Townsquare Media Reviews

Updated May 18, 2022

Found 409 of over 445 reviews

3.6
Townsquare Media Co-CEOs Bill Wilson and Dhruv Prasad (no image)
Bill Wilson and Dhruv Prasad

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to be around(in 36 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great.(in 9 reviews)
  • "I love working for TSM, my team is amazing and I always feel incredibly supported in everything I do.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and PTO.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Great training and several products(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Townsquare Media and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the incentives they set up

Cons

Really hard to do all of the data entry they require

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Co- Workers

May 18, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Midland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really loved and appreciated my team, my immediate supervisor and my department. Alot of fun activities like Christmas parties, perks like free tickets to local events, food vouchers etc

Cons

Low pay, never received a raise

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

They’re the same as every other terrible radio company

Apr 26, 2022 - Morning Show Host
    Business Outlook

Pros

They’re great, until they’re not. I sang their praises in the beginning, and then they started adding job duties with no extra money and firing people left and right and I quit standing up for them.

Cons

It’s a radio company. They try to play themselves off as “not like every other radio company,” but they are. Syndicated jocks, low pay, multiple jobs with no extra money, and all they do is pat themselves on the back. You’ll work yourself to death for years and then they’ll fire you with a few weeks severance. Don’t. Work. For. Them.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Salary/Lots Of Work

Apr 19, 2022 - Operations Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Digitally forward thinking company. Great compensation and multiple remote opportunities.

Cons

Lack of budget for promotions and on-site appearances. Corporate reports often bogged down the process of being productive on the local level.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Operation Manager

Apr 25, 2022 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and perfect location!

Cons

I don't have any cons!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exceptional Company

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Townsquare Media is an exceptional broadcast and digital media company that truly operates from a people-first perspective.

Cons

Performance expectations are high but manageable.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Mar 30, 2022 - Director of Content
    Business Outlook

Pros

The one really big selling point of the company is the fact they are at the forefront of media trends. More than just a radio company, TSM is a media company. As a result, the company has weathered the pandemic much better than other radio and media companies have.

Cons

The hiring process can be somewhat arduous.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Apr 11, 2022 - Account Executive in Presque Isle, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is a forward thinking fast moving digital and radio sales company.

Cons

Seems like management doesn't understand this small market.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid at ALL costs

Mar 22, 2022 - Account Executive in Kalamazoo, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The internal team I worked with was great- the managers care and want to provide you the tools to do your job and meet quotas (note: wanting to provide you aid is not equal to able to provide aid).

Cons

The absolute worst pay I’ve ever gotten at any job- including with commission. Higher ups that are delusional about the realities of the job. Constantly shifting expectations that are not based in reality of the market or economy. Higher ups wanted sales over genuine relationships with clients… which results in little to no ROI for clients.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Succeed

Jan 17, 2022 - Corporate Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

My managers are some of the best I've ever had, it's really easy to be successful when you have so much support behind you. Completely realistic goals and metrics I love love love how supportive my entire team is, we celebrate wins together and support each other through the losses Overall, it's been a really great experience so far - definitely planning to stay long term.

Cons

There are only 2 things I don't love - we have to pay for parking in Uptown, which can be pretty expensive, and that we only get paid twice a month. Neither of which are deal breakers for me by any means - more like inconveniences if anything.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 409 Reviews

Townsquare Media Reviews FAQs

Townsquare Media has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 445 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Townsquare Media to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Townsquare Media employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Townsquare Media. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

66% of Townsquare Media employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Townsquare Media 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Townsquare Media to be coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, career development.

Popular Careers with Townsquare Media Job Seekers