Town of Oyster Bay Recreational Aide Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Recreational Aide

Town of Oyster Bay Recreation Aide Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2015

1. "Nice experience. Greatly depends upon which Commissioner you workfor."

Former Employee - Recreational Aide in Massapequa, NY

I worked at Town of Oyster Bay full-time

Pros

Friendly people, opportunity to use brain, again dependent upon the commissioner to whom you report.

Cons

Bad experience with Deputy Commissioner. She enjoyed messing with people, preferring that to just letting us do our work! Ensure Deputies do not have free range to destroy morale and needle people based on her unsubstantiated personal problems (mainly regarding unsubstantiated feelings, not business related)!

Continue reading
    Town of Oyster Bay2015-04-29

"My experience at the Town of Oyster Bay varied greatly from department to department."

Former Employee - Recreational Aide in Massapequa, NY

I worked at Town of Oyster Bay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lot of departments! Easy to move around "til you find that perfect fit. Nobody wants to spend their entire day surrounded by old, gossiping women, which could easily happen here. Thankfully, I was able to check out three of four different spots, when I finally found a perfect fit. Of course, there's always one person, but I can honestly say that (besides that one), I honestly enjoyed working with everyone in my last position. I would definitely have stayed if personal circumstances didn't dictate that I move to another state.

Cons

Very politically ruled. It's all about who you know!!! Additionally (and because of this), too many of the wrong people have too much power. They seem to attract mean, spiteful, immature supervisors, who like flexing their muscles and disrupting work more than overseeing a smooth flow of operation.

Continue reading