KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Towne Mortgage Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2021

Found 87 of over 88 reviews

4.0
Towne Mortgage CEO Mark Janssen (no image)
Mark Janssen
Pros
  • "Towne mortgage is not what it was 5 years ago or even 2years ago(in 6 reviews)

• "Great people coming together to do great work(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it takes time to get the right people to resolve issues, but that's the corporate world, not just Towne(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love it here

Sep 14, 2021 - Software Development Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Towne has been great so far. We have flexibility in our scheduled. We're able to express ideas we might have to make our company better. I am able to talk to anyone in the company about anything. Our IT department works very well together, along with other departments within Towne. I am really glad I get to work here. We're empowered to make changes to make our department better

Cons

I wish we could see folks in person a little bit more.

Vendor Manaagement

Thank you for your positive feedback! Excited to have you on our team!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Neutral

Oct 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people. Decent benefits. Flexible.

Cons

More reactive than proactive on issues.

Vendor Manaagement

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value your input as a team member and we encourage you to contact our HR team if you like to discuss and work together to find a solution. Contact HR via email at HR@TowneMortgage.com.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fake people

Sep 9, 2021 - Underwriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay 40 hours a week Bonus structure. Coworkers are friendly Holidays Flexible with time off.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, plays favorites, bad promotion choices. Only 15 days of PTO.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place I have ever worked!

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Human Resources Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility, Culture, Co-Workers, Leadership, Benefits, community initiatives, and support!

Cons

N/A - love the company!

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Company is great and love Managemet

Jun 17, 2021 - Underwriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly management that works with you Great remote opportunity They take care of employees

Cons

I work with someone that is on a power trip. this individual micromanages how I do things and what I accomplish throughout the day. The worst part is this individual will go run to our boss and tattle on me. I have had a couple of conversation with management but nothing seems to change

Vendor Manaagement

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we appreciate and value your feedback. We would like to encourage you to contact the HR department so that we may work together to find a solution.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Happy Camper

Mar 17, 2021 - Graphic Designer/Marketing Coordinator in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, flexible, optimistic, inclusive, fun

Cons

Office space and tech equipment are the things I think need improvement.

Vendor Manaagement

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying our company culture.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Opportunity for Career Growth

Mar 10, 2021 - Mortgage Underwriter II in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve only been at Towne since November but I couldn’t be happier. This was a career shift for me and their training had me on the ground running within 3 months. Coworkers and management are friendly and give praise when it counts. The benefits and perks are great. I can pretty much work remotely from anywhere in the US. Bonus structure is phenomenal if you put in the work.

Cons

Training program is very new so definitely some kinks to work out and it sometimes feels like I hear different answers for the same question from different people.

Vendor Manaagement

We appreciate your review! Happy to have you as part of our team!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Feb 24, 2021 - Loan Processor in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for the job

Cons

None everything was great working for the company

Vendor Manaagement

Thank you for your review! Good luck to you in the future.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Jan 27, 2021 - Full Time Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, pay was decent, benefits are good.

Cons

I really wish they would promote current employees into management roles before hiring brand new employees.

Vendor Manaagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We appreciate your thoughts and will keep them in mind as we move forward with our growth and development.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Same Pros and Cons as other mortgage companies

Feb 9, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid nice bonuses. Flexible boss

Cons

Chaotic management structure. Vindictive culture

Vendor Manaagement

At Towne, we are committed to a culture of feedback. On a regular basis, we do ask team members to provide feedback – good or bad, so that we can continue to get even better! If a current or former team member has a concern, we have an open door policy and encourage them to directly contact the HR Team or the Chief People Office at 248-528-7280.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews

Towne Mortgage Reviews FAQs

Towne Mortgage has an overall rating of 4 out of 5, based on over 88 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Towne Mortgage to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Towne Mortgage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Towne Mortgage. This rating has decreased by 0% over the last 12 months.

80% of Towne Mortgage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Towne Mortgage 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Towne Mortgage to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Towne Mortgage Job Seekers