Town Pump Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

Current Employee - IMS in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - IMS in Butte, MT

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Town Pump has allowed me to have a great balance of work/life. There is a strong focus on community and providing the best experience for the customer and employee.

Great benefits, and have great managers that genuinely care and are helpful.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the value you are providing.

2. "Great Employer!"

Current Employee - Web/Graphic Designer in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - Web/Graphic Designer in Butte, MT

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and owners that care about employees. Enjoyable work environment and fun atmosphere.

Cons

My only con is that that actually expect you to work. No - seriously, no complaints here so far!

3. "asst. manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Wolf Point, MT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Wolf Point, MT

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet new people every day. I work the graveyard shift most of the time. You see all kinds of people at night.

Cons

Dealing with thieves and rude drunk. There all not like that though.

Advice to Management

Stick with your strong points and you will make the positive changes happen. To always be aware of what is going on .

4. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Great Falls, MT
    Current Employee - District Manager in Great Falls, MT

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is a family feel from our family owned company. You are always recognized for your ideas and accomplishments. Employees are treated fairly and with respect. The opportunities for growth are impressive.

Cons

We are a retail company. If you don't like working with people, this might not be the place for you. Lack of spousal insurance is difficult for me with ever increasing private insurance costs. Our technological growth often seems difficult and challenging.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more in person interaction with the field. I would suggest reviewing compensation benefits, specifically vacation time, as compared to our competitors and business partners, especially for 10+year employees.

5. "Great employment opportunities"

Current Employee - District Manager in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - District Manager in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People oriented. Fun, growing, good supervisors. Promotions within the company whether you have been a long term employee or new to the company. Show us what you can do and the sky is the limit!

Cons

It can be frustrating dealing with conflicts with public and personnel but we have great support and ongoing training to help us through the challenges.

Advice to Management

Put people first, like you do currently and the rest falls into place. If you treat them right, they will be there to take care of you too.

6. "I've worked for Town Pump for almost 15 years"

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome 401k, great benefits, still small enough to know everyone's faces, treated with respect, most locations can work around different availabilities

Cons

No discounts on ready to eat or use...yet!

Advice to Management

Don't pass up an opportunity to come see what we have to offer!

7. "Come work at a greta place!"

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Pay! Awesome benefits! Flexible scheduling! Wonderful advancement opportunities!

Cons

I can't think of any

8. "Good people TERRIBLE coworkers"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Red Lodge, MT
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Red Lodge, MT

I worked at Town Pump full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people that cared about people. Most of them would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.

Cons

Store management team is the definition of incompetent, with the exception of one assistant manager. No team work, everyone left tasks for everyone else instead of trying to get something done.

Advice to Management

New Store Manager, New Deli Manager, Promote the Assistant Manager to Co manager and force out the current management.

9. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Kalispell, MT
    Former Employee - Cashier in Kalispell, MT

I worked at Town Pump full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Town Pump at 2 locations the first location (west side of Montana) I worked at was terrible. Management was rude. The other location, across the state was better. Employees were fun to work with.

Cons

Kalispell, MT location, management was rude, he had favorites. That was several years ago. It might have changed, not to sure.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention and respect your employees. Have meeting and listen to their concerns. Pay your employees what they are actually worth.

10. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Town Pump full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The People.

Some of the best people you'll ever work with make coming to work every day an exciting opportunity to have fun. There's an atmosphere of teamwork and support, accompanied by a great pace of work.

The Progress.

We're always building new sites and improving our existing sites, growing in size and capability. You will never run out of things to do. If you need something to do your job better, there's no bureaucracy that needs to be consulted. Great job support, the only thing you need to do is ask. There's also opportunities to learn other skills/certifications and get promoted, Town Pump does a great job promoting from within.

The Benefits.

I just started a 401k (you get one whether you sign up or not, because the company has a profit sharing program), and I was amazed at how quickly I have been able to start saving some real dollars. Health insurance options are provided as well as dental and vision. Town Pump employees and anyone in their immediate family can apply for a college scholarship.

Town Pump's Charitable Foundation

It makes you proud to work for a company that is so involved in the success of the communities they're in. Every year you hear about a massive food drive that's happening or donations of fire fighting equipment or back to school supplies, etc. It's great that I get to be a part of that effort.

Cons

The pace of work can be very fast at times. I used to work in the Convenience Store division at one of our Travel Plazas, and the rush crowd would hit and you would be moving your entire shift. Not a bad thing, you just have to be ready to be overwhelmed at times. A great team makes it manageable though. I work in the corporate office now, and things are no different. I work with great people that allow me to handle everything in stride.

Advice to Management

I'm so fortunate to work for a great company in the great state of Montana, so my advice would be to keep up the great work!