Pros

?? They don't exist at all

Cons

Poor management too far out of their depth

Advice to Management

Don't forget everyone is human

Towergate Insurance2018-11-01

"Accountant"

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros about this company

Cons

The managers are not to geat

Towergate Insurance2018-10-31
  4. "Somewhat disappointing"

Current Employee - New Business Advisor in Colchester, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay is decent, commission is also a nice bonus. - Laid back attitude in the office, but I must admit that this will depend on the people you work with so it's not a Towergate pro per se. - Coffee and tea at your disposal. - Opportunity for further training, various courses or accrediatations you can apply for. The trainers themselves are actually quite nice and helpful people. - Some employees are... well intentioned and hard working but continuously under-appreciated, even among the managers. Those people will be your friends and make your life much easier, though. I am struggling to find more pros as the rest are personal and not connected to or due to Towergate.

Cons

- The company insists on all customer services values but when it comes down to it all they seem to care about is the money. People who perform on their target are rewarded even if their behaviour is non-compliant while others will be taxed if they perform very well on everything apart from their target. - Management comes off as very unapproachable. Won't give you the time of the day unless your're part of a... certain clique. - You will be expected to do unpaid over-time and you are not allowed to try to avoid it. - Very difficult to change illogical or unfair day-to-day procedures or lack of procedure altogether. - Outdated systems and poor IT management. The "new" system keeps getting delayed and the company keeps setting deadlines that clearly will not be met. - Very little room for advancement and little career opportunities, people have actually been discouraged from pursuing a change in position. - Other people have spoken about nepotism, which is true. Also very strange considering there is a high staff turn over. People leave...a lot. - Old or improper office equipment. It's amazing what a chair with proper lumbar support can do to your daily productivity.

Advice to Management

Review your day to day procedures as they are outdated and could be improved. Office management should also be more open to discussion and approachable. Should also review what you really care about in day to day business rather than giving mixed signals to your staff as questionable behaviour keeps getting rewarded as long as money is coming in. There have been occasions when management has actually been... insulting to the staff but I also think that is up to the individuals to sort out. I can't shake the feeling though that as people we don't really matter when we're at the bottom of the food chain. Probably explains the high staff turn over. Forcing your staff to do unpaid over-time is also unacceptable and results in them developing various ways to try and avoid it at the expense of your customer base and company resources. I can imagine recruiting and hiring new staff all the time is costly. Productivity would probably increase if you treated your staff fairly instead of hounding them and overworking them with no reward in return. I don't shy away from hard work as long as I feel I'm working towards something and is appreciated. I am open to discuss this in more detail should anyone want to contact me, I do not feel like discussing this with the higher-ups of my particular branch is wanted or would bring any results, but I am also of the opinion a company should be given the opportunity to improve. I wouldn't have taken the time to write this review if I didn't care about work ethic and improving things.

Towergate Insurance2018-10-11
  5. ""Great place to work""

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time

Pros

Great company benefits Good pension package Flexible Good training and development

Cons

None, I really can't complain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

Towergate Insurance2018-09-12

"The worst business I have ever worked for"

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great at selling the dream Good benefits package (although I think that has gone now for anyone joining)

Cons

A culture of lies - so many promises and declarations yet none of it seems to be based on action or truth Whiplash from the number of changes. Just when you think the business is moving in one direction they do a complete U-turn and tell you not to ask questions A management team that instills fear - I have never known a business where speaking your mind is so frowned upon

Advice to Management

Start trusting your staff and stop worrying about your ego

Towergate Insurance2018-09-04
  7. "Not great working in their finance department unless you all came across together from another company."

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time

Pros

When the day ends and you get to leave

Cons

Rife nepotism, questionable values demonstrated in some cases

Advice to Management

NA

Towergate Insurance2018-08-30
  8. "Terrible Redundancy Package/Notice"

Former Employee - Client Services Consultant in Leeds, England

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location, No one cares what your doing so you can do what you like!

Cons

They have zero interest in their staff or what they do on a daily basis. All they care about is targets

Advice to Management

Management are unable to manage people properly because they are constantly being lied to by people above them.

Towergate Insurance2018-08-20
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Handler in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company benefits Good pension package Flexible Access to CII training modules

Cons

None really, can't complain.

Towergate Insurance2018-07-12
  10. "Terrible Employee Culture"

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They talk a good game Some of the management seem to care and want to do well

Cons

Terrible HR Treat staff poorly and use them Seem to ignore bad news (redundancies) and only focus on positives

Advice to Management

Stop treating staff like they're just a number

Towergate Insurance2018-07-18