Towne Properties Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2020

4.4
Towne Properties CEO Adam Bortz
Adam Bortz
Pros
  • "Laid back, no mircomanaging, extremely happy and friendly work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people to with , great company to work for(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cost of health insurance is extremely high(in 10 reviews)

• "There are really no cons that I can think of(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Towne Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The slogan isn't a lie, Towne Properties is truly a great place to work - Laid back, no mircomanaging, extremely happy and friendly work environment - Lots of mini perks that come with the job - Competitive Salary and Acknowledge hard work with increases, incentives, bonuses, and various awards - No one makes you feel like you are below them, very humble people at the top of the organization

Cons

- Stuck in the past in a few areas, can be difficult to suggest change - Communication across various departments could improve - Room for growth is limited in some departments

March 18, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Your experience closely describes the experience we hope to provide each of our associates at Towne Properties. We're glad you find this to be a great place to work, and find your work environment to be extremely happy and friendly. You mention that suggestions for change can be difficult to provide, but hope this doesn't discourage you from continuing to provide feedback. We do strive for a collaborative environment and this is only possible with the feedback and suggestions from our associates. Thanks again for your review!

2. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Towne Properties full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for! I have worked for Towne Properties for 18 years. They care about the employees and strive to make a happy work environment. Neil Bortz genuinely cares about his employees and their families. Adam Bortz has a great vision for the future of Towne Properties and I look forward to seeing where he will lead the company. The amount of time off you get vacation and holidays are very good. Christmas parties and annual employee pick nicks are very nice. Overall this company is amazing!

Cons

Pay is a little low and health care is high. Raises don't happen very often.

July 5, 2020Recruitment Manager

We appreciate your time and review. It's great to see that you have so much you appreciate here at Towne Properties, from leadership down to company events and everything in-between. Between the efforts of our outstanding Marketing team, and the various Fun Crew committees, we are able to plan lots of fun events- from big to small. Thanks again for your review.

3. "Towne Properties is a great company to work for."

Former Employee - Leasing Professional

I worked at Towne Properties full-time

Pros

The company wants you to succeed and provides necessary training and mentorship.

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement.

May 26, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review the company after working with Towne Properties as a Leasing Professional. We're delighted that you found the training and mentorship opportunities to be helpful in your success with us. The advancement opportunities are plentiful thanks to these well-established structured programs and the majority of our openings for new roles are due to the fact that we are able to promote from within . Thanks again for your time and your review.

4. "What is this"

1.0
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Dublin, OH

I worked at Towne Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros everything was a mess

Cons

No supplys,lazy manager,everything old and broken, manager tries to push her work on to you,

May 28, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review. We do encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to discuss your issues as they seem to be very specific. Your experience does not align with the environment we seek to create for our associates and we'd appreciate an opportunity for discussion.

5. "Best Property Management Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Leasing Professional

I have been working at Towne Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent and thorough training program, frequent visits and interaction with upper management, great performance-based incentives, and a strong open door policy that promotes loyalty and trust.

Cons

Wish that every property could be a Towne property! Turnover & staffing can be an issue but that probably has more to do current low unemployment rates. Having additional temp or pt staff for office needs would help take the load off and ensure we can focus on leasing as much as possible. We're here to do that and if we continually are diverted to other projects it takes us away from our main objective.

March 20, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your thorough review. We are delighted to see that you find such value in our training programs and culture we've created at Towne Properties. Keep in mind that we do provide additional staffing help through our Community Relief Specialists which can be requested for community backup anytime through the Training and Development Department. Thanks again for your review.

6. "Blessed to be Part of the Towne Family"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Towne Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Becoming part of the Towne family, 1 year ago, was one of the smartest decisions I ever made. I am so blessed to be a part of a team of people who understand the big picture and care not only about their employees, but also the impact of the communities around them. I can honesty say I love to come to work everyday and I look forward to many more years to come!

Cons

I don't have any cons. When we have concerns they are addressed professionally and a solution is presented.

February 18, 2020Recruitment Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and we’re happy to hear you're pleased overall. An environment in which our associates feels appreciated and heard is one we've worked diligently to create over the years. Very glad to see that you notice and value the culture we've created. Thanks again for your review.

7. "A very negative work environment."

2.0
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Towne Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company training. The residents on the property are amazing.

Cons

Unnecessary drama in the work place between maintenance and the manager. Benefits are lacking, as well as holidays, vacation time and sick.

February 28, 2020Recruitment Manager

We appreciate your candid feedback and are disappointed your experience with Towne Properties was a negative one. Your concerns are very specific and we wonder if you had the chance to address them during your exit interview. If not, we welcome a conversation with our Human Resources department if you are willing to reach out.

"Company could be better!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Towne Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depending on your Regional, community manager has flexibility when needing time off and such. I imagine that at company owned properties the culture is much better than at those that are managed by Towne and not directly owned. The pay is average in comparison to other companies.

Cons

1. Cost of health insurance is extremely high. It increases if you elect to not have the wellness exam yearly. 2. The pay for a manager is livable, but below what most companies are offering. 3. Monthly pay if you are salary. Which is hard to budget if you are not use to being paid like that. 4. Owners of properties have unrealistic expectations for their properties that are in very difficult areas in which they have little to no experience in. 5. Regional managers will micromanage every aspect of your property and leave you with no control. 6. Leasing commissions and Manager bonus are extremely low in comparison to other management companies. Managers only get a bonus once a year at the annual TAD celebration and it is a very low bonus. 7. Unless you are "In" with the rest of the crew in your division, you and your staff will be treated like outsiders at district events and such. 8. Any training will almost always require you to drive to Cincinnati so be prepared for days with long drives.

February 26, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your thorough review. It's disappointing to hear your experience with us was less than stellar. Many of your concerns are ones we'd like the chance to address with you. Did you participate in an exit interview in which you brought these topics to light? If not, we encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to start a conversation. We seek to improve the employee experience for our associates in as many meaningful ways as possible and these conversations enable us to do so. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

"Think twice"

1.0
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Towne Properties full-time

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about the company.

Cons

This company doesn’t properly handle harassment and hostile work environment cases. They allow the area managers to use intimidation on staff members, and have major superiority complexs. If your a yes man or woman then this is the right place for you. If you are a forward thinker, believe in treating others with respect, and want to do your job in its fullest abilities look elsewhere!

March 16, 2020Recruitment Manager

We appreciate the time you've taken in sharing your experience and we're disappointed to hear you've had an experience unlike the one we strive to provide our associates. Your issues sound very specific and we hope you've taken all possible steps available to discuss these items with those that want to help, including your RVP and HR team. If you haven't yet done so, we do encourage your call or email in the Human Resources department.

10. "Love Working for Towne Properties"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager

I have been working at Towne Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Communication, Decent Wages, Friendly Staff, Really do Care about Employees, Involved in communities, promote from within, low employee turn-over.

Cons

Insurance provider, wages(commissions are low)

January 22, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience working with Towne Properties. We're pleased to see such a long list of things you appreciate about being an associate here. As to you advice to management, we are proud that we offer above average leasing incentives based on compensation studies for management companies in our area. That being said, we always welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement to our practices. If you have a proposal for an incentive plan that feels more reflective of your role, please reach out to your supervisor, your RVP, or to Human Resources to start a conversation. Thanks again for your candid feedback and for over three years with Towne Properties.

Found 129 reviews